Sustain mana costs

Hello everybody, I was wondering how was the best way to sustain mana as a 2 handed weapon templar ( I'd like to build a Glacial Hammer Templar with staff ).

I feel like a regular Templar can't sustain glacial hammer and supports for a long time.

I found some possibilities :

Clarity. I feel like it won't be enough to sustain GH.

I could take blood magic node + mortal conviction. I will never have sustain problems as long as I can leech, but I can't even use an aura because it will lower my HP. I need a few skill points to get it, but this shouldn't be a problem because I can adapt my build.

I could use EB. With a hybrid build ES+Armor, I could quite easily sustain + have an aura. BUT this costs me 7 skill points, which is huge for this bonus and I must use a hybrid stuff, losing some defensive stats as the energy shield is converted to life.

I have thought using the support gem blood magic. I can easily have 1, maybe 2 auras as I won't need too much mana because my main abilities will use my health. Sadly, I need to use 1 slot for that and I'll lose some damage or some utility.

Each possibility has it's pros and cons and I would like to know how you handle your mana when you use mana hungry skills.

Thanks for taking a little of your time to discuss with me. Good evening

PS : Here's a link of how I think my build will be like ;)
IG : NIGOOR
Last edited by Kiuku on Feb 17, 2014, 4:21:35 PM
well lot of people use Blood magic even with builds that doesnt need it at all, I think its because streamers/guide makers use it. But IMO they use it because they all have high mana costs with their 6Ls

Spoiler
actually I have 7 characters above lvl 70 and none of them uses Blood magic - so Im kind of BMs anti-fan :)

with physical 2H weapon and 4L/5L usually 2% mana leech from gear is enough, especially when you dont focus on attack speed (besides multistike which lowers your average mana cost). Mana is leeched over time and rate is capped at 12,5% of your max mana per second

e: would be better if we knew something about what supports you want to use and how many of them

e2: looked at your tree. Havent seen many crit/glacial hammer builds. Add Iron Grip and Static Blows and you have good Lightning strike build. With glacial hammer+WED+ele proli+splash as support cc skill
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 17, 2014, 4:59:53 PM
Lucky for you I'm doing the same build, but I use blood magic gems and only use mana for leap slam and enduring cry.

My build

My gear
Spoiler

Note that I use my mana for 2 auras at the moment, hatred and determination, once I get enough reduced mana for auras, I will add in Grace.
Last edited by JoesGetNDown on Feb 17, 2014, 5:26:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info