How about a skeleton archer gem?!

Hey guys,

i love playing my summoner witch but i got 23 pets. 50% cant do anything.
So how about a skeleton archer gem?! any ideas about it?

Mirabai
100% SSF! <3
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Ranged minions would be pretty neat, I myself would rather have skeleton magi which gives them random elemental alignments when summoned like Diablo 2.

This should be added for both skeleton archers and magi. Add a little more variety in the summoner build besides being purely melee.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Or maybe just alter the gem so there is a 50% chance to summon an archer?

Or maybe 45% Fighter, 45%Archer, 10%Magi

Would be cool and would make the skeletal army a lot more varied :)
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Ranged minions would be pretty neat, I myself would rather have skeleton magi which gives them random elemental alignments when summoned like Diablo 2.

This should be added for both skeleton archers and magi. Add a little more variety in the summoner build besides being purely melee.

Yeah that would be pretty nice.
100% SSF! <3
I love this idea.

Please, add Archer and Magi skeletons as minions!

That was the best of diablo 2 (magi), and it would add variety and a lot of fun to the game!

Thanks!
"
Parun wrote:

This would make adding support gems extremely difficult.

As for the idea itself, as has been mentioned before, ranged minions are almost universally superior to melee minions (for mechanical reasons). If they did something like this, it would have to be significantly weaker than the normal skeletons.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
How about a keystone skill?

"
Minions have random weapons and skills

50% chance to be melee or ranged weapons for any summons that hold weapons (skeletons or spectres with attached weapons) and random skills of the same casting type keywords (ie a beast that only uses warcries would use random warcries, but a flame sentinel could shoot fork/lmp lightning spear

thats not a strictly better by any stretch, and makes planning builds more chaotic (you wouldn't want to link melee splash skellingtons for example)
Last edited by clan_iraq on Apr 18, 2015, 5:22:03 PM
"
tsftd wrote:
"
Parun wrote:

This would make adding support gems extremely difficult.

As for the idea itself, as has been mentioned before, ranged minions are almost universally superior to melee minions (for mechanical reasons). If they did something like this, it would have to be significantly weaker than the normal skeletons.

Or just replace the normal skeletons completely, you could still cast the ranged ones ontop of mobs if u wanted meatshields
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
The necromancy is strong in this thread.

No seriously, I was about to agree to my own post back in 2013 that suggested we get magi instead, that was until I stopped to look and realized that person was me from a thread I thought got eaten by the old thread monster.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Apr 18, 2015, 10:11:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info