Constant Crashing/Monitor disabling

Okay so I do not have a creative sound card and I have played full screen and windowed mode. I crash on both. I used to crash at the login screen but now that I am full screen that does not happen anymore. Now what happens is after playing a bit my monitor turns off on me and I can't do anything but restart the computer. I stay on a voice chat program called ventrilo and sometimes after the monitor disables I can still talk to my friends (demonstrating the pc is still functional). Most of the time everything just freezes and I have to restart the pc. I have a feeling this game is destroying my pc. I do not know what to do and I am afraid to play because I can tell my computer is being damaged. Also, I do not know if this is coincidence or not but the few times I have afked I noticed that I come back to a frozen pc with the monitor off. I have updated my drivers for my videocard and did the --sound thing mentioned in a different thread even though I do not have a sound card.

Is there any fix for this or has anyone else had issues like this?

Also I have a good pc and can run any game on high/med graphics (bought it for $2000 2 years ago and still runs everything well). If you guys at POE need any additional information I can provide it.
Last edited by przm on Jan 27, 2013, 5:38:18 PM
"
przm wrote:
Okay so I do not have a creative sound card and I have played full screen and windowed mode. I crash on both. I used to crash at the login screen but now that I am full screen that does not happen anymore. Now what happens is after playing a bit my monitor turns off on me and I can't do anything but restart the computer. I stay on a voice chat program called ventrilo and sometimes after the monitor disables I can still talk to my friends (demonstrating the pc is still functional). Most of the time everything just freezes and I have to restart the pc. I have a feeling this game is destroying my pc. I do not know what to do and I am afraid to play because I can tell my computer is being damaged. Also, I do not know if this is coincidence or not but the few times I have afked I noticed that I come back to a frozen pc with the monitor off. I have updated my drivers for my videocard and did the --sound thing mentioned in a different thread even though I do not have a sound card.

Also I have a good pc and can run any game on high/med graphics (bought it for $2000 2 years ago and still runs everything well). If you guys at POE need any additional information I can provide it.

^^^^^^^^^
this
anyone?
=(
I just had this happen to me. My screen went black and then my monitor acted like it had no signal. I was just in town messing with my inventory.

Windows XP Pro 32bit
8800GTS
4G RAM
2.6g dual-core

Just passing this on.
Hey I think I found a fix for it. I put V-Sync on and now this is the longest I have played since the first day (4 hours nonstop). Previously I was crashing at least 1 time per 20 minutes. Test it out and see.
"
przm wrote:

Can you post the specs of your PC and tell me what version of Windows you have?

If your not entirely sure you can use a program called speecy.

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Run that and paste the results here.
Just checking in to say that I have the exact same problem.

Here are my specs.

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

CPU

AMD Athlon II X3 450 32 °C
Rana 45nm Technology

RAM

8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A79XTD EVO (AM3) 40 °C

Graphics

HZ251H (1920x1080@60Hz)
ASUS VH236H (1920x1080@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (MSI)

Hard Drives

596GB Western Digital WDC WD6401AALS-00E3A0 ATA Device (SATA) 36 °C

Optical Drives

TuneClon Virtual_CD-RW SCSI CdRom Device
ASUS DRW-24B1ST ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device

Audio

VIA High Definition Audio

sorry for the bad formatting but that should be all the relevant information.
Last edited by ghengisschlong on Jan 28, 2013, 11:45:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info