Melee classes normal hits need to be registered

I dunno how it is possible to hit with a normal attack a player who is moving all the time, unless ur fighting another melee player you can never hit a moving player even if you stand close he can just moves slightly and you miss, guys i know diablo 3 sucks but please look at some pvp videos there, when a melee class uses normal attack to a player standing near even if the player moves the hit is registered since you pressed the hit button next to him as it should be in this game, but sadly is not.
Last edited by Armageddonn on Jan 28, 2013, 8:05:38 AM
Increase your attack speed and your blow will connect before they have the opportunity to move.
Also keep in mind you might not be hitting due to the player dodging as well. Hitting is not a 100% thing.
"
Flickerflare wrote:
Increase your attack speed and your blow will connect before they have the opportunity to move.
Also keep in mind you might not be hitting due to the player dodging as well. Hitting is not a 100% thing.

I am playing marauder and i took the passive so my hits never miss, i stand by my post.
Its a question of atack speed. With my marauder I can hardly hit with single target atack, so I have chosen to use cleave, so that if enemy moves a bit, still he gets hit. With Fast atacking dualist, I can hit ppl with single target atack cause speed is good enough.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
if you hit player you always hit player
if you hit air you always hit air
but there no such thing that you swing your weapon in air and nearby player take damage
blow must be connected to enemy

work on your attack speed it not so hard and remember that archer have much more trouble with landing arrow on you
Last edited by kiersz on Jan 29, 2013, 12:49:14 PM
"
kiersz wrote:
and remember that archer have much more trouble with landing arrow on you

o.O what now?
IGN: Seze
"
Ramanuga wrote:
Its a question of atack speed. With my marauder I can hardly hit with single target atack, so I have chosen to use cleave, so that if enemy moves a bit, still he gets hit. With Fast atacking dualist, I can hit ppl with single target atack cause speed is good enough.

Right, which makes 2-handed weapons unusable in PvP. This should not be the case. I agree with OP, this needs to be adjusted.

One option would be to make the animation for attacking with a 2her MUCH faster...then adding a delay after the swing based on attack speed. This way, the attack would be able to land quickly while in melee range, but attack speed overall would not be affected.

As it stands, unless the target is frozen or SIGNIFICANTLY slowed (I've had skeletons in PvE sauntering away at a leisurely pace from me while I wave bye to them with a 2h maul) it is impossible to land an attack with a 2her. I strongly suggest considering adjustment to 2hers or risk rarely, if ever, seeing 2h weapon attack-based players/specs in PvP (and limiting viable specs in PvP is hopefully not desirable to you guys).

"
_Seze_ wrote:
"
kiersz wrote:
and remember that archer have much more trouble with landing arrow on you

o.O what now?

He hasn't experienced what we're talking about. Probably a ranger with bad aim.
-dougans-
Last edited by dougan on Jan 30, 2013, 9:44:22 AM
Just get more Attackspeed, or immobilize your opponent by using skills like Bear Trap / Temporal Chains. 2H weapons hit stronger, but they are slower. I think that is good this way. I mean its kind of logic. When you have a big weapon you hit really hard, but its way more difficult to land a hit. I like this and it is good this way in my oppinion.
Frenzy + Flickerstrike = Problem solved.

Ground Slam is completely fucked up for this purpose unless you have very high attack speed.

EDIT: I meant Leap Slam... not ground slam... sorry. I dont know if Ground Slam works.
From my experience I dont agree that slow massive 2 hander should be able to hit an easy as fast one hander. First of all, it does way more damage (except dual strike), and if you could hit easily with 2 hander that would be OP. Now, how to come around it? I found a way with my slow atacking melee: use cleave/sweep. With these skills you make less damage, but almot always hit. And on top of that, if enemie is traped/slowed enough, you can even land some serious single target hits, that make crsuhing damage ignoring his armor.
I think its ok to choose between speed and damage..
I would rather consider dual strike a bit OP.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info