critique my scion please

let me know any ideas you may have for improvements
it seems like the items are rather good, but i'd like to reach better dps and be able to tank more

passives
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA4cDlgSxBbUIZwzyDq0UdRmKGo8a2yLqI_YknS2DMbAyCTrtOyg-z0OcRnFKyExgUzVWLVb6WkhaUmBDYlpodGxGbWxuPW6qb55wcnJsdEF31311fyuDCZMnlKCVZpcGm12btaPnpcuomqlurH-s6q7PtAy1SLXyu-O95sGLwzrEospKy_XN6tN-0_zWithN2mLcV-cP6Nbrju4O7_Dyl_ba-WP56PsJ_ro=

items

thanks for any advice you may have to offer
Last edited by PandaBears on Feb 24, 2014, 2:43:32 AM
everything above the Harrier node seems like a waste (sort of), so that's 4 points right there.

are you needing mana that badly? the 4-5 nodes to the left of the scion start point are probably unnecessary too.

i dont see much spec into extra evasion, armor or life. that's what you need to tank. based on re-spec'ing the above, you should be able to add some of that.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
everything above the Harrier node seems like a waste (sort of), so that's 4 points right there.

are you needing mana that badly? the 4-5 nodes to the left of the scion start point are probably unnecessary too.

i dont see much spec into extra evasion, armor or life. that's what you need to tank. based on re-spec'ing the above, you should be able to add some of that.

thanks for the advice
i had had more of the life/mana and mana regen nodes activated, since i use cloak of defiance for tanking
do you think the lower left nodes are unneccesary? i thought 15 ias would be a significant bonus, but i suppose it may not be worth so many passives.

do you have suggestions as to how to improve the items?
For physical ST, your links are horrendous.

ST - LMP - PhysProj - AddedFire - Faster Attacks is more like it for a 5L, make sure you get one, they're cheap. Added Cold has no place in there.

Berserking is incredibly good, do not respec it. The rest of your tree is all over the place, what are the Aura nodes doing there if you aren't using Auras?

I recommend you look at Mathil's Elemental Buzzsaw for an alternative, high elemental damage 1h sword ST aura build. Phys 1h ST only really works with crit, you will need to change a lot for that as well.

Your items are strange, a high phys slow 1h and a fast more elemental weapon, what are you trying to do there? Cloak of Defiance is horrendous without EB.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/690708 <- Go here.

Alternatively, the more tankier EB/MoM version of ST -> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/549507

tl;dr, you aren't getting the most out of your build by choosing to ST like that.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Feb 24, 2014, 2:30:38 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
For physical ST, your links are horrendous.

ST - LMP - PhysProj - AddedFire - Faster Attacks is more like it for a 5L, make sure you get one, they're cheap. Added Cold has no place in there.

Berserking is incredibly good, do not respec it. The rest of your tree is all over the place, what are the Aura nodes doing there if you aren't using Auras?

I recommend you look at Mathil's Elemental Buzzsaw for an alternative, high elemental damage 1h sword ST aura build. Phys 1h ST only really works with crit, you will need to change a lot for that as well.

Your items are strange, a high phys slow 1h and a fast more elemental weapon, what are you trying to do there? Cloak of Defiance is horrendous without EB.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/690708 <- Go here.

Alternatively, the more tankier EB/MoM version of ST -> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/549507

tl;dr, you aren't getting the most out of your build by choosing to ST like that.

explain to me why....
i have berserk for ias
i went to blade barrier for better block and wep dmg while dual wielding (which i use)
ondar's guile is gg
the frenzy charges are gg
mana/aura passives are gg since i use clarity with my armor for extra tankability
and i went up to blinding speed / haste for even better ias

i intend on respecing the life/mana and int passives to go from haste up to mental acuity and then going for acrobatics and/or phase acrobatics

in terms of weps... i kinda just got some good dps weps that were affordable, though i intend to upgrade them when i can
i got this new armor which i think will make a good improvement to my life/res:

tho i need to link it and color it to match the orbs id like to use of course

those builds you linked to were good but i prefer phys over ele for dps since merciless monsters have super high res

do u think those adjustments i mentioned will be good, and do u have other suggestions?
i appreciate your advice

rawr
Dual wield ST is just a waste, get a shield and instantly you have more block. Right now, you can see a DPS increase with 2 weapons but that is because you are low-ish level and every weapon is practically the same. Dual wielding only really works when both weapons are of a similar standard. This just isn't gunna happen in end game when you want one really good weapon and trying to get two of them is just a pain and not worth speccing for.

Frenzy charges are good but mixing in Frenzy with ST is just inefficient, it makes your spectral throw faster and deals more damage yes - but you are losing damage at the same time being forced to step into melee to constantly update your charges - much better to not spend those points trying to grab them and instead min max your ST.

If you want an idea for a phys 1h build, here's one -

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABLEFLQW1BukJIRLhFSAWvxm0GtsbrSEDI_YnYSpNLOkwfDGeMgk1kjiWOuE94j8nQKBHfkjuSn1KyExgTeNRR1PfVvpY21pIYEthIWHiZU1l8WegapNsFmxGbmluqnJsdEF07XfXeK55SHrvfXV_K4Lkg9uE2YTvh3aH24jxiq-NfY2_kBGVZpuDnrmmV6Z_qW6qf6q4rFmsr7GztUi18rcXt9O7fLvjvqe-vMAPw4bEosrTznHSTdN-1CPV7daK18vaPd0N3vbnY-d055Ho1usU7UHuDu_w8kX8S_zF_gr-j_66

This works nicely for phys 1h ST but as I said again - it isn't the most efficient way to play spectral throw. (Check out the 2H phys builds if that is your style) You don't need mana regen or MoM for tankability, all you need is a shield/nice evasion/Acrobatics and you have it GG. Just blood magic your spectral throw, don't bother with mana - it just doesn't work in no regen situations.

Crit isn't worth picking up with your build, you don't have high base crit with those kind of weapons to make it worth it. You need dagger/claw for crit.

You'll find that ele res in late game really doesn't make a difference as elemental spectral throw can scale up far higher than physical spectral throw so it really makes up for the difference.

Your armour is nice but if you are going to pick up Acrobatics remember that base armour will be scaled by 50%. Better going EVA.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Feb 26, 2014, 2:20:43 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Dual wield ST is just a waste, get a shield and instantly you have more block. Right now, you can see a DPS increase with 2 weapons but that is because you are low-ish level and every weapon is practically the same. Dual wielding only really works when both weapons are of a similar standard. This just isn't gunna happen in end game when you want one really good weapon and trying to get two of them is just a pain and not worth speccing for.

Frenzy charges are good but mixing in Frenzy with ST is just inefficient, it makes your spectral throw faster and deals more damage yes - but you are losing damage at the same time being forced to step into melee to constantly update your charges - much better to not spend those points trying to grab them and instead min max your ST.

If you want an idea for a phys 1h build, here's one -

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABLEFLQW1BukJIRLhFSAWvxm0GtsbrSEDI_YnYSpNLOkwfDGeMgk1kjiWOuE94j8nQKBHfkjuSn1KyExgTeNRR1PfVvpY21pIYEthIWHiZU1l8WegapNsFmxGbmluqnJsdEF07XfXeK55SHrvfXV_K4Lkg9uE2YTvh3aH24jxiq-NfY2_kBGVZpuDnrmmV6Z_qW6qf6q4rFmsr7GztUi18rcXt9O7fLvjvqe-vMAPw4bEosrTznHSTdN-1CPV7daK18vaPd0N3vbnY-d055Ho1usU7UHuDu_w8kX8S_zF_gr-j_66

This works nicely for phys 1h ST but as I said again - it isn't the most efficient way to play spectral throw. (Check out the 2H phys builds if that is your style) You don't need mana regen or MoM for tankability, all you need is a shield/nice evasion/Acrobatics and you have it GG. Just blood magic your spectral throw, don't bother with mana - it just doesn't work in no regen situations.

Crit isn't worth picking up with your build, you don't have high base crit with those kind of weapons to make it worth it. You need dagger/claw for crit.

You'll find that ele res in late game really doesn't make a difference as elemental spectral throw can scale up far higher than physical spectral throw so it really makes up for the difference.

Your armour is nice but if you are going to pick up Acrobatics remember that base armour will be scaled by 50%. Better going EVA.

thanks for the suggestions! ill certainly take those into consideration

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info