Quick crafting question.

I've heard a lot of people say that an ilvl 80 item has a better chance of getting a T1 stat (for example: Tyrannical) than an ilvl 77. I honestly don't know if that's true. I know there are level requirements for each prefix/affix. Has there been any official word on if this is true?
The most ilvl required by any stat is 79. If you're going for an ilvl 77 stat, it doesn't matter what ilvl the item is is as long as it's 77 or above. There's no extra chance to roll an ilvl 77 mod on an ilvl 80 item (or even 100).
Last edited by Kibblre on Feb 5, 2014, 11:46:08 AM
If I had multiple i80 items to sell and 0 scruples, I would also encourage a such rumor.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I don't think so. I think the chances for rolling a certain stat tier are the same across the board (granted that item is a high enough ilvl to actually get the stat).

It makes sense, then, that an ilvl 72 will have a higher chance of rolling a Cruel physical damage stat because the stat pool is smaller (as it's not a high enough ilvl to roll Tyranical). So, in a way, those people are almost correct :)
Thank you. That's what I thought.
"
Greenmind wrote:
I've heard a lot of people say that an ilvl 80 item has a better chance of getting a T1 stat (for example: Tyrannical) than an ilvl 77. I honestly don't know if that's true. I know there are level requirements for each prefix/affix. Has there been any official word on if this is true?

The Opposite.
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
"
mazul wrote:
... scruples ...

+1
The mechanics mentioned in this thread are correct. Applies if you're rolling.

If you're flipping however, the ilvl80 stuff will sell better. It's the same in D2, people buying ilvl 99 charms when they really only needed 91-94.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info