Summon Raging Spirit - damage effectiveness?

Ok, so it says 70% effective. 74% of what? Your weapon damage? 70% of the ozone level? 70% of the cash in your wallet?

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Last edited by Mr_Bill on Jan 30, 2014, 6:03:26 PM
As with damage effectiveness on all spells that have it, it's a multiplier for flat damage that is added to the spell (by, say, the Added Lightning Damage support gem). Of course in this case it applies to the damage added onto Spirits' attacks.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
As with damage effectiveness on all spells that have it, it's a multiplier for flat damage that is added to the spell (by, say, the Added Lightning Damage support gem). Of course in this case it applies to the damage added onto Spirits' attacks.

It doesn't multiply the flat elemental damage of my support gems by 0.7 though.
Last edited by 9_6 on Jan 30, 2014, 6:40:42 PM
I too have been puzzled by this.

Can anyone clarify on Raging Spirit damage?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
"
9_6 wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

How are you determining this? If it's from the tooltip, it's far more likely that the tooltip is wrong, given how regularly they tend to be. If not, I'm not sure.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
9_6 wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

It multiplies support damage on the minion, tooltip is often wrong when things like those are considered. If you linked melee splash it wouldn't show the damage penalty either.

But it isn't really wrong, when you summon a minion it gains all mods on skill gem and supports and those determine its final damage. So if your tooltip says 'added 10-20 damage' and 'does 70% of base damage' that can only mean the actual cold damage it does will be 7-14, if it showed final damage it wouldn't be able to show us 'does 70% of base damage' also, and it's important to know if you use auras or such.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 31, 2014, 2:41:17 AM
70% of added dmg gems, and 70% of added dmg auras (like wrath and anger)
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Wait, the first time I found it with a Lv.5 character it did pretty decent damage by itself, BUT, not when I put it in my summoner Lv.71 and leveled it in a same-level map.

So, what's the stand-alone damage? Is it a support gem for supports gems that does little damage on its own but nowhere to be found? How come leveling it up doesn't change a single number? Does it do the same damage at Lv.1 and Lv.15?

Devs, a little help here please, the wiki hasn't any idea either.
Last edited by Magnamuz on Feb 2, 2014, 7:36:58 AM
"
Magnamuz wrote:
Does it do the same damage at Lv.1 and Lv.15?

Of course not, it's a summon like any other, it gains damage with gem level, base damage of your zombies might be 15 at level 1 and 1500 at level 20. Of course your spirits had no chance to kill something when used on level 71 map.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Magnamuz wrote:
Does it do the same damage at Lv.1 and Lv.15?
Of course not, it's a summon like any other, it gains damage with gem level, base damage of your zombies might be 15 at level 1 and 1500 at level 20. Of course your spirits had no chance to kill something when used on level 71 map.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, I leveled the gem in a map with the same level as the gem, as I level it up, so it would be balanced with the enemies, but noticed it did less damage.

Zombies are other minions that should state the DPS, but at least their gem says % of damage increasing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info