Chaos Inoculation

Hi,

Why should someone pick the CI node?
once there was a bonus to ES, but now it's gone, making this node completely unusable, unless I'm missing something here.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It still makes you immune to chaos damage and also allows you to put more passive points into intelligence and energy shield instead of having to put passives into life.
Right now going full tanky with life and getting some chaos resist nodes is just all out better

Devs went overboard nerfing CI
Yeah. Just saw the Krip video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyCTK5sYT3E

Is this game going to be Path of Nerf?
Problem is that people use 'pro gamers' builds. Then devs nerf that skills and we will end up with an unplayable game?

Edit: I'm new to the game. This skill still seems viable or maybe even op to me.
Last edited by Zarion on Jan 30, 2013, 10:04:37 AM
Does Eye of Chayula kill you instantly if you are CI?
The -20% HP segment to be exact.

CI is still really strong in my opinion. I'm in Act 3 Cruel as a CI Ice Witch and the only thing that gives me problems is the fact I get stunned off of actually every single attack. If Eye of Chayula doesn't kill me, it will be the perfect one stop solution to all my woes. Additionally, without Chaos Inoculation, things that would have killed me with Chaos Inoculation would still kill me without it and Chaos damage would kill me rather instantly even if I grabbed all the resist points. Also CI gives you free Frenzy charges with Blood Rage.

CI is really powerful but I wish they added a bit of Energy Shield back. Or put ES nodes locked by CI specifically for CI players. Or increased stun resistance based on Energy Shield if you have CI. Of course, these would pretty much instantly put CI back into the outrageously overpowered state again. Probably. I'll just enjoy my free Frenzy charges.
"
GakuJiu wrote:
Does Eye of Chayula kill you instantly if you are CI?
The -20% HP segment to be exact.

Also interested in an answer for this question; Has anyone actually tried this?
It doesn't. CI's Life adjustment is final when it comes to adding and substracting.
Reservation is a different case, so you might not want to try those with your Hardcore character. Unless you wanted to reroll anyways, I guess :P
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 1, 2013, 5:04:54 AM
As an old CI witch player, I've been trying to prove myself that a pure ES caster with CI is still a viable option.

Well...

It's not.

You won't have enough buffer to reliably survive physical damage in endgame.
You still have all the drawbacks of a CI/ES tank - no phys mitigation, easy to stun, very long status ailments, no healing flasks and now your ES buffer is actually smaller than what a similarly geared HP tank would have.

Though, CI does protect you from the other source of one-hit kills - chaos damage vs a low-hp caster. I'm not even sure which is worse, CI or no CI. Either way, pure ES is not a viable option at the moment.
CI/EK shadower. seems fine in maps below 70 (haven't tried higher), stuns are an issue though. Vaal Pact + ghost reaver makes it so i can tank any non reflect mob in merciless (provided not stun locked). Main danger is puncture, need to make sure to avoid not getting punctured without granite on. Take one of the noob hp pots or something that you can use like 4+ times, and get dispel freeze for status alignments.
"
SunDude wrote:
CI/EK shadower. seems fine in maps below 70 (haven't tried higher), stuns are an issue though. Vaal Pact + ghost reaver makes it so i can tank any non reflect mob in merciless (provided not stun locked). Main danger is puncture, need to make sure to avoid not getting punctured without granite on. Take one of the noob hp pots or something that you can use like 4+ times, and get dispel freeze for status alignments.

Pretty much the same for CI witch. Maps are doable. It's easy to get stunlocked. Puncture is fatal. Granite + iron skin and quicksilver + heat flasks are your lifeline.

But without a build that can leech ES, death is sometimes unavoidable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info