CDWT + Raise Spectre Crash

Game crashes, if you link raise spectre gem to cast when damage taken. As soon as, you take enough damage to proc, you raise a specter and game crashes. It happened all 5 times, i've tested.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Same here, very repeatable. Link CWDT to Raise Spectre and game crashes within a few minutes - remove Raise Spectre and play for hours. It's been like this since 1.0.6 and is crippling my build (not to mention RIP-ing quite a few maps before I worked it out and losing 80% of a level).

It'd be nice to know if it's going to be fixed or if I should burn through chromes and try other options with CWDT to see if I can make my toon viable. As it is I can't advance until something changes.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
Ditto.

Whole lot of people with exact same and repeatable issue also in thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/777849/page/1

edit: and this thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/777684
Last edited by Cor_Blimey on Feb 2, 2014, 6:44:42 PM
This isn't new in 1.0.6, it's a known thing for several patches that seems to only ever happen for some people. We've tested thoroughly and yet it's never once happened for us, which would let us debug it easily.
What areas are you playing in when this is happening, and what corpses are nearby? Are your spectres supported by anything other than the trigger gem? Anything that lets us narrow down what combination of effects causes this to happen could help.
Lunaris Temple for myfriend and I and its crashing with Cast on Stun also
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This isn't new in 1.0.6, it's a known thing for several patches that seems to only ever happen for some people. We've tested thoroughly and yet it's never once happened for us, which would let us debug it easily.
What areas are you playing in when this is happening, and what corpses are nearby? Are your spectres supported by anything other than the trigger gem? Anything that lets us narrow down what combination of effects causes this to happen could help.

It crashes for me consistently in the merciless Library with one Undying Archivist corpse nearby. Character used was Grondir, I won't be touching him for a few days in case you want to give him a try. Raise Spectre has no other supports and there are no other CwDT effects on him. Crash happens the instant the spectre is raised, can't tell if it's just before or just afterwards.

EDIT: The crash doesn't seem to happen to Grondir in the merciless Mud Flats though. Dripping Dead/Roa spectres are raised/resummoned as expected.

EDIT: Happens to my witch Prisilda in the merciless Library as well (after removing other supports and CwDT effects). And like Grondir, she's fine in merciless Mud Flats.
Last edited by PoofySleeves on Feb 3, 2014, 7:10:04 AM
Take a look here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/777684
This is duplicate thread! missed rules of the bug forum!!
"
Also, confirm that there are no other threads reporting this issue, and post your bug in there if that is the case. ©GGG
- broken rule!

As for me, on any map, raise spectre + cwdt makes fail.
Some times it occurs after several "not-game-crashed" raisings. But I made 4-5 fails in a row in 4 minutes.

Only appeared after patch 1.0.6. I'm using cwdt (12 lvl) + raise spectre (12 lvl) + summon skel (14 lvl) + enduring cry (12 lvl)
Last edited by trueZurg on Feb 3, 2014, 8:25:45 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Hi Mark,

Nothing about my build changed - only the patch did - and I went from no client crashes to not being able to play for more than 10 minutes without one. It is most certainly new in 1.0.6 for me.

All areas but moreso in heavily populated regions. I've thought back and there was no one monster in common. Spectres aren't using support gems and in my case were triggered by Cast When Stunned (so I could use a higher Spectre gem). Also being triggered by CWS were Cold Snap and Ice Nova (both of which are still in use but with Added Cold Damage where Raise Spectre was).

I'm using a 1H sword and shield with Tempest Shield (I wondered if it that had anything to do with it?). Main attack is ST (with DS for bosses) and, if memory serves all crashes occurred when using ST. I was using a weapon effect and I removed it trying to find the culprit it seemed that the crashes got a little less frequent - perhaps it was wishful thinking as I'm using it again now without RS and no crashes.

It mostly happened in maps and I lost most of my maps and all of my experience (as well as buying a new computer, doing a new W7 install on it and re-downloading the game!) over the couple of days it took me to realise it was Raise Spectre causing it - the forums were quiet about it at first. However it wasn't confined to maps as, when I ran out of maps it still happened in Catacombs runs. Also it didn't happen everytime a spectre was raised. Actually I wondered if it happened when a spectre was raised when I already had one - it seemed to mostly happen when things got very busy.

I'm also using CWDT but that's with Raise Zombie, Devouring Totem and Warlord's Mark. I removed RZ but it didn't make a difference so that's still the same now.

I haven't had a single crash in many hours of gameplay since removing RS from my trigger. Please help as my build isn't doing anywhere near as well as it was. :-/

Cheers,
~DemiDemon~

Last edited by DemiDemon on Feb 3, 2014, 7:34:16 PM
"
DemiDemon wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Hi Mark,

Nothing about my build changed - only the patch did - and I went from no client crashes to not being able to play for more than 10 minutes without one. It is most certainly new in 1.0.6 for me.

Same here.
Had the crash Cwdt/Spectre a few weeks after Realease of cwdt, till u patched it.
After this not even one crash. I changed nothing with my eq or tree, but cant play even 5 minutes without crash now. Pls check 1.06...

i use cwdt 1, with a low raise spectre (lvl 5?).
The crash dont depend on the number of mobs around. I had one even only the map boss was alive.
"
Tzunka wrote:
Same here.
Had the crash Cwdt/Spectre a few weeks after Realease of cwdt, till u patched it.
After this not even one crash. I changed nothing with my eq or tree, but cant play even 5 minutes without crash now. Pls check 1.06...

i use cwdt 1, with a low raise spectre (lvl 5?).
The crash dont depend on the number of mobs around. I had one even only the map boss was alive.
We're going to have to give more detail if we want this fixed. Other skills active at the time? (I wasn't using auras for instance - I forgot to mention that in my post.) What attack were you using?....

My character is level 80.81 and, when I get to lvl 81 I'm going to try some experimenting to see if removing / stopping certain skills stops the crashes.

(I'd do it now but it took me several hours of play to get this 81% of a level back that I lost to the crashes - well, I most likely lost that the times when the client froze. I play solo and lost all my decent maps in the crashes so am grinding Catacombs for ~4% lvl each time. I had about one freeze [total OS lockup to the point where it corrupted Windows after maybe six times] to every five crashes.)

If only some people are experiencing it then it's most likely an interaction with something else that we're all using. As nobody's really giving enough info for Mark to work out what it might be by comparing 'reports' and he is having trouble replicating it (any news Mark?) it will be hard to sort out. So after I level I'll see if I can nut it out by swapping out skills / gear etc.

If only I had more time to play.... :-/
~DemiDemon~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info