Installation Problem-Administrator Has Set Policies That Prevents This Installation

except it's my personal laptop, and I've set literally zero policies that would prevent installation

any ideas?
anyone
wow please
try right-clicking the installer and selecting "run as administrator"
tried, but there's not an option for htat on the installer
On Windows 7, there should (must?) be an option like suggested above. On Vista, I guess the same but dont be sure. On XP it should be just "run as" and then you can choose which account to use (and ONE account with administrative rights should always exist). On W2k I could not make it run at all, and from my long gone experiences, I'd say you had to switch manually to an admin account (or admin rights for your own) - but there were some tools to help you, some "runas" scrips etc. On w8, no idea - and absolutely no interest in figuring out ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
NPlace wrote:
except it's my personal laptop, and I've set literally zero policies that would prevent installation
any ideas?

Have a look at this...

"Restrict Users from Running Specific Applications"
http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/969/

As a reminder:
Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows.

Also - if this is really your personal laptop -> do a complete(not he quick one) scan with a proper antivirus-application..............

Last edited by StefanK on Jan 29, 2013, 4:23:06 AM
If you use Windows 7 or Windows Vista, check also that you have logged in as an administrator and not like a standard user.

One important thing to know is that even if you are logged in as an administrator, programs will not have administrator permissions by default (in Windows Vista & Windows 7). If a program needs administrator privileges, you must elevate the program so it gets administrator privileges. For setup programs this is very common:

More information is available in this article:
http://www.samlogic.net/articles/installation-program-windows-vista-7.htm

Last edited by Micki333v on Feb 19, 2013, 6:08:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info