Character suddently cannot use spells or move anymore.

I had this bug happen two times already... Both almost cost me my HC character's life ...

The first time, I though it was a mouse problem... Lost control for a while, then it finally worked again... My zombies saving my life.

Then later down the road in AC3 Normal, I'm in the sewers and I just killed a pack under the marketplace, right near the place where the third statue is supposed to be...

Then I cannot attack or move suddently... There's only a few enemies left, so I don't panick. I press my healt flask keys, they work... I heal up while my minions kill the remaining baddies.

Then I never regained control. Had to log out and reconnect to get it to work. Kept the game running for like five minutes talking on global chat about said bug. Everything worked fine... I could chat , open the skill tree, consume potions, check my character screen, every single thing worked except my skills. I even managed to identify some stuff, to cast a town portal (which I never managed to be able to click)... Tried unplugging Keyboard and Mouse.. Nothing fixed it.... Btw check my Ping and it was more than adequate.

I submitted a Bug Report : Number 2131399063. I have a screenshot.

Spoiler

... It's just a Shadow with a couple Zombies in the sewers and with said TP up nothing particularly interesting showing up on photo evidence.

It's a pretty significant bug imho cause in a more tense situation, my only solution would be to do a quick quit or maybe even ALT F4 out of the game... And you're not really prepared for your character suddently being helpless for no reason.

Was I Dreaming ? - Harry Mason
Last edited by Mortiferius on Jan 26, 2013, 7:14:36 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Had this exact bug a few minutes ago (~12:50 CEST).

Could neither move the character nor use portal for about 1 minute, then solved it by going back to character selection.

I could open inventory, open portal, move stuff around in inventory.

__Could not reproduce it.

__What did I do before the problem occured?

I was either moving forward or trying to use Whirling Blades to move forward.

I also switched out of full screen mode to a program on my desktop and back, but I cannot remember wehther this happenend several seconds or only miliseconds before the problem. And I cannot remember whether I did successfully move around after the switch.

__Details:

Bug id: 450.997.754

The Aqueduct, Cruel, Standart league, short allocation, Frankfurt(EU) realm

screenshot: http://klausthorn.de/misc/bugreports/450.997.754.png

Windows 7 64bit, several other programs running

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info