[ ****** MASSIVE DUAL-WIELDING BUFF!!!!!! ****** ] Mirror Service: #1 1H Axe (Copies: 19)

Click to See the Rest of my Mirror Service Items

~b/o 1 mirror (If you want price for original, contact me)

This is hands-down the best 1H axe, period. And its a fraction of the cost of comparable 1H mirrorables.

Mirror Fee: 50 ex

DUAL-WIELD BUFF!!! (5/28/14)
"
Chris wrote:
We have made changes to dual wielding to improve it. [...] Players now receive a +20% physical damage multiplier while dual wielding.

More details here.

Why this is AWESOME for this Axe:
- What this axe can do more effectively than any other weapon in the game is enable dual-wielding with soul taker.
1. Both weapons benefit from the same axe nodes, which hugely ramps up DPS.
2. You can max out your mana reservation with auras and use any of the most expensive and mana hungry 6-links with a mirrored weapon. Think of it like giving a massive DPS mirrored weapon the "No Mana Cost" passive of a soul taker. It was already extremely powerful (look at the DPS pictures below, which were taken before the buff), but now it's just OP.

Why mirror this over other 1H weapons?
1. Mana efficiency. In terms of total tooltip DPS, this axe stacks up there with the best of them. The difference is the base damage and APS. Axes have higher base damage to compensate for lower APS (1.9 APS vs ~2.1-2.2 for sword/foil). If you are reserving most of your mana for auras, and you are attacking too quickly for the amount of passive mana regen + leech (which was hugely nerfed last patch) you have, your net mana regeneration WILL NOT keep up with your mana consumption from attack skills. The result is that every several attacks, you will fire "blanks," meaning you will do your default attack rather than your skill. Your tooltip dps may look nice, but your effective dps is significantly lower for every blank you fire. The particular combination of lower APS and higher base damage on this axe gives you nearly identical (if not more - see below) tooltip dps, while increasing your effective dps by reducing/eliminating blanks.

2. Low attribute requirement. This axe has an 82 dex requirement, whereas foils have a 212 dex requirement. That's a difference of 130 dex for you math majors. If you're going RT and US/IR, dex is quite literally useless for you. Even if you're going crit, going out of your way just to get more dex is an incredibly ineffective use of passive points. The points you saved will let you get A LOT more DPS/survivability elsewhere on the tree. The low attribute requirement also gives you the flexibility to use this axe across highly different builds/characters.

3. Node efficiency. The point made above is an example of this, but there's more. The axe clusters are much more efficiently organized, AND they are more powerful than sword nodes. If you don't believe me, open up a skill tree and take a look. The pathing for axe clusters is the best, and the % dmg is higher for them than for sword nodes. You're therefore saving more passive points, and getting more for each passive point you do spend.

4. Dual Wield with Soul Taker. Dual wielding just got a HUGE buff with a +20% physical damage multiplier. Dual Wielding this Axe with a Soul Taker gives you unique access to HUGE DPS, as both this axe and ST will scale from the same axe nodes, in addition to having no mana cost for the most mana-hungry set-ups for this huge DPS because of the ST "No Mana Cost" Passive. A unique and lethal combination if you can get your hands on a nice ST.

5. Cheap mirror fee. Hopefully you understand now that there is more to DPS then the poe.xyz calculation. For a significant number of builds, this axe will yield a higher effective DPS. This last point is just icing on the cake. This axe is ~50ex+ cheaper than either mirror-worthy foil, and 15 ex cheaper than Vendor's corsair.

Pics or it didn't happen, bro.
*****DPS PICS TAKEN BEFORE 20% MULTIPLIER BUFF TO DUAL WIELDING*****

I've been getting PM about the build set-up, so here you go:

End-Game Dual Strike Build (Stats below are at L78...)

Short Explanation of How the Build Works
The DPS of the build is coming from the combination of:
1. the max crit chance on my axe
2. abyssus unique helm, which gives 150% crit multiplier
3. the very very nice 1H/dual-wielding crit nodes near the duelist/life side of the passive tree,
4. Dual Strike - incredibly powerful skill using both weapons and you get critical chance on quality! With the new buffs, it is now OP.

Gem Links
6L: Dual Strike-Faster Attacks-MultiStrike-Melee Physical-Crit Damage-Melee Splash/Added Fire
4L: Immortal Cry-Increased Duration-Enhance-Blood Magic
4L: Reduced Mana-Hatred-40% aura (Vitality/Purity of Lightning/etc)-Critical Weakness
4L: CWDT-Molten Shell-Temporal Chains-Enduring Cry
3L (Axe): Leap Slam-Faster Attacks-PCoC (RGB)
3L (Axe): Enduring Cry-Enhance-Blood Rage (RGG)

In order to make the build map viable, you have to protect yourself from physical damage (the drawback of using Abyssus).

The way I do this is with Immortal Call. You will notice that I take 2 endurance charges on the tree for a total of 5 (I take a 6th with bandit, personal preference) as well as the increase buff duration cluster on the left side. Depending on how you choose to link it, you can get anywhere from 10-15 sec immortal call with just 6 endurance charges.

There are several ways to set up immortal call. My personal favorite involves putting it in a 4L with Increased Duration, Enhance, and Blood Magic. This gives you a huge immortal call (14-15 sec) on demand with manual cast whenever you actually need it. I also have Enduring Cry on both manual cast as well as linked to CWDT so I have both a manual and passive source of endurance charges. Makes for extremely fluid game-play.

Instead of using a GG Glorious Plate chest, you can also use Lightning Coil. This works extremely well with soul taker since you can afford to run an extra aura on mana (Purity of Lightning). Some people like this better, because Lightning coil will passively mitigate physical damage taken immensely, which of course counter-acts the consequences of using Abyssus really well. The drawback is you get less life & resists, it doesn't work nearly as well with using two of my axes rather than a soul taker, and I personally think it's a bit redundant with a manually casted immortal call. But like I said, it's still extremely good with Soul Taker and it's the much cheaper option. I might return to fooling around with this set-up in the future.

380k DPS Dual Strike was achieved using two of my axes

290k DPS Dual Strike was achieved using my axe + a 189/24 Soul Taker

Some Vouches
"

Fast and easy service. Thanks again KiPad :)

"
billupps wrote:
Mirror exchange went smoothly. Excellent trustworthy service.

"
JJtheSquid wrote:
Thanks, fast and easy mirror service. This guy and this axe rock!!

"
akaviri wrote:
Great One Thank you so much.

"
jtrand wrote:
Thanks!!

"
nocniec wrote:

Fast and Easy... Thanks

"
mykzgen2 wrote:

fast and easy. thanks!

"
keichaikenny wrote:
Thanks Ki

"
narbays wrote:

Best guy ever, thank you KIPAD

"
DantesLegend wrote:
Just got my copy!
quick and simple trade.

If you have questions about it, how it stacks up to other 1H mirrorables, builds, etc. don't hesitate to ask!
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on Jul 8, 2014, 1:03:08 AM
Nice craft. Very nice craft.
wow.
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

free bump
IGN Jinloman
08:00~24:00 UTC+8 TAIWAN R.O.C.
Mirror Service-thread/556020

awesome axe =)

Congratulations!!!
^

^

^Thanks!

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
grats on getting your hybrid roll

did u get it?

or did some one win your lottery?
^I hit this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info