Max Block Aegis Duelist

Video explaining in detail the entire build and how it works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6tEyzJ0GEY

Here is my current passive tree at 88
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwEfgUtFfAZhRoyGjga2xutG_oj9iSqJd8n7SmlMZ4yCTWSNdY26TiWOlg64TwtPeJDY0UKR35I7kp9TeNOKk99UWBT31b6WNtY9VnzWkhbr2BLZU1mnmegapNsRm5pcH1xTXJscql07XgNeu982YBWhNmE74cZh3aI8ZAKkFWaz5uDncSkGaZXp4SpbqmVrFmsqqyvtfK2QbcXtzG3PrfTvoq-p768wA_AGsT2xq7STdXt18vdDeNq52PuDu_w8kX0xvlj-tL8xf4K_o8=

Here is my updated 1.1.1 Build Tree that I would take at level 90 (can use Marauder now)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSu9gavFR35lTYTZbmlY2yXfvqfEuFPfG_rSTdX4m4Osr6QZwA-E7-eRAdx07cOGvop673gNYEsLYaluBS15aLXyQKDBBG6qNZIhYF8_VbVBdErI_o-I8XTx8wbjn_ZIns12K03jGNugtCcvjM-nMPdNpldbr_uq7w49_BQgcrsxnk4q3Q3kUbyfWGNQR7nNKaX8xWebpKzG2BiRoW1W-meg1I_yL-4Oh3YZLhrbI_ZKfSft18vv8Kyqt9NaSHKpWfM94nzZWf7AGkjuZp4brfrScH2plRoyUWA=

Required Items (thread bugged, can't show items any more)
- Bringer of Rain Helm
- Aegis Shield
- Rainbowstrides Boots
- Stone of Lazwhar amulet

- Soul Taker (with enough currency to buy it)

Currently I do not have maxed resists, I am still searching for Soul Taker, a good pair of gloves, and a better pair of rings and I'll be good to go, however as of now I have been easily soloing up to 78 maps without problem. The only thing worrying me right now is elemental weakness maps.

Eventually I'll be using Soul Taker with Frenzy / melee splash.
IGN : ColbyCheeZe
Twitch.tv/ColbyCheeZe
Last edited by ColbyCheeZe on Mar 17, 2014, 4:01:34 PM
So I went ahead and took the liberty to tweak your build a bit to make it more (in my humble opinion) efficient. I hope you take this as friendly criticism and not like I'm telling you you're wrong ;)

Here is the link to my version of the build.

Your Passive Break Down
Spoiler
Health
282% increased maximum Life
46% increased maximum Energy Shield
20 to maximum Life
1.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
Mitigation
115% increased Defences from equipped Shield
112% increased Armour
40% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
20% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
20% additional Chance to Block with Shields
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
8% to all Elemental Resistances
4% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
Damage
62% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
61% increased Melee Physical Damage
33% increased Attack Speed
12% increased Physical Damage
6% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
Other
240 to Strength
170 to Dexterity
60 to Intelligence
8% increased maximum Mana
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range

Mine
Spoiler
Health
244% increased maximum Life
46% increased maximum Energy Shield
32 to maximum Life
3.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
Mitigation
112% increased Armour
85% increased Defences from equipped Shield
64% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
30% to all Elemental Resistances
20% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
19% additional Chance to Block with Shields
15% increased Block and Stun Recovery
4% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
2% to maximum Lightning Resistance
2% to maximum Fire Resistance
2% to maximum Cold Resistance
Damage
87% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
55% increased Melee Physical Damage
41% increased Attack Speed
20% increased Accuracy Rating
12% increased Physical Damage
6% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
Other
230 to Strength
180 to Dexterity
60 to Intelligence
30% Chance to Avoid being Stunned
8% increased maximum Mana
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range

This is changed from your current build, the Ideal build would be a little different depending on how many auras you were planning to run with the mana reduction passives, etc.
Tweaking here and there could help with this too, but you dropped resist all on shield (whyyy) for some reason so I'm assuming the Ideal builds comes with some epic gear too.

The most notable changes is I've dropped your +%max hp by 38% in order to free up some skill points, this yields us getting an additional +12 base hp and 2% life regen straight away plus I'll note all the other benefits lower down. I've also changed the starting class from Scion to Duelist as I feel this fits better - if this is a brand new character and you want to level spectral throw just mule one over.

As you can see the Duelist version starts off by getting an additional 22% all resists which really helps with itemization and frees you up to start grabbing Chaos resist or whatever else stat you'd prefer.

I've also grabbed Heart of Oak which is amazing for non-Unwavering builds as the 30% chance to avoid stun is VERY noticeable and also comes with some nice additional stats. I've also gotten Elemental Adaptation as you passed right by it, don't underestimate those extra 2% of resistances, they can make a big difference in end game maps!

And last but not least I've cleaned up your offensive skill points a bit by getting you a higher increased physical damage over all (154% vs your 135%) and a higher increased attack speed (48% vs your 39%) - I've also dropped a skill point somewhere that was giving you accuracy, which you don't need since you're Resolute Technique.

I know you're looking to hit Max block with Aurora which is very possible with a little more tweaking or a couple extra points (using tempest shield for an additional 4% could help as well) but as it stands anything over 70% is great.

BTW keep up the awesome stream - love the beard ;)
IGN: @LordStormakov - PM me if I win any bids.
Last edited by LordStormakov on Feb 26, 2014, 2:42:15 PM
Hello.

I have a Marauder blender MF to do easy Dominus with very good MF and decide to do a Scion Max Block Cyclone similar to your but with Cyclone to do high lvl maps. (Duelist is fine too).

Currently lvl 76 and she is OP.

GEAR

I swicht Melee Damage on full Life for Life gain on Hit for hard situations.
I can swicht Tempest Shield for Purity of Elements or Lighting.
Vulnerability/Enfeeble depends of situation.

Passive skill tree build on lvl 85

Right now in lvl 76 and with a lot of gems no lvl 20 i do 7,5 k dps with LGoH and 10,5 k dps with MDoFL, 75/64 block, 13+k Armor, 3500+ life, 1300+ ES, perma Blind, 77,81,77,1 (Resist), ¿260? Strenght, 160 dex, 160 int, etc, etc.

The good thing is that i have a loot of open paths according my needs. If i need Attack speed go to Harrier, if i need more pDamage Splitting Strikes, i have a loot of life nodes near, i can go to Faith and Steel for more armor/Es or even Inner Force, resist nodes, etc...

The bad thing is the expensive gear that it need but... i already have it :P

Sorry for my english.
Check my humble shop. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/281727
Last edited by dblancot on Feb 27, 2014, 4:49:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info