Microtransaction Farm Flagging Idea

I have an idea for a microtransaction item(s) revolving around item flagging.

First, two observations:

-- Anyone who has ever had the fortune of scoring a unique drop has likely experienced the most thrilling aspect of the game.

-- A some point in the game, the hunt for ideal white items becomes almost as critical as the hunt for rares/uniques.

Now for the idea ...

The last several weeks I have been on the look out for white Nightmare Bascinets to try to Chance a BOR. Wouldn't it be cool if I could flag this particular item with a drop event/flag similar to the drop event of a unique (sound, light pillar, whole nine yards). In this vain, wouldn't it be great to be able to buy a package of 3-5 "flags", each with different colors and/or sound effects and be able to have the freedom to change what items these flag are aimed at as often as I like ... today I'm hunting for NBs ... tomorrow I might be looking for Siege Axes or who knows what else.

It would also be cool to flag not only specific white items, but also 4-link, 5-link, 6-link items, or flasks, or currency or whatever else might be appropriate. So instead of the unique drop experience once every 1-2 hours of play, there would be more (and more purposeful) drop events to look forward to with greater frequency. And it would also make clearing go a lot faster and easier without having to stop for 10-15 second after each and every huge encounter that leaves dozens and dozens of items spread all over the ground. And it would certainly eliminate the chance that I miss something that I'm specifically looking for.

So what do ya'll think? Would you purchase a feature like this, and what would you pay?

Would love to hear some feedback.
Last edited by SaintCabal on Feb 5, 2014, 8:50:32 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Although I think this feature would be useful in-game, we can't sell it as a microtransation at any time I'm afraid, as that would constitute "pay 2 win". We only sell cosmetic or convenience perks which offer no in-game advantage.

I have passed your suggestion on to the development to consider however, in case they wish to add this as a quality of life feature available to everyone.
Personally, I think this concept perfectly embodies the notion of a purely cosmetic and convenient feature. That said, thank you very much for passing it on. I am curious to find out how it is received.

+1

I would like this as it would also help people craft certain gear or farm certain vendor recipes.

Please make it free though. It would be pretty unfair and I agree that this would be P2W otherwise.
Last edited by gump132 on Feb 5, 2014, 6:22:21 PM
I'm not sure it's any more P2W than having extra inventory space affording the ability to hang on to leveling gear, vendor recipe space, gem/map hoarding, etc.

Just to be clear, this concept wouldn't affect the drop rate. It would just make item spotting a little more convenient, and exciting.
Last edited by SaintCabal on Feb 5, 2014, 9:01:12 PM
If anything along the lines of item filtering were implemented, it shouldn't be gated behind MTX as it definitely directly affects gameplay. Its extremely different from stash tabs because those you pay for the convenience of not having to mule. There's not alternative to this. Also I doubt anything so specific as a filter for nightmare bascinet would be easily doable.

My vote is that the window of gear that can drop in a zone gets shrunk. No one wants to see an ilvl 78 bow that has a level requirement of 30. I think that this would easily help with the issue of straining your eyes looking through dozens of items stacked on one another. Also this is not implying that the drop rate of gear should remain the same, just remove the low level requirement gear.

Current system:
200 items drop
100 items are within 70-78 ilvl

New system:
100 items that were below 70 ilvl just never dropped
100 items drop with new system

I think the OP's suggestion would be a great idea. If you wanted it to be simpler it could be that you could change the text color of certain drops (for instance, all chaos orbs that drop are now purple on the ground, and all nightmare basinets are now green)
@munkytos --- Completely agree with your gear window idea. So long as there is no practical need for picking up every white item, they should be kept to at least 55+ I'd think.

Personally, in my mind's eye I keep seeing purple NBs and bright yellow Exalteds ... would even be nice to have a particular sound for high level currency (alch+). As it stands, the gray font can sometimes make it challenging to spot currencies when moving quickly or on big engagements. I usually run with +80-90% quantity and some areas, especially unique maps, get a little crazy at 150% or more quantity.
Bump
nice idea!
=Licht ist Leben=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info