1st Build Help!! ~ Critical Ranger TKS :)

Hi Guys can give me some advise for my ranger build? I'm a first timer.

P.S - I and currently level 32 and this is the build I hope to end up with.

Thank you very much in advance!

Critical Ranger
One tip for you... MORE life.. usually my builds start with first 50points aiming for life and then damage.
Tks! bumps!
few assorted tips:

get life and evasion

Ondars guile passive with decent evasion makes you (almost) immune against projectile attacks, which is key to survavibility as a ranged character. It also makes you evade most reflect damage (which is important when playing crit character)

if you are going pure Evasion, get Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics passives

going for "Charisma" cluster above Ballistic mastery will allow you run 2 big auras (usually grace + hatred/wrath)

drop "Mana on kill" passives
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Hi!

Tks for your advice :)

I'm going to drop mana on kill nodes

However, by "Charisma" cluster you mean the nodes with reduced mana reserve and mana geyser etc?

And im am thinking of added critical mass and instability and run both frenzy and power charge aura with Power charge on critical gem.

What do you think?

Once again tks!
Bumps
bumps
mana on kill is good only at beginning when your other sources of mana dont work yet

"
run both frenzy and power charge aura with Power charge on critical gem

does not compute.. what auras you are talking about?

by "Charisma" cluster I mean reduced mana reserved nodes, Mana Gayser not necessary

I would suggest going physical damage as main damage, because of many elemental resistant monsters in game

what main skill are you planning to use? skills with (G)LMP+Chain are very popular and effective choice but their downside is big mana cost. You can consider running split arrow + pierce gem (+ 35% pierce passive) which is strong enough and much cheaper (2% mana leech from Mind drinker passive should be enough)

one of my character actually is split/crit/pierce ranger. I reall like playing it, its easy and effective. I use split arrow against groups and frenzy against single target. Grace aura + either Wrath for more dps (shocks) or Hatred for more defence (freeze+chill)

Here is my passive tree at lvl 76 if you are interested:

Hi! Tks again for ur advice.

I mean running both frenzy and power charges.

(The green and blue orbs around your character. I would be using Power Charge on Critical support gem and frenzy gem to run both charge.)

I am planning to use split shot with pierce and (G)LMP and Rain of arrows with some critical gems like increased critical damage and chance.

Poison with (G) LMP Seems to consume too much mana.

Aura, I am deciding over hated or wrath. My passive can reach 30% node for lightning but not 30% node for ice.

:) Tks! tks!
Hi,

sure there are many way how to make this build, running charges is not a bad idea at all.

There is usually no point in running two different aoe skills. Id suggest staying with split arrow.

I dont think LMP is good support for split arrow. 5 arrows from base skill (from gem lvl 10) is enough (you will get another arrow from gem lvl 17). Two additional arrows from LMP are not worth the 30% less projectile damage

poison clouds from poison arrow do not stack

e: +30% cold node is not worth it if you are using Hatred (it will not give you flat +30% cold damage, because it interacts with physical damage increases). "Influence" cluster (aura effect) is much better

Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 18, 2014, 4:48:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info