General character design woes.

I love Path of Exile; it has almost everything I want in a loot grinding game. With that said, the aesthetics, especially in regard to your character's appearance, is very disappointing. When I started playing the beta I figured everything looked so cheap and crappy because it was so early in development. Now that the game has been released for some time, I've realized that it has barely improved. Visual representation of higher level items is extremely important for a loot-based game, and I don't think GGG has correctly prioritized this.

I may be in the minority here, but I rarely play as a witch because of how bad the armor looks. Purple armor that nearly looks like cheap 80's party wear, cages for helmets, armor that doesn't extend to the legs, it all just looks awkward to me. When you wear a plate of armor with the duelist, his original spanish looking ruffled sleeves are still there, and it just doesn't match. I want full plated armor, sharp and sleek, beautiful shiny shields with different shapes, weapons that don't look that they were just grabbed from the dump.

With each tier, weapons and armor should look significantly improved so it truly feels like you're becoming a unique badass that is ready to destroy. I hate to mention Diablo 3, but for all that game does wrong, the visual appeal is there.

So is this something in the works? Will new content eventually give way to better visual representation? Just a bit of a pointless rant I know, but does anybody feel similarly here?
Hi

Lol starting playing this game in CB was like hmm wonder if they ever going to change duelists red shirt... I agree D3 has some great gear designs,but that's what blizzard does: deliver the eye candy. I thought to myself even when POE was entering full release'' sweet hopefully see some cinematics''NOPE(but I understand cinematics cost A LOT). GGG gets around this visual woe via offering skin MT, now I just put on the skins I like and forget about the lame ones,''go to sleep little nightmare''gear designs.:)

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Feb 15, 2014, 2:48:11 PM
I'd like to see better gear designs as well. Giant, plated-armor with spikes, extravagant silk robes, sleek ninja-style gi's. So many possibilities.

Sigh.

Maybe some day...
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
I assume all the items will get an overhaul like the helmets got them in a previous patch.
PANTS!!!!

Pants for God Sakes!
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info