Shadow Dual Claw+EB+Spectral CoC EK (NEED HELP: test this)

I'm fairly new and having read about some classes and played through a little bit of each character, I'm trying to decide on a main build.
I mocked up this Shadow build and I was looking for pointers, tweaks, pitfalls, or just any critiques of this build.
Any help would be appreciated.
Also, any late-level gem or gearing advice would be helpful.
Is this even a viable build?

EDIT:WOW! I forgot the build link -_-
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4F-Q5ID6sPxBGWFfAV_Ra_F9gZ1RzcHhoelCLqJDwkaiT9JpUoKioLLggwVDIBMww2QjZ7Olg7fD1lPs9HBkk7SVFMLU7nUUdTuFVLWm1apl3yXvpfamHiYetirGceaj9qfm17cFJw1Xi6elN_f3_Ggh6FVYcZh9uIQonTjDaNfY_6koCTJ5lXmnibJp2jnaqfe6IuoqOjiqZ_p1yoGqp_qrisP60esbOyGbSjtUi4N7jKvebAUcHFw23PetA51QDWB9ad2wvb59xX3MfdSOdU53To1uwY7UHtdu-g8XbyHfPq-WP8q_4r_5P_3g==
Last edited by HeroicHedghog on Feb 23, 2014, 4:01:14 PM
Well I have 2 comments to make.

1. This build would be much more efficient with daggers. In fact, CoC is currently the only thing daggers CAN do with any degree of effectiveness, and I'd hate to see EVEN THAT get deferred to claws for the life on hit gains.
2. You CAN use claws if you choose to get the 30 life on hit for each monster hit by spectral throw instead of the massive crit bonus provided by a kris-type dagger. However, you will have to make sure you only use a claw that gives a life on hit bonus, and not a life leech bonus, because you won't leech anything with claws in this build.

Aside from that it will probably work fine, you'll just have a lot harder time getting crits consistently when you want them and would probably be better off just adding a life on hit gem to your 4L, 5L or 6L skill using 2 kris daggers.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 23, 2014, 4:43:03 PM
Well Claws can get up to 9% Crit, and a 1% difference from what daggers get ain't gonna make too much a difference, maybe 5% total crit chance loss.

However, the build idea is meh regardless, no offense. Claws are small, you want a big weapon for spectral throw to cover more area, thus dealing more damage/proccing more. Dual wielding ST is not smart. Your whole point is to crit, why would you need 2 weapons for that? Your a ranged character so leech isn't gonna be that important/strong as the other guy said, so you might as well use daggers.

Tbh, you'd be better off with crit Cyclone. You'd get the most out of the claws leech, and perhaps can handle mana cost if you go BM.
-[2.0] Tokyo's CoC Hybrid Damage Frostblader ---> view-thread/1401907
-[2.0] The Samurai (2H Crit Katana Wild Striker) ---> view-thread/1368690
-[2.0] Dyadus Elemental Wild Strike - Cheap and Beginner friendly! ---> view-thread/1394595
No offense taken. I asked for citiques because I honestly am not sure what I'm doing yet and I don;t want to get 22 levels into another skill tree to find my build is actually a mess and I have to completely reroll, which is significant time invested considering my max level is 22. Thanks for both suggestions and I will be able to make a better build with that information.
It's not always about the most ideal, cookie cutter build. If you enjoy spectral throw with dual claws, play spectral throw with dual claws.

I love my bow shadow and dual rapier ST scion. Not min-maxing your spreadsheets is not going to break your character or create an unplayable build.

We're getting a free skill reset in about a week anyway, so go crazy.

Edit: Having said that, I would spend the critical multiplier nodes on more steady damage and/or defensive nodes. High multiplier is a good way to 1-shot yourself on reflect.
Last edited by feyith on Feb 23, 2014, 7:36:58 PM
You would use daggers for the 80% global crit implicit, and because there is 160% additional dagger crit on tree which is not available to claws. That is additional 300% if dual wielding, or 20-30% additional crit chance.

I specced a test case with dual claws of ~7.5% base crit, and with 4 power charges I had about 50% crit chance total. If I was using 9% base crit daggers (or claws), we'd be looking at 60% crit chance. Then add the 300% above mentioned, and see 87% final crit chance.

Do you see the difference between 50 and 87? I sure do.

Oh, incidentally, I might go for claws anyway...we'll see how that works out.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Fangs wrote:
Well Claws can get up to 9% Crit, and a 1% difference from what daggers get ain't gonna make too much a difference, maybe 5% total crit chance loss.

However, the build idea is meh regardless, no offense. Claws are small, you want a big weapon for spectral throw to cover more area, thus dealing more damage/proccing more. Dual wielding ST is not smart. Your whole point is to crit, why would you need 2 weapons for that? Your a ranged character so leech isn't gonna be that important/strong as the other guy said, so you might as well use daggers.

Tbh, you'd be better off with crit Cyclone. You'd get the most out of the claws leech, and perhaps can handle mana cost if you go BM.

You use the daggers for the global crit implicit mod, not for the base crit chance. Kris-type daggers being the ones with an 80% mod on them, that's 160% global crit chance just by having them, not including the 7.1 base crit on the base dagger stats itself, and not including any mods that roll on the item when it becomes rare or magic.

Daggers have always been the crit build weapon of choice, claws are the leech build weapon of choice. You just have to make sure you're using the right claws because life on hit is not the same as life leech.

If you want A LOT of leech or A LOT of crit, that's why you dual wield them instead of using a shield, as the implicit mods DO stack for these weapons, as long as (like I said) you're using the right weapon type for the right thing.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 23, 2014, 11:28:40 PM
I see the issues with this build now. I built it as if life per hit and life leech were the same thing. However, with a few tweaks it might still work with claws, just not quite like I intended. Instead, I have come up with a very different Shadow Build and I think I'm going to put off my Spectral Throw build for my Scion.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

I'm also looking for critiques on theorycraft number 2. It's a CI Blood Rage/ Flicker Strike/ Whirlwind Blades or Reave Build. I haven't seen any builds like this and was wondering if that's because it doesn't work or it's just rarely used? A BIG question I have about it is whether I should take acrobatics off of it or leave it.

EDIT: You can find it a few threads down in the Shadow Forum or just go here
Last edited by HeroicHedghog on Feb 24, 2014, 12:25:04 AM
"
HeroicHedghog wrote:
I see the issues with this build now. I built it as if life per hit and life leech were the same thing. However, with a few tweaks it might still work with claws, just not quite like I intended. Instead, I have come up with a very different Shadow Build and I think I'm going to put off my Spectral Throw build for my Scion.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

I'm also looking for critiques on theorycraft number 2. It's a CI Blood Rage/ Flicker Strike/ Whirlwind Blades or Reave Build. I haven't seen any builds like this and was wondering if that's because it doesn't work or it's just rarely used? A BIG question I have about it is whether I should take acrobatics off of it or leave it.

EDIT: You can find it a few threads down in the Shadow Forum or just go here

EDIT: on your other thread
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 24, 2014, 3:06:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info