Cold to fire leveling question

If I have avatar of fire and support my ice spear with cold to fire is there any reason to level this gem?

Spoiler
Faster projectiles is there because I couldn't make it RBBB
English is not my first language.
Last edited by digdigo on Feb 5, 2014, 12:03:26 AM
Doesn't the tooltip dps change when you take out the gem?

My guess would be that the highest conversion ratio counts and the rest falls under the table, but I really don't know.

You might be able to get an idea by taking out the gem and seeing how fast you can kill a high life monster, then putting it in and doing the same.

Taking out the gem does change my dps, but I don't have a lvl 1 cold to fire to test it. I know that I can't convert more than 100% dmg so I'm pretty sure lvling it or not won't change dps.
I see. You do get 10% increased fire and cold damage on 20% quality, so it might be worth it in the long run.
"
Jojas wrote:
I see. You do get 10% increased fire and cold damage on 20% quality, so it might be worth it in the long run.

That's true. It would take me ~80 lvls untill I get it to lvl 20 and turn it into a lvl 1 with 20% qual. I was going to say the required str could be a problem for me, ut I just checked it and it's only 68 str at lvl 20. I'll keep lvling it just to one day make it 20% qual, but if I could buy one I'd probably stop lvling it at lvl 6 (when it reaches 50% dmg converted).
With AoF, there's no need to get more than 50% Conversion on Cold to Fire. The excess Conversion is just scaled down to fit 100% anyways, so it has no effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info