[0.10.0] Double Hex Coldfire Crit Caster Shadow

Could the 2 ele nodes and 3 projectile damage nodes in the starter area be replaced with lord of the dead the 2 cast speed nodes and spell damage nodes for a minimal loss in DPS in exchange for more tanks/cast speed or is the dps increase significant from the projectile nodes compared to casting speed?
Point on contention: in a crit build with realistic stats from both gear and passives, 80% crit dagger is superior in DPS to a 20% wand. It's not a huge difference though.

(tested with my high lvl cold crit character and white wand/dagger)

EDIT: Thoughts on the crazy staff cluster near the curse nodes? Probably not worth the defense loss I suppose :p
Last edited by aimlessgun on Feb 6, 2013, 12:07:05 AM
Any thoughts on what minions I should use? Zombies until I get a low enough cast time to make skeletons quick to summon before a battle? Totem is out of the question as I am using the glacial spear spell totem for CC.
I wonder if it would be possible to convert this to a low health build instead of a CI one (i'm not fond of CI), since the pain attunement node is just right there to take...

In other words: are the current defenses enough to support a low health build? I guess yes, since of all the ES nodes you still got to support a CI build.

Any high level who want to try (just needs a respec point)
Can we get an update for the new CI passives?
"
Kemeras wrote:

done :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Kemeras wrote:

Thanks for the quick update! Does the build no longer require 111 points, or are we free to distribute them anywhere? Also the alternative cold-crit build was not updated. Thanks for all of your hard work!
"
Kemeras wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Kemeras wrote:

Thanks for the quick update! Does the build no longer require 111 points, or are we free to distribute them anywhere? Also the alternative cold-crit build was not updated. Thanks for all of your hard work!

ah sorry about that, done and done! Yup, you're free to distribute your points :) i think you'll find that the 4 new ES nodes will provide more ES than the 6 points it took to grab the 5x8% ES nodes.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
While cool, does this actually do more damage than pure Cold? I mean, except the Burning damage (which obviously is a LOT).
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Real men use Windscream as well, then you get 3 curses!...I think... :P
IGN: TP_Dat_Rock

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/843358

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info