The Ultimate Party Support Build

Gameplay Video and Party Description by Feyith

Description
Spoiler
I had this idea that a synergy of classes specifically built to support one another could easily exist with a little careful planning.

I'm be using some specific equipment such as Alpha's Howl, Moonsorrow Wand, Doedre's Damning Paua Ring, Windscream Reinforced Greaves and the Prism Guardian.

What makes this build special is it is entirely unselfish. What I mean by that is the build is designed only to support the party. At my current level, I run four auras and cast four permanent curses with a single attack using Freezing Pulse (currently Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, Frostbite and Vulnerability). I plan to either cast 5 curses and run 6 auras or 3 curses and 7 auras. having the Tabula Rasa makes this single attack approach possible. If you don't have the Tabula Rasa, You can do it using two separate Freezing Pulse attacks. I started using Lesser Multiple Projectiles but soon discovered it was far more efficient to replace that gem with a curse and cast them all at once.

Everyone else in the party is designing their builds for their role in the party as well. We have found a synergy with building this way that was not there with our other characters. We killed Dominus at level 35ish and it was far easier than with our higher level characters (mine was 77th) in the same difficulty. We experience the same thing with piety and many other bosses. Most of the time, the bosses barely move (cursed, and [frozen or chilled]) while our tank destroys them and our archer crits them to death with a custom version of the fireworks build.

What makes this build possible, besides the right equipment is all of the Reduced Mana Reserved Nodes you can get.

Also, you can leave your Freezing Pulse at first level since damage is not a priority (if you need the mana). Having a quality Freezing Pulse gem will make it cast faster and farther. Although, since freeze and chill times are based on your damage versus monster life, you may see a decrease in those times if you opt for this method.

The Party
Spoiler
---------------------
The Scion Aura(me)
---------------------
Current Skill Tree

Current Gear and Gem Setup
Spoiler

Current Attack Stats
Spoiler

Current Defense Stats
Spoiler

---------------------
The Rogue
---------------------

Updates
Spoiler

=================================================

UPDATE Feb 11th, 2014
I found Shavronne's Wrappings so I can now run very low on life. I am currently running ten auras at + 78% power and throwing three permanent curses.

UPDATE Jan 21st, 2014
The party support portion of my build is done so I'm focusing on my own stuff now.
* Running 8 Auras
* Casting 3 Permanent Curses
* Auras Almost Doubled the Fighter's DPS and Quadrupled the Rogue's
* Added +45% to Elemental Resists with Purity of Elements at Level 16
* Etc :D

UPDATE Jan 14th, 2014
We just made it into Act 3 on Merciless at 58th Level. So far the party build is huge success!

UPDATE Jan 11th, 2014
So, I was leaning toward a bow attack as an alternate for my curse on hit but have decided to stick with freezing pulse for the free chill and freeze effect it has. You'll see all of my attack nodes removed and spell cast speed added.

Oh, I'm now up to five curses.

Also, I'm now using two Freezing Pulse attacks, one has three curses and Lesser Multiple Projectiles. I tried without LMP but didn't get as good of results as with using LMP. The curses just didn't land as fast.

The second attack has two curses that don't do much on a group but are great against bosses. This attack does not have LMP because it is designed to be single target.

Last edited by CentauriSoldier on Feb 11, 2014, 10:10:32 PM
Thanks for being our bard! Most fun I've had with a party in a long while.

It's hilarious to see the bosses turn and try to RUUUUUN!!! <3

*** EDIT: Just to make a point... ***

Spoiler

*** UPDATE: Gameplay videos up! ***

Also by request, here is more info regarding my leg of the tripod.

Thanks for reading! :D
Last edited by feyith on May 4, 2014, 3:06:16 PM
How exactly can you run 6 auras with blood magic? i understand that its 40 less mana reserved so its multiplicative so it becomes 64 reduced mana reserved with out the reduced mana gems per each aura making 60%s into 38%. Im just genuinely curious. Wouldn't a minion build be better in the long run as well? And do you need a shavronnes? I really want to make a true support toon, and i like the ideas in this guide though i think some need to be thought out a little more for nemesis at least, which is what id like to run it in. Any answers would be great.
113 points spent .. 68% increased max life WITH blood magic.

This is going to end well.

Last edited by MikeOxlittle on Jan 11, 2014, 6:48:51 AM
You do realize also that Freezing Pulse is a spell and not an attack?

You're planning to invest into so many nodes that are completely useless to you and you call this the 'Ultimate' build ... wow.

"
Thanks for being our bard! Most fun I've had with a party in a long while.

It's hilarious to see the bosses turn and try to RUUUUUN!!! <3

@feyith
I'm having more fun with this character than with any of my others, I really enjoy this party dynamic with input and feedback regarding each of our builds. And yes, watching the bosses run in terror (when they're able to move) is quite amusing :D!

"
How exactly can you run 6 auras with blood magic?

@draakisback
You're right, I'd be giving up a lot and I think, in the end, that price would not be worth it. As I said, the Blood Magic is tentative and I'm leaning toward not using it all. I'm probably just going to run two auras with the Blood Magic Skill and Reduced Mana and then run the rest on my mana ball.

"
You do realize also that Freezing Pulse is a spell and not an attack?

You're planning to invest into so many nodes that are completely useless to you and you call this the 'Ultimate' build ... wow.

@MikeOxlittle
First of all, you misquoted me, I did not call this the "Ultimate Build" as you stated. I called it the "Ultimate Party Support Build".
Yes, Freezing Pulse is a spell? Okay so what's your point? How does Freezing Pulse being a spell affect anything? You clearly don't understand the build. Let me break it down for you.

Tabula Rasa hosting these gems.

Freezing Pulse
Curse on Hit
Vulnerability
Enfeeble (might be switching for Elemental Weakness)
Temporal Chains
Frostbite

These, combined with the ability to have 4 permanent curses (as well as the auras) is what makes this build so great. And as was pointed out before, this is Party Support Build, not all of my points are going to benefit this character. I have to sacrifice points to go through useless nodes to get what I want in order to better help the party. I know the concept of self-sacrifice for the greater good is lost on some people but I thought the title of my thread gave it away.

Perhaps you should try to understand what's going on next time before you make such a rude post. How about next time offering some legitimate, constructive and friendly advice on the build instead of just being rude? This build may have errors since it's a work in progress and you could, without using poor manners, point those out in an effort to help perfect the build. I'm posting this for your information, not because I'm interested in seeing a display of your adolescent petulance and contempt. Remember, manners are free and constructive, friendly criticism is always welcome.

NEW BUILD INFO
The other party members have decided to give some of their non-specific build nodes to get better aura hosting nodes. They're each going to run two aura as well. We already annihilate everything at our current levels, I can't wait to see these builds together at high levels.

Link Updated in First Post to Reflect Blood Magic Keystone Removal
Last edited by CentauriSoldier on Jan 11, 2014, 1:28:47 PM
"

First of all, you misquoted me, I did not call this the "Ultimate Build" as you stated. I called it the "Ultimate Party Support Build".
Yes, Freezing Pulse is a spell? Okay so what's your point? How does Freezing Pulse being a spell affect anything? You clearly don't understand the build. Let me break it down for you.

Tabula Rasa hosting these gems.

Freezing Pulse
Curse on Hit
Vulnerability
Enfeeble (might be switching for Elemental Weakness)
Temporal Chains
Frostbite

These, combined with the ability to have 4 permanent curses (as well as the auras) is what makes this build so great. And as was pointed out before, this is Party Support Build, not all of my points are going to benefit this character. I have to sacrifice points to go through useless nodes to get what I want in order to better help the party. I know the concept of self-sacrifice for the greater good is lost on some people but I thought the title of my thread gave it away.

Perhaps you should try to understand what's going on next time before you make such a rude post. How about next time offering some legitimate, constructive and friendly advice on the build instead of just being rude? This build may have errors since it's a work in progress and you could, without using poor manners, point those out in an effort to help perfect the build. I'm posting this for your information, not because I'm interested in seeing a display of your adolescent petulance and contempt. Remember, manners are free and constructive, friendly criticism is always welcome.

Trust me, I understand the intent of a support build, but yours is built so poorly from what I've seen and PLAYED in the past that yes you're right .. I don't understand your build.

1. My point on Freeze Pulse was that it's a SPELL, not an ATTACK. You still take around 10 nodes which either lead to or are attack speed nodes. They are completely USELESS for Freezing Pulse, you want cast speed nodes.

2. You also invest into the Breath of Rime and chill duration clusters. Then you say to leave Freeze Pulse at level 1 just to proc the curses? What kind of damage will a level 1 FP do to warrant investing into those nodes? NONE.

3. The biggest issue with your build is you plan to use a Tabula Rasa which has no defensive stats and then with your 104 'Ultimate Party Support Build' points spent ... you have a total of 44% increased maximum life.

Do you really expect to survive late game situations with a HP pool around 1K? And that's only if you have life on every single piece of gear. The fact that you're using Freeze Pulse means you'll have to be in certain range of enemies to proc the curses and that puts you into danger when you have very little defenses.

Here is a modified build for you to consider .. it has a 200%+ increased HP pool, Eldritch Battery which would allow you to run a high level Arctic Armor to help with some damage mitigation from having to be in mid-melee range of enemies. It touches the Ranger starting area to get Ballistic Mastery which would give you improved range on FP to make things a bit safer.

My recommendation is to drop one of the curses from the chain and self-cast it and put Faster Projectiles onto the Freeze Pulse setup to further extend your range and keep you safer.

Last edited by MikeOxlittle on Jan 11, 2014, 4:43:00 PM
"
MikeOxlittle wrote:
3. The biggest issue with your build is you plan to use a Tabula Rasa which has no defensive stats and then with your 104 'Ultimate Party Support Build' points spent ... you have a total of 44% increased maximum life.

Do you really expect to survive late game situations with a HP pool around 1K? And that's only if you have life on every single piece of gear. The fact that you're using Freeze Pulse means you'll have to be in certain range of enemies to proc the curses and that puts you into danger when you have very little defenses.

You must have a very different play style than us. Both my Dual Wield/Spectral Throw and Unarmed Facebreaker/Dominating Blow Scions run maps at level (started at 66 and running 70s at 70 and 72) with about 1.5K HP because the point is to not get hit. And this is without support.

As stated, our current party at level 40 with his support character and building around each others', is killing things more efficiently than level 70s farming low end content - and it's not because the 70s suck. It's because no one in the support party is getting hit. The mobs are too busy slowed AND chilled AND enfeebled and most of the time also bleeding and fleeing. (Every once in a while, something will raise its arms up and get halfway through an attack or cast animation.) Maybe this will be an issue on curse immune maps but either way, you don't need much life with an Enduring Cry tank on top and everyone else in the party also bringing double auras.

I'm surprised with how much you've seen and played, you've never taken shortcuts through junk nodes to get to something cool for the good of the party. Hence the entire point of the selfless, make-everybody-else-around-you-awesome build. Team play > life nodes.

"
draakisback wrote:
Wouldn't a minion build be better in the long run as well? And do you need a shavronnes? I really want to make a true support toon, and i like the ideas in this guide though i think some need to be thought out a little more for nemesis at least, which is what id like to run it in. Any answers would be great.

Just personal opinion regarding minion builds... My Facebreaker Scion usually runs with about 40-60 converted mobs at a time, depending on the area. The AI leaves something to be desired. It's fun for soloing and LOLs. But I think if you have a consistent group of friends to play with, something synergistic like this would be more effective and appreciated in the long run. Our party of 3 is going to have 10-11 auras end game.

As for how we're not getting hit, I'm running a Death's Harp + Chain version of the Fireworks build and both Sellia and I just stand back and fling stuff in the tank's general direction. Everything on the screen converges onto Enduring Cry and we can safely nuke it from orbit. XD
Last edited by feyith on Jan 15, 2014, 7:20:15 PM
"
feyith wrote:

You must have a very different play style than us. Both my Dual Wield/Spectral Throw and Unarmed Facebreaker/Dominating Blow Scions run maps at level (started at 66 and running 70s at 70 and 72) with about 1.5K HP because the point is to not get hit. And this is without support.

As stated, our current party at level 40 with his support character and building around each others', is killing things more efficiently than level 70s farming low end content - and it's not because the 70s suck. It's because no one in the support party is getting hit. The mobs are too busy slowed AND chilled AND enfeebled and most of the time also bleeding and fleeing. (Every once in a while, something will raise its arms up and get halfway through an attack or cast animation.) Maybe this will be an issue on curse immune maps but either way, you don't need much life with an Enduring Cry tank on top and everyone else in the party also bringing double auras.

I'm surprised with how much you've seen and played, you've never taken shortcuts through junk nodes to get to something cool for the good of the party. Hence the entire point of the selfless, make-everybody-else-around-you-awesome build. Team play > life nodes.

You're comparing a build that is most likely heavily invested into shield block nodes and actually does damage to one that has no block nodes, little to no defenses planned, and does no damage ... what's your point?

Also are you really comparing Cruel level content to Merciless Act 3 + Map content? Any player with some experience can breeze through Cruel with shit gear even LOL.

Taking shortcuts is fine on the tree but that doesn't explain why he is investing into attack speed nodes when he is using a spell that utilizes cast speed.

Look at his current tree, he spends 4 points to take the Berserking cluster and starts off at the Scion tree taking 4 attack speed nodes when he has spell damage nodes right next to it.

I probably would of just skipped over this thread if he named it ' Party Support Build ' but calling it the 'Ultimate' anything is a complete joke.

Please See the First Post For All Future Updates

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info