Disregard

I have a ilvl 69 Voll's protector armor that I think is really old that I just recently decided to jeweler.
I spent over 280 jewelers on it, and haven't even gotten 5S let alone 6.

Sure this could be bad luck, but normally people (incl. me) get 5S in an average of like 30–40 uses — this is nearly 10 times that.

Again this could very likely be just bad luck, as there's no error message or anything, but something else that seems unordinary is that it keeps rolling 1 socket and 2 socket very frequently, which I didn't think is normal for an item that has up to 6 (although I could be mistaken).

Personally I would like it if GGG took the item and tested it or something. I don't want to waste another 200+ jewelers when it's some sort of insidious bug.
I understand that's unorthodox, but I'm in a pretty damn exceptional circumstance I'd say.

You probably don't do this, but if it is found to be a bug, I would like a reimbursement of jewelers.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Feb 3, 2014, 9:20:16 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
have you tried using jewellers with the armor at 20% quality?
Rolling 1 or 2 sockets a lot is nothing out of the ordinary as those have the highest chance to roll. When an item has the maximum amount of sockets it can have, you can no longer use jeweller's orbs on it. So being able to still use them means it can get more sockets than it currently has. No indication of bugs here.

You also would not get your orbs back in the very unlikely event that it actually was a bug.

Spoiler
I once used ~800 jeweller's orbs on an item to get 6 sockets.
Yeah that's kinda my view too, although I thought 2-3 sockets was more common on 6-socketable items than just 1 but it could be my bad memory.

My brain tells me it's just bad luck but the fact I spent so much without getting a 5S just seems extremely bizarre and noteworthy.

For the record no I did not try with armor scraps, and it's rather pointless to try since it takes half a stack of scraps just to do it once anyway.
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
So after a bunch more jewler (I stopped trying to keep track after 320) I did get a 5S.

It's not surprising that it happened eventually since there's no indication that a bug like this exists, but the fact it took so many is surprising.
Call 1-800-DOMINUS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info