Season Six, Event 138: 1 Week Domination

Got off to a slow start, and not much luck with maps beyond level 74, so I only managed to get to 80. Had a decent time and got some good loot though.

lvl 86 , not a single raffle won
Wow, just wow, first time so lucky in PoE xDDD

i'm speechless;x
"
AllRghtsRsrvd wrote:

i'm speechless;x

this is sad day for racing community. please ggg dont make this happen again
Congrats on the void battery. I think it's great that someone can win something they may never have a chance to find. No, I didn't win anything either. My goal was top 500 and I barely squeezed in. :)

It was my first time playing domination and it's fun to have 1k life in merciless Act 1. I will go back to hardcore for the next season though. In my opinion, it's far more fun to have the possibility of death at any moment and lose everything I have on my character. Thanks GGG, it was fun!!!
"
janimauk wrote:
"
AllRghtsRsrvd wrote:

i'm speechless;x

this is sad day for racing community. please ggg dont make this happen again

Yeah, someone won a Void Battery. Terrible. Just awful. Won't anyone think of the children?!
Finished 148, for playing mostly single and having job and other duties thats not that bad I believe ;)

All but the head and the sword are self found / crafted and I'm really happy for this armour :)

Beyond league.
Last edited by SEXYSUPERSATAN on Feb 18, 2014, 6:41:24 PM
76 Flicker Marauder
488th
135 /deaths
1d 23h (2d 8h /played)

3219.0 Flicker Strike
5905.3 Frenzy
3204.6 Leap Slam
16119.1 Double Strike (gem swap)
1.53 aps
3698 ehp
1876 armor (18%)
resists 77(104) / 77(77) / 70 / -60 (easy gear swaps for max/max/max when desired)
94.1 Life Regeneration per second
311.7 Life Regeneration per second (with 6 Frenzy Charges)

nVaal 01:50
cVaal 07:55
mVaal 22:47

20 2h (120 minutes)
30 3h 35m (215 minutes)
40 6h 20m (380 minutes)
50 14h (840 minutes)
60 21h 45m (1305 minutes)
70 1d 6h 55m (1855 minutes)
76 1d 23h 5m (2825 minutes)

Only solo'd and almost entirely self-found. Only exceptions:
1) muled Spectral Throw;
2) muled Double Strike;
3) bought The Blood Dance, cuz it's just too good for this build;
4) sold 3 five link chests.

The build. All i had planned after that was 2 points to finish the Wrecking Ball cluster, and 4 points for Path of the Warrior. I hadn't planned past 82 - there are a few mediocre or endgame damage clusters in the original build thread (linked below).

The axe was a beautiful drop. Yolo double exalted lightning damage, then flat phys on it.

Main/hp gear (Enlightens have no effect, just levelling them):
Spoiler

Chaos gear set, plus a couple other occasional swaps for balancing resists or -max maps:
Spoiler

Other flasks frequently swapped in/out:
Spoiler

Came up with the build idea when trying to decide what to play. Blood Rage seemed like something fun that i don't get to use on HC. Flicker Strike as well, which seemed a natural fit. Two-handed and Multistrike were a given. Looked up builds for some additional tips, unsurprisingly it'd been done. By far the best i came across was KorgothBG's How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Main improvements i got from his build were things that seem obvious in hindsight:
1) Melee Splash;
2) Frenzy;
3) CWDT links (wasn't planning on using, but Multistrike dropped, allowing me to get CWDT);
4) passive tree framework;
5) weapon type;
6) The Blood Dance.

I added some of my own improvements, and some modifications for a 1 week:
1) hybrid mana & blood magic version;
2) Marauder instead, because it's the class with access to the most required gems for the build;
3) Culling Strike on Frenzy;
4) L1 Vulnerability for free extra damage;
5) Leap Slam for mobility, and help in bootstrapping frenzy charges.
6) Double Strike for single targeting big bosses. Putting Double Strike in Flicker Strike's place and Added Fire Damage in Melee Splash's place;
7) On rare occasions swap out Grace for Hatred, on cold resist maps and whatnot;
8) Unwavering Stance & Iron Reflexes even without Grace (stun sucks);
0) I only realized post-race that the Enduring Cry i was levelling could be used effectively from swap!

I'd never mapped before, so that was very interesting. Didn't really have any idea what i was doing on that front. :P Got a lucky 71 Temple when i was running 69's, only to get the dreaded "Failed to join instance because: disconnected from server. Failed to join any instances." Never got higher than 69's after that. I wasn't really getting anywhere level-wise with higher maps anyway, dying too often. So i eventually just started farming easy 67's to get my final level.

Overall i had fun. I always play hardcore modes, so this was a very new experience for me, at least in PoE. This is now the highest level character i've had in the game (previous highest was a 71 LA ranger on Hardcore).

However, i don't think Domination/Standard is for me. At best i may turn this guy into a PvPer if he is remotely competitive when the PvP season starts.

Repeatedly dying and losing 10% of my progress was incredibly irritating. Far more irritating than simply dying in Hardcore. I've never sworn so many times in such a short duration in PoE. So painful. In HC you can never be losing progress. Sure, you can lose ALL your progress, but then you start over and... make progress.

Standard: a toothache that doesn't go away.
Hardcore: pulling a tooth.

Standard: slowly pulling off a bandaid.
Hardcore: quickly pulling off a bandaid.

Oh, and the Echoing shrine is absurd with this build. The craziest shit you've ever seen.
account number 3
Last edited by unsane3 on Feb 18, 2014, 7:31:57 PM
Was Rank 9
Am normally a hc player (my 95 died on nemesis if you look at my characters)

Swapped out life on hit and added fire for certain map mods etc

Gear wasn't fantastic but at the same time wasn't very demanding. Our clear speed was really great, but our map RNG was just completely awful. Sat at rank 1 for around 15 hours before the map pool began dropping down into the last day where we hardly ran anything over a 75.

All in all, as my first 1 week race and only a handful of races in total- I had amazing fun.
Last edited by B2rad on Feb 19, 2014, 9:15:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info