I've seen no mention of sweep anywhere on here lol. Can sweep not be competitive with GS/LS etc?

Title really says it all. I'm currently 27 on my marauder with a staff build in mind and am just loving sweep so far but being low level I've not invested in any particular weapons set as yet. Can sweep not be as competitive to the main attack skills LS/GS I see all over the first several pages? Thanks!
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
Sweep is used in some of the builds, just not featured.
So my guess is that it is infact Not as strong as GS and LS end game then? In a game I could respec I'd have no problem just @Testing it out@ haha. But if I was to try and fully gear it and spec for sweep/2hand physical/ etc etc that would really be a kick in the wrong place if it came up far short :P

PS: My shadow is already LS spam. @sigh@
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
Generally deeper in the game, having all enemies around you is death, and the GS's range and cone shaped comes in handy.
On my closed beta marauder I had it as a back up to GS. I found it useful for killing trash mobs. I put life leech on it and I found it really affective in combination with leap slam.

I think it is a great skill - but I wouldnt use it as a main skill
I'm at 60 right now using heavy strike single target and sweep for aoe.

I've been leveling GS right along with it, and if I swap it in using the same support gems, I actually still prefer Sweep.

Maybe it's just a preference thing, but I like the non-directional attack of sweep (300* arc instead of 90*)....especially if there's any kind of latency issues with mobs appearing in a location slightly different from actual. I just seem to miss more with GS...

I'm curious if any of the GS supporters have tried sweep out, and what they found to be less effective about it.
I feel more safe with sweep as opposed to GS (hardcore mode.
Sweep is great at the lower levels but once you get 50+ it's not going to be as effective as some of the others. You'll feel as if you've hit a wall if it's the main skill you use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info