Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Should i commit to this build? (Axe, full offensive)

>>Click<<

Will i have a hard time with this build? :/
Last edited by causese1990 on Jan 28, 2013, 8:00:08 AM
I don't think it will work on cruel difficulty. You need to balance offence and defence, so going purely one direction will get you into trouble.

It is no good being able to do massive amounts of damage if you get killed in a few hits.
From what i learned so far, you need to build survivability from your passive tree, and damage from your gear...

Can't i get defensive stuff from items/flasks?:P

will i be one shot on high difficulties?
You get get some resistance from flasks, but it is usually limited to a few seconds.

The skill tree is all about balance! Go have a look at Mouze's build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/78420

Mouze was one of the fastest levelers when the game went live. If you look at he skill tree and compare it to yours, you will see he has tons of defensive nodes, and only a minimal amount of offensive nodes.

It might be interesting to see how far you get with your character though :-)
"
Minsc_N_Boo wrote:

Slightly misleading, because the guy is going to die so many times even before hitting Cruel that he's going to be pissed off.

Definitely listen to the advice above and check into some tanky builds. Damage comes by on its own; there is no need to overly focus on it.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Melee glass cannon seems like a pretty bad idea.

If you don't have 150% life at the very least you are going to die a lot. Probably want more like 200-250%+
ign: DaEDaenarys
Last edited by BldSwtTrs on Jan 29, 2013, 5:43:40 AM
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
Minsc_N_Boo wrote:

Slightly misleading, because the guy is going to die so many times even before hitting Cruel that he's going to be pissed off.

Definitely listen to the advice above and check into some tanky builds. Damage comes by on its own; there is no need to overly focus on it.

challenge accepted
Interesting to see how it goes for you if you really are going to try that build. I predict you'll face a wall quite soon, maybe even on Normal. I'm using a Marauder build almost opposite of yours; I'm now level 44 and I only have one (1!) offensive node, Berserking. Unless you count Resolute Technique etc. as "offensive". And I don't think my kill speed is all that bad, DPS with Heavy Strike is something like 700-800 and with Cleave around 350.
i've arrived act 1 cruel.

Planned to leech XP now and buy some gear from shop since fetid pool mobs 3 shot me. ;))
need to experiment with gems etc :D

Seems this is going to be my final build: Click

I've put a point in Iron grip for enemies with annoying spells where i don't want to go melee range.
Should be worth it. lol

so it's gonna be a hybrid marauder axe/bow thingy O.o

600 Str,yes! this seems perfect!!!! i can feel it in my guts!! /mad scientist
Last edited by causese1990 on Feb 3, 2013, 5:56:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info