Looking for feedback

Hi, I'm a relatively new player (been playing for less than 3 weeks) and would like to have some feedback on a character i'm currently playing.

Specifically looking for suggestion on:
-easily attend-able/affordable gear idea
-comments on passive skill tree
-skill chose/utilization

I'm not looking for pure min/maxing stuffs...i have no patience in farming anything in general and mostly play solo casually. I just want to be able to do the missions while having fun. Its fine if occasionally i die and have to try a few times or different tactics to pass a certain boss.

I played a LA ranger and a 2h hammer maraudar both to the beginning of cruel act 1. The muraudar is kinda slow and boring and low dps, while the ranger seems to be having some HP and resist issue. ><

Explanation for my character concept:
I started this scion character with the idea that i want to have an easier time to cap my resists (cuz i hate looking for gears and balancing resist and everything else i want... and also cuz i'm new so dont have money or anything xD) and somehow decided to go with elemental damage.

I ended up sticking with inferno blow as my main single target dps and lighting strike as main aoe, but I also use fire trap for dot or just kiting when i need to (like trying to read the monster's mods to figure out what i should do, or getting chased by 5 rares all of a sudden...). I'm using a 1h sword + evasion shield.

I use a lot of skills (probably inefficient... but its fun O.o):
- Flicker strike allows me to teleport to the dangerous caster or ranged mob hiding behind the group so i can kill them
-shield charge is linked with endurance charge on melee stun, and i use it to travel @.@
-also using different auras depends on situations, currently running clarity for the mp sustain and haste for runnign speed and attack speed
-inferno blow linked with add fire and wep elemental
-lightning strike link with LMP, bloodmagic and life gain on hit
-frenze is used to simply increase my attack speed, usually on rare and boss
-my CoDT proc multen shell and temporal chains right now.

Defense-wise, I have both armor and evasion (never decide to use which one or both.. but sticking with both atm). I have generally 30% dmg reduction with a 45-50% evasion, and 26-30% block chance. and all resists capped at all times.
Currently have a bit over 1400 hp, and both flicker strike and shield charge also allow me to get in or get out of a fight fast (unless i lag...).

Anyways, here is my current passive tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEEswhnFE0VIBg8GS4n7SlPKk0xnjKJOuE8LT8nQYdG10rITP9X4l3GX6pgbXKpc-F3YnflfLt82YKbguSDOIqvkBGTOp2AogCmV6yqr2y3Pr0nvrzE9sWKxq7ZYd3z7DjwH_JF8933iPno_go=

I'm probably going to get the rest of the resists near the maraudar side before i reach merciless (or whenever i need, depends on the gear i find, my base resists are 44% for elemental and 0% chaos, can add another 42-48% from passive within 10 lvls if i want). I also have the option to take a lot of the health points immediately whenever i need them. I was wondering if theres anything in particular that maybe i'm missing...

Also, i'm not sure which bandit reward to get for cruel difficulty... @.@ attack speed or skill point?

Any questions or things unclear please let me know. :)
Thanks in advance
Settle on one thing, it's not that choosing many abilities isn't fun or anything but I don't think you will have much fun when you reach end-game, excel at nothing and end up dying a lot. The tree is similarly spread extremely thin, I don't think you get how the ele dps is achieved btw from elemental damage skills like Lightning Strike and Infernal Blow, suffice to say your tree is far from optimal.

I'll link you some fun builds you can try that follow your wishes and are easy to achieve, really don't look to Scion to solve resists problem, that's the last reason you should turn to Scion for. In fact, taking resists on the passive tree is extremely unnecessary, you will find you can cap resists quite easily with minimal cost.

Try out Leap Slam, you'll find it has far more control then Flicker or Shield Charge.

poe.xyz.is is your best friend, learn how to use it! :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/82428 (IB) You are using IB wrong if you are just using it for single-target.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/606841 (CI IB)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/386952 (LS 2H)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/553899 (Trapper) You won't even need to kite, this build one shots everything.

If you want help adapting any of the builds for a Scion tree, just ask!
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Mar 1, 2014, 4:27:09 PM
Thanks for the poe.xyz.is thing, didnt know about that :) its pretty neat!

also, can u explain a bit more on some of the points u made? specifically when u said "I don't think you get how the ele dps is achieved btw from elemental damage skills like Lightning Strike and Infernal Blow"?

And yeah i know its not optimal, which is why i'm posting and asking for stuffs so i can learn. I think one of the main point for poe is to build/try otu different character or things to do, so i generally dislike following a build completely (aside from the fact that most of the guides uses items that i cant obtain, or dont even know what half of them are sometimes).

i'm open to looking/reading and trying some of these builds to a certain point to understand some of the things the builder mentioned, but ultimately if i completely follow a build it takes that part of fun out for me :(

also 1 more thing, you said "really don't look to Scion to solve resists problem, that's the last reason you should turn to Scion for." So i'm curious, what is scion "for" then?
"
aarial wrote:
Thanks for the poe.xyz.is thing, didnt know about that :) its pretty neat!

also, can u explain a bit more on some of the points u made? specifically when u said "I don't think you get how the ele dps is achieved btw from elemental damage skills like Lightning Strike and Infernal Blow"?

And yeah i know its not optimal, which is why i'm posting and asking for stuffs so i can learn. I think one of the main point for poe is to build/try otu different character or things to do, so i generally dislike following a build completely (aside from the fact that most of the guides uses items that i cant obtain, or dont even know what half of them are sometimes).

i'm open to looking/reading and trying some of these builds to a certain point to understand some of the things the builder mentioned, but ultimately if i completely follow a build it takes that part of fun out for me :(

also 1 more thing, you said "really don't look to Scion to solve resists problem, that's the last reason you should turn to Scion for." So i'm curious, what is scion "for" then?

Scion is at the middle of the tree, you use it to reach far away parts of the tree together which is extremely inconvenient to do with other classes. Also, the convenience of the life wheel right next to Scion makes for an extremely survivable base for any character.

Read the skill description for LS and IB, the physical damage is converted into elemental. Basically, physical% nodes both increase phys damage and also the ele dmg which of course scales off the phys. Basically, when you are comparing a 10% ele dmg node to 10% phys, that's 5% damage to IB scaling the converted part whereas a 10% phys dmg node is worth 10% damage to IB.

Of course you shouldn't follow a build for everything - the main point is you have to learn certain core OP combinations of skills/passives just so you can decide better for yourself what works and what doesn't.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Mar 1, 2014, 5:09:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info