So I'm building a Mace + Board Scion...

So far, I'm having a blast with a level 37 mace + shield Scion in normal difficulty...but now I'm wondering if this character will be viable later on. (I've yet to kill the final boss on any character, so consider me a noob! :P)

This is what my passive tree looks like now: Link

...and what it might look like at 110 points: Link

Skills used: Lightning Strike + Added Fire Damage, Shield Charge + Melee Splash, Molten Shell, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call (don't have this one yet), Clarity, Tempest Shield, Rejuvenation Totem.

Not sure what's best to look for in gear - I've just been shooting for armor, resistances, and +life.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks! :D
The life nodes off the Scion start are really bad. I would respec out of those and shaper. I would put two points in the life wheel to grab the 12% and the other three in the duelist health nodes to replace the 1% life gen. It will be a considerable boost to your life.

Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wUtG_ol3zGeMgk1kjXWNuhAoEUKRmlHfk3jU99Yr1jbYEtlTWxGcmx07XgNeu-E2YTviPGbg565ns2fy6QZplenMKluq8WsWayvtfK-ir680iH0xv6P

EDIT: I went ahead and did a "if it was me" build. This is just to give you a different perspective on the build. I mainly sacrifice a couple damage nodes for alot more life. This is also a more reasonable 100 points.

Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wUtD8wUIBiRGS4ZhRoyGjgb-h0UHt8kqiXfJ-0oxTGeMgk1kjXWNug26TrhQT9FCkZpR35MNU3jT1ZQR1FgUeZT31RJVw1Yr1jbWfNfP2BLZU1mnmxGcH1ybHKpdO14DXrvfNmE2YTviPGQVZuDns2fy6C0pBmmV6ZkpzCnhKluqZWrxaxZrKqsr7M_tC-18rndvoq-vMAaw4bJmNE20iHUj9lh3sHjauSt51LnY-eR7w7yRfO-8930xve--tL7qv4K_o8=

A couple points:

- I picked up Blood Drinker as a Lightning Strike build still does physical damage.
- Shield defenses next to the Scion block nodes really isn't worth it.

Other than that I just moved out of the Templar area for some more efficient health nodes. I have never played a Lightning Strike build so I don't know how bad it is to drop Catalyze, but I don't think it's much of an impact.
Last edited by agilekyle on Jan 15, 2014, 8:05:41 PM
Thanks for your input; it's been helpful. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info