Are mods being overly strict now?

I'm going talk about something that just happened after one of my posts. I'm not mad or anything I just want to pose the question and see what other players think. I would e-mail support if I thought it was a big deal but its just something that I will adjust to in the future.

Here's what happened:

I posted in a thread about summoner snap-shotting. A poster in that thread said that it was intended. I responded simply "Its not intended, that would be retarded". I very quickly got a PM that my post had been changed. The words "That would be retarded" had been removed. When I questioned the mod he said that due to their new policy my post had been changed because it was not civil and constructive.

I'm surprised how strict they are being. Does everyone think this is cool now or is this being far too strict? I'm not even sure how to feel about it.

iamstryker- 83 Witch--------------IamDeadly- 78 Shadow
IamFoeHammer- 83 Templar-----IamScorned- 79 Witch
IAMFIREWALKER- 80 Witch-------TheOneScorned 75 Scion
IAMJuggernaut- 77 Duelist-------IamARCangel 62 witch
IamSPARTACUSx- 90 Mara--------IamEntropy 85 Duelist
Last edited by iamstryker on January 24, 2014 12:28 AM
Still not strict enough imo. The 'Chris sells currency to RMT' thread is still alive.
If you need to use hyperbole to make a point, you only admit that your point is too weak to stand on its own.
Yes, [Removed by Admin]
Treating the posting population like children only breeds resentment and even more hostility.
They really don't know what they're doing.
Last edited by Connor_GGG on January 24, 2014 12:35 AM
The funny thing would be to confuse this with a hate thread and censor it.
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
P.sure if you have a problem with modding you can contact the mods with any questions, airing it out here isn't going to help anything.

Also, a lot of people dislike "retarded" being used in a negative context. I don't necessarily agree with such moderation but I understand it.
I don't think e-mailing support would help anything either. But I am interested to see what other players think, hence why I made the thread.

I was seriously surprised to see such a simply post be edited like that. I've has posts changed in the past but I was never surprised about those because they were always a bit over the line. This is the first time I couldn't believe it and messaged the mod back.
iamstryker- 83 Witch--------------IamDeadly- 78 Shadow
IamFoeHammer- 83 Templar-----IamScorned- 79 Witch
IAMFIREWALKER- 80 Witch-------TheOneScorned 75 Scion
IAMJuggernaut- 77 Duelist-------IamARCangel 62 witch
IamSPARTACUSx- 90 Mara--------IamEntropy 85 Duelist
I mean, do you not understand "retarded" being a little off-color?

Or are you defending the use of the word as being completely non-offensive?
"
Bukariin wrote:
I mean, do you not understand "retarded" being a little off-color?

Or are you defending the use of the word as being completely non-offensive?


I don't think it should be looked at any worse than if I had said "That would be stupid".

Isn't this forum for adults?
iamstryker- 83 Witch--------------IamDeadly- 78 Shadow
IamFoeHammer- 83 Templar-----IamScorned- 79 Witch
IAMFIREWALKER- 80 Witch-------TheOneScorned 75 Scion
IAMJuggernaut- 77 Duelist-------IamARCangel 62 witch
IamSPARTACUSx- 90 Mara--------IamEntropy 85 Duelist
Last edited by iamstryker on January 24, 2014 12:40 AM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Bukariin wrote:
I mean, do you not understand "retarded" being a little off-color?

Or are you defending the use of the word as being completely non-offensive?


I don't think it should be looked at any worse than if I had said "That would be stupid".

Isn't this forum for adults?


Adults shouldn't be calling things retarded imo.
If you need to use hyperbole to make a point, you only admit that your point is too weak to stand on its own.
"
Completed 2 ChallengesXavderion wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Bukariin wrote:
I mean, do you not understand "retarded" being a little off-color?

Or are you defending the use of the word as being completely non-offensive?


I don't think it should be looked at any worse than if I had said "That would be stupid".

Isn't this forum for adults?


Adults shouldn't be calling things retarded imo.


Nice.
IGN: Ignorance_N_Bliss
I O W N you.
Level 85 - Scion - CoC Discharge: 519k DPS MFER | Retired

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info