Does Iron Will work on Searing Bond?

Searing Bond is not increased by spell damage nodes, but Iron Will increases spell damage, I'm assuming Searing Bond is not a spell, but a totem, but I'm just not positive about it.
Last edited by Lord_Valvatorez on Feb 14, 2014, 5:00:57 PM
DoTs do not deal spell dmg
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I figured, I just knew it gained damage from fire damage nodes.
damage increases that will affect SB:

totem
fire
burning
elemetal
DoT
general damage mods (like the one on ie. Redbeak)
i believe totem and ele damage doesn't affect sb damage
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
i believe totem and ele damage doesn't affect sb damage

Totem and ele damage work, as do everything else Ludvator said. Been running up a SB witch for the last two days, and I can assure you of that. However, the oddball one for me was the Elemental Dominion notable. It says elemental damage, but it also says spells, so I figured there was a 50/50 chance of it working. That ended up being a Regret Orb spent on education, since I couldn't find a direct answer to it anywhere. Obviously, it doesn't work. ;)
Last edited by Gallowmere1984 on Feb 15, 2014, 4:13:20 AM
thanks
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Are we 100% sure spell damage doesn't work with Searing Bond, it states on the gem it is counted as a spell and should benefit from spell damage. if it really truly doesn't GGG needs to change the tool tip on the gem.
Yes, we are 100% certain. Both Damage over Time and Spell Damage are base Damage types, which are mutually exclusive (the other two bases are Attack and secondary).
I guess it should technically have the Cast tag instead of the Spell tag.
not all skills that have spell tag deal spell damage.

GGG started to tag those skills "cast" isntead "spell" to prevent confusion but did it only with around half of such skills, which IMO has exactly the opposite effect..

Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 31, 2014, 8:21:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info