lvl90 Gazoomba's *COE* LOW LIFE CRIT SPECTRAL THROW 62k+ FRENZY 170k+ Self Buffed DPS!!!

Hey guys,
Have had a few buds & people i run maps with ask me about my build! SO i dcided to up and make a bit of a guide!!! Currently messing around with a LOW LIFE version of the build but once i hit lvl93, ill be going CI for the extra survival.

For all you who believe this builds purely made for stoopidly expensive equipment setup, i have 2 friends doing this on a budget and are having a lot of success with far less expensive gear! (Besides Shavs!)

I'd like to thank:
Spoiler
YoshiXt for guiding me through the in's and outs of energy shield based builds, and helping me with some decsions with my gearing & the skill build itself!
Flubby for giving me the original idea to make a modified version of the INSANELY HIGH DPS spec throw build!

SO Here it is! The ins and outs of the build itself!

I'm Currently pushing 58.9k (60k in 1-2 lvls) Spec Throw (Self Buffed) with Faster Projectiles & 160kish 4-Link Frenzy! These numbers can go up another 50-70% with a high aura group!

Pros:
-SUPER HIGH DPS WITH VERY LITTLE REFLECT ISSUE'S.
-Can do all maps with almost any combo of pre/suffix's.
-Can do all Bosses with almost any combo of pre/suffix's.
-Spec Throw costs MUCH less mana then Split Arrow & Power Siphon! So you dont have to worry about keeping a tidy mana amount after reserving auras :).
-Fun to play
-Allows for the very helpful 3rd aura on your Health Pool! Which CI cannot pull off without burning ALOT of Reserve nodes.
-CAN almost hold your finger down and spam your Flasks with Sanctified (Recharges 1 Charge when you deal a Critical Strike

Cons:
-Expensive to reach total optimization. (But what build ultimately isn't)
-Only Map combo to watch out for is Vuln + Phys Reflect... You can survive this combo but a double phys ref + vuln can be your biggest nemesis.
-May rely on spamming Mana Flasks/using a Reduced Mana Gem in your attack on 50% regen maps.
-May rely on spamming a Granite flask for hard Phys Reflect maps.
-Can accidently one shot urself if u use frenzy/dble strike in a phys reflect situation.
-Does not clear as fast as Split Arrow or Power Siphon due to chain being amazing for clearing trash!!! Unless you are able to reach the peaks of Spec throw DPS!!!
-Can be hard to reach Resist Caps due to Crown of Eyes giving u a -30% Fire Res, & Shav's only offering a single resist...
-The Lack of Light from low life can piss you off (1 skill point to fix this isn't that expensive though...)
-Low Chaos Resistance... This can screw with you when using blood Rage! But other then that not many end game monsters really do alot of chaos damage.

Gear + Stat Optimization

Spoiler
Weapon (Dagger):

-Physical Damage is the optimal for this build, but some elemental damage will also stack nicely.
-Crit Chance is almost as important as the damage itself! Obviously Daggers have a higher Global Critical chance which helps boost all other critical chance stats you get.
-Crit Mutiplyer will quickly become your biggest DPS booster once u high Crit Chance!!!
-Attack speed also very optimal. (but ive seen that to much can mess with ur mana reserve)
-Accuracy is very good stat to! Cant have HUGE dps and never hit anything...

Shield:

-Energy Shield No brainer here! The most important thing on your shield.
-Spell Power as this shield uses a Crown of Eyes, this can be a BIG DPS BOOSTER!!!
-Resists are very important as your VERY VERY limited in where you can get resists on your gear.
-Armour/Evasion Shields with Energy Shield are also a great combo for survival and some offer even more Resists!!! But you'll lose the chance to get Spell Power.

Helmet:

-Crown of Eyes is the optimized choice here... Makes any Spell Power you get act as Physical Damage!!! Very handy as you can get alot of spell power from your Shield / Ammy / skill tree.
-LIFE LEECH & MANA LEECH is so very handy for this build to.
-Accuracy is a very handy stat to!
-Can still play this build without COE which will of course result in LESS DPS, but you can then get more Energy Shield & Resists.

Armour:

-To Player Low Life builds you need a Shavronne's Wrappings!!! It's your only option (6-LINK is optimized)
-Can still play this build as a CI variation which i'll link my build for it later
Obviously then High Energy Shield will be optimal as well as getting as much resists as possible!!! Intelligence is also great as it boosts ur mana & energy shield even higher.

Gloves:

-Maligaro's may lack any real survival but they offer HUGE DPS BOOSTS!!! Crit/Crit Mult & Attack Speed... Cant beat that!!!
-Though Maligaro's will give big DPS BOOSTS, this is a great slot to give you room to max out Resists & Increase your Energy Shield! You can also get high Attack speed here to.

Boots:

-Rainbowstrides are a great cheap choice, though legacy ones are getting expensive!!! But they still offer everything u want Energy Shield/Resists/Move Speed.
-Rare boots can obviously well exceed the Energy Shield of Rainbowstrides though.
-Movement Speed is very handy it'll keep you safe, allow you to keep up with your Map Group & allow you to kite stuff (Spec Throw is a great kiting skill)
-Resists also very important here due to the real squeeze to cap them out.
-Again Intelligence is great for boosting some important stats Mana/Energy Sheild.

Belt:

-Gives you nearly all the best stats you could possibly ask for!!!
-High Energy Shield BAM
-WED BAM
-MANA BAM
-MANA LEECH, one of the few places you can get a huge chunk of this stat & trust me you WANT a huge chunk of mana leech.

Amulet:

-Great item as it can give u HUGE DPS BOOSTS aswell as Survival.
-Physical Damage / Spell Power are very optimizal here.
-Crit Chance / Crit Multiplyer also amazingly optimal.
-Flat Energy Shield / % Energy Shield.
-Life Leech very handy.
-A great piece to get HIGH Accuracy on.
-WED% = more DPS.
-Can also get some resists here if you need to cap them out.

Rings:

-Similar to your Amulet they offer alot of DPS + Survival options.
-Diamond Rings will offer big DPS but Prismatics can help ease the pressure on Resist Caps.
-Physical Damage will be the big winner here.
-Resists + Resist all, as i found getting to the Resist Cap very hard i chose to put alot of my resists into my rings, as your rings will never truely give you more DPS then your Amulet can.
-Energy Shield maybe small on rings but its still a Premium Stat.
-A great piece to get HIGH Accuracy on.
-Life Leech/Mana Leech very handy.
-WED% = more DPS.
-Attack Speed% = more DPS.
-Accuracy

My Current Gear
Spoiler

Survival

with 95% Crit Chance, you can basically mash your flasks as they regen almost instantly!

My Stats:
Unbuffed Defence- (just Grace)
Spoiler

Self Buffed Defence- (With Grace + 4 Endurance Charges + Flask)
Spoiler

Self Buffed Spec Throw- (With Hatred + 5 Frenzy Charges + 5 Power Charges + Blood Rage)
Spec Throw + LMP + Faster Projectiles + PCOC + Increased Crit Dmg + Added Fired Dmg
Spoiler

Self Buffed Spec Throw- (With Hatred + 5 Frenzy Charges + 5 Power Charges + Blood Rage)
Spec Throw + LMP + Physical Projectile Attk Dmg + PCOC + Increased Crit Dmg + Added Fired Dmg
Spoiler

Self Buffed Frenzy- (With Hatred + 5 Frenzy Charges + 5 Power Charges + Blood Rage)
Frenxy + Faster Attacks + PCOC + Increased Crit Dmg
Spoiler

Bandit Quests:
Normal: Passive point.
Cruel: 18% Physical Damage.
Merciless: Power Charge.

Skills:
Spoiler
Armour (6-LINK 3G2B1R)
GREEN-Spectral Throw
GREEN-Lesser Multiple Projectiles/Greater Multiple Projectiles
(LMP for most of the time, but i like GMP to dampen Reflect Damage & on maps that allow for its spread)
GREEN-Faster Projectiles/Physical Projectile Attack Damage/Faster Attacks
(Faster Projectiles is my favorite here due to it increasing the range of Spec throw, but PPAD & Faster attacks will boost your Tooltip DPS even higher.
BLUE-Power Charge on Critical
BLUE-Increased Critical Damage
RED-Increased Fire Damage/Life Leech
(Increased Fire Damage will pump up your DPS but use Life Leech if your greatly lacking...

Helmet/Boots/Gloves (4-Link 2B2R 2G2B 3R1G)
2B2R
BLUE-Enfeeble/Critical Weakness
BLUE-Lightning Wrap
RED-Cast When Damage Taken (lvl1)
RED-Enduring Cry (lvl5)

2G2B
GREEN-FRENZY
GREEN-Faster Attacks
BLUE-Power Charge on Critical
BLUE-Increased Critical Damage

3R1G
RED-Empower (Don't need it, but it helps abit)
RED-Blood Magic
RED-Reduced Mana
GREEN/BLUE-Hatred, Grace or Discipline (all get benefits here your choice)

Weapon/Shield (3-Link 2G1R 1G1B1R)
2G1R
GREEN-Blood Rage
GREEN-Enhance
(This will boost your Blood Rage's Life leech!!! As well as your Attack Speed if your Low Lifing)
RED-Increased Duraction

1G1B1R
GREEN-Hatred/Grace
BLUE-Discipline
RED-Reduced Mana

Low Life Skill Tree: (lvl90)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAecEsQV9BbUOSBB7ES8RlhLhFr8Z1RpVGtsbyB4aJP0oKii1KaUqOCsKLOEvbzBUMww26DvhPs9DMUcGTGBOKlFHVupW9Vb6Whpbr14TX2phIWNDZKNtGXBScFZwu3vXfeN-WX_GhO-H24hCjb-Oio_6kBuVZpfQmVeZmpoTnaOfy6Kjouqmf6crrGaxs7TFtUi2Qbb3uT695r46wFHBAMHFwfPC7MNt1QDYdtkT2xrbbtvU3Q3i9-OE51TrY-wY7UHuDu9O8uHz6vVL-WP8q_zF_iv_k__e

CI Skill Tree: (lvl93)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAecEsQV9BbUOSBB7ES8RlhLhFr8Z1RpVGtsbyB4aJP0oKii1KaUqOCsKLOEvbzBUMww26DvhPs9DMUcGTGBOKlFHVupW9Vb6Whpbr14TX2phIWNDZKNtGXBScFZwu33jfll_xoTvh9uIQo2_joqQG5Vml9CZV5mamhOdo5_LoqOi6qZ_pyusZrGztMW1SLZBtve5Pr3mvjrAUcEAwcXB88Lsw23VANh22RPbGttu29TdDeL344TnVOtj7BjtQe4O707y4fPq9Uv5Y_yr_MX-K_-T_94sv4auFdfXhlZj
Last edited by nuchip on Feb 24, 2014, 4:31:28 AM
thank for sharing, wondering any high lvl map run video?
ign: SheCull / Sorrow_Shadow / Tipzy_ / WhatEverLaDiu
Guides done *I think*, if theres anymore information you guys want just ask!!!
"
bennyng80 wrote:
thank for sharing, wondering any high lvl map run video?

Will be uploading some vids this weekend :)
Best possible guide for a critical spec throw, you did a great job and you explained everything with detail and pictures :D ! Amazing guide, great job mate :)
A few questions:

1) What is your ES pool for low life build?
Edit: you've uploaded a screenshot of your defensive stats while I've been typing (:

2) Why don't you use Physical Projectile Attack Damage gem in place of, say, Added Fire? Spectral throw is a projectile...

3) Why do you pick Flaying (phys damage / life / crit multi dagger passive) instead of Throatseeker?
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ᕙ༼ຈلຈ༽ᕗ _(͡๏̯͡๏)_ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚, /╲/\╭༼ຈຈل͜ຈຈ༽╮/\╱\ ಠ_ಠ ( ⊙ ʖ̯ ⊙ ) ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by zyzzarzaz on Jan 20, 2014, 6:04:53 AM
"
zyzzarzaz2 wrote:
A few questions:

1) What is your ES pool for low life build?
Edit: you've uploaded a screenshot of your defensive stats while I've been typing (:

2) Why don't you use Physical Projectile Attack Damage gem in place of, say, Added Fire? Spectral throw is a projectile...

3) Why do you pick Flaying (phys damage / life / crit multi dagger passive) instead of Throatseeker?

to Answer 2. i use Added Fire damg to keep a Red slot open for afew reason!
Firstly, i use it to keep a red gem free in my links to allow for Life Leech (when i need it) & to use Reduced Mana on maps that are oly 50% Regen Rate (without it spamming Spec Throw can be an Issue)
Secondly, i dont really wanna be 100% all out Physical Damage i'm the very Edge of 1 shotting myself with my Physical Damage! So i decided to balance it out abit with some ele damage.

to answer 3. I was actually just looking at this myself! as i just got heartseeker & realzied how much of a DPS gain it was! I was just about to test out Throatseeker to compare :), it should be better
Just Tested out ThroatSeeker over Flaying & i have 2k less dps!
Melee Physical Damg still is a very decent dps booster it seems :)
hmm
Last edited by Nicholai85 on Jan 20, 2014, 6:22:51 PM
"
Nicholai85 wrote:
hmm

?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info