DIfficulty

Hello

I don't get something... how the choosing of difficulty looks like? There are some servers which are "easy" - mobs are weaker etc, and for example "hard servers" where it's difficult to survive?

(^_^) betabetabetabeta
There are four difficulties. Hard -> Cruel -> Ruthless -> Merciless. When you create a new character you automatically start on Hard. Once you beat Hard you go on to Cruel and so on down the line. If you've ever played games like Diablo 2 or Titan Quest, it's the same idea. The names of the difficulties will probably change I think.

I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
You have different difficulties, just like Diablo, Titan Quest and other ARPGs. So if you defeat the last level of the first difficulty, you can go to the second difficulty etc.

Also, you have Leagues with their own set of rules. There is for example a Hardcore league (die and your character cannot be used anymore) and paid leagues where you can set your own rules and add players you want.
Cool! I was wondering that as well..

If its like diablo where you need to beat a difficulty to move to the next, amen!

If its something else that would be as fun, amen!
"You Cant Tame The Beast"

And what's the point of difficulties in an online game? :D

If I create a new character and it's on "hard" difficulty, what goals do I have to achieve to go for a higher level?

And if I complete "hard" level, my character disapears? And I have to create a new one to play on higher level?

And the last question: what combination of leagues and difficulty should I choose just to play with one character all the time, gain the experience, and maybe sometimes fight with other users (not necessary however)

I'm sorry guys to ask so many questions but I'd be happy if you can help me.
(^_^) betabetabetabeta
"
darklord wrote:
And what's the point of difficulties in an online game? :D

If I create a new character and it's on "hard" difficulty, what goals do I have to achieve to go for a higher level?

And if I complete "hard" level, my character disapears? And I have to create a new one to play on higher level?

And the last question: what combination of leagues and difficulty should I choose just to play with one character all the time, gain the experience, and maybe sometimes fight with other users (not necessary however)

I'm sorry guys to ask so many questions but I'd be happy if you can help me.

When you complete Hard (for example), your character get "transfered" to the other difficulty.
You don't create an other character
All characters start at level 1 on the easiest difficulty. When you kill the last boss on that difficulty you unlock the second difficulty with THAT character. You can continue with that character on the easiest difficulty (maybe kill the last boss a couple of times to get some good loot) or continue to the next difficulty. You can always go back to the difficulties you already completed.

In the next difficulty the monsters will be harder and the loot will be better, and you will be able to level you character to higher levels (you can get level 100 in the last difficulty).

If you start a new character it will be level 1 again and you have to start at the easiest difficulty.

You can read up on Leagues here.

If you haven't played a game like this I would suggest you try out Diablo 2, it's cheap and lots of fun :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info