"No login token specified" error

I have an error when trying to starting the game. I receive "no login token specified" error. Please help me.
Last edited by HilikusBjorn on Mar 7, 2014, 5:42:43 PM
I have the same problem.
Are you playing via Steam or the Classic (web) client?

If Steam, have you restarted your PC/Steam and tried again?
These two guys looks like just quit the game after not getting a reply, any possible fix for this?
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
ignarsoll wrote:
These two guys looks like just quit the game after not getting a reply, any possible fix for this?

They didn't answer the questions posed to them to attempt to identify the problem.

Can't help someone who doesn't help themselves by answering support questions or posting more details.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
ignarsoll wrote:

They didn't answer the questions posed to them to attempt to identify the problem.

Can't help someone who doesn't help themselves by answering support questions or posting more details.

Ok, I'm having this exact problem with garena's version (ofc non-steam), in the same computer GGG's non-steam version and steam version works flawlessly but when I run garena's Client.exe this error pops up and game crashes. Could you help?

Probably no, that was the reason why I posted my response here, this is directly related how GGG implemented their launcher, thus this is a more technical problem than usual support questions, someone from GGG should help.

That said if you have specific information about this problem it's highly appreciated.

Edit: Draiker also my previous post was not directed to you. You don't have any responsibility to help people here, if you do it's you beng kind. Just wanted to make it clear if you find my previous post offensive towards you.

In the other hand GGG's support should find it (mildly :)) offensive; as to my belief they just lost two potential paying customers in this thread.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Last edited by ignarsoll on Mar 31, 2014, 5:16:25 PM
Well... seems to me the problem is in the communication of the token between the Garena client and the PoE client (GGG).

Both systems require a separate authentication system. I'll describe in general how it works, then maybe with that information, you can see how it works on your system and maybe adjust things and get it to work.

When you log in with either Steam or Garena, you're not authenticating with GGG, you're authenticating with Steam/Garena.. that is to say: You are not authenticating with your GGG account. You are authenticating with your normal Steam or Garena account.

Once you have authenticated with them, they contact GGG on the server-side and say that you've authenticated with them, and they request a token from GGG which you can use to verify your identity. GGG passes a token to Steam/Garena, which then in turn passes the login token onto you.

This login token is passed to the PathOfExile client which is then used instead of standard username/password authentication and the server verifies your token and marks you as logged in.

Now, if the token produced is invalid, that could be a few different things, but could also be due to how the client is being launched (as the token has to be passed in the command-line I believe).

Tokens are not valid for long either to prevent attacks which could cause you to generate a token but never use it, being used instead at a later time by a hacker to gain access.

I don't imagine this should be an issue that is ALWAYS happening to certain people. I imagine it is an issue that would happen once in a while, but when closing and re-opening Steam/Garena would fix itself.

Are you saying that every time you log in with Garena you have this issue?
anyone solved this issue? i've been trying to solve this issue for days but still no luck. please help, want to play this game badly but i'm getting frustrated and might end up uninstalling this instead. why it is so hard for you guys to make a simple installer for a game? first time to encounter this for a game.
this is really frustrating. tried installing the garena version but encounter another error. "Error VC runtime library". is this game even working? common guys.
please post your own thread with more descriptive information on what your problem is. tell us EXACTLY what you're doing and what the results are. This includes HOW you are trying to install, which version, etc. Also include all error messages and details, and if the error is generic, look in the Windows Event/Error log.

Then maybe we can help you. BTW: the game works fine for the vast majority of people. This issue isn't common, and it's likely an issue on your end, not GGG's end.. so keep that in mind before you go off on them and trying to insinuate that they're not good at what they do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info