Favorite boss in any video game?

Any video game, any boss.

For me, it's Artorias from Dark Souls (Sorry but he's my favorite character in general, across all works of literature whether game related or not). His lore, backstory, and how he, as a boss and a person is presented was insanely beautiful, artistic, yet dark and almost depressing. The fight with him is also insanely good. He chains up tons of devastating combos, and is the most intense boss fight in the game, both on a difficulty and emotional level. His screeches and cries were heart wrenching yet instilled fear, and his last scream upon death were even more dark.

What about you guys? What boss in any video game did you like most? Either in terms of character or as a fight. Or both.

Sorry if I'm going overboard with the Dark Souls thing, I can't express my love for the game enough.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Last edited by Fire_Kid on Feb 12, 2014, 10:03:08 PM
I think it's important to divide this concept into two categories: which is your favorite boss in terms of character, and which is your favorite in terms of the fight itself.

Dominus is a serious contender for best boss fight in my book; he is not a serious contender for best boss as a character.

edit: I'm going Dominus just because I love the fight mechanically. Seriously love.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 12, 2014, 10:14:25 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I think it's important to divide this concept into two categories: which is your favorite boss in terms of character, and which is your favorite in terms of the fight itself.

Dominus is a serious contender for best boss fight in my book; he is not a serious contender for best boss as a character.

Yeah, you're right. I'll add that to the OP.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Jon Irenicus, by far. It's not so much about the fight, it's about the man.

"Follow, and receive the gift you are owed by the blood in your veins." ;)
no one ever beats fighting "the fury" from metal gear solid 3

basically a cool version of the pyro from tf2, only fighting him makes you shit your pants cause hes almost an insta kill if you play on "European extreme" difficulty.

Spoiler
Illidan as a character. Probably Illidari Council for fight mechanics. Or Titan in FFXIV.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
Inge Wagner from NOLF. That fight is so random.
Dark Demon - Demon's Crest
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Dark Ifrit - Final fantasy X,
As i was walking peacefully down the desert of Bikanel or whatever was its name i encounter DARK IFRIT, Ifrit was a summon i had so it looks familiar i walk a little closer and a fight starts.
Happy with my 4000HP i am still jovial. And then Bam! 99.999 dmg? Are you fuc*..ing kid..ding me? (+ I could not escape)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7lNfG3L89s
Selling logs: /view-thread/782113(very high speed)
Rhys epic times : view-thread/780247
Last edited by Inexium2 on Feb 13, 2014, 2:51:32 AM
General Raam - solo insane =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info