Torchlight 2, free to play through this weekend via Steam

Yep, you might want to give it a shot! I downloaded it and have been playing for about an hour or so, and it's actually really good. I can't comment to much about it since I just started basically, but the mechanics are really smooth and it just feels good playing it.

But yeah, free download and trial play until the weekend is over.
Sounds fun ,but wrong forum..(Off-Topic really)
Rgds ,
L
**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
I think TL2 has a demo anyway.

but most people overlook this gem of a game, because they don't like the graphics.
their loss.
best ARPG in years, comes from some of the original D2 developers, and has tons of mods (including for the graphics).

last of a dying breed of ARPGs, that don't follow the online-based-MMO model, and put almost limitless options and choice at the player's fingertips.

maybe Grim Dawn (a.k.a "Titan Quest 2") will be offline, single-player-based too. we'll see.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jan 9, 2014, 5:46:23 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
I think TL2 has a demo anyway.

but most people overlook this gem of a game, because they don't like the graphics.
their loss.
best ARPG in years, comes from some of the original D2 developers, and has tons of mods (including for the graphics).

last of a dying breed of ARPGs, that don't follow the online-based-MMO model, and put almost limitless options and choice at the player's fingertips.

maybe Grim Dawn (a.k.a "Titan Quest 2") will be offline, single-player-based too. we'll see.

Finally, a post I can 100% agree with you John ;)

But I do agree. The graphics in this game, I actually LOVE it. It's so fucking smooth, I just love the mechanics. It does remind me a lot of D2, ugh I'll prolly play this all night :D.

The single player option is amazing as well. Seeing as I'm playing SP, it's a lot easier to run too on my PC.

I'm doing an ice/lightning mage, I really haven't looked up anything about TL and I haven't played it before, so I'll probably fail miserably. But I'm pretty decent at first timing aRPG's like this (well my first PoE character sucked, he was level 52 lol)
There might be people who simply overlook the graphics of TL2, but I think there's a lot who simply get bored playing it.
I got into it with a couple friends, when it released. And just like Torchlight 1, we got extremely bored after 10-12 hours of playing. And the worst is, we can't explain why. The game is good, the mechanics are fluid, we like the graphic style.

I even tried to get back to it, and once again, around the 12 hours played mark, I just gave up, out of boredom. I'd like to enjoy it, but I just can't.

Anyway, glad it's out there, proposing a modable ARPG.
Last edited by Bobbyblind on Jan 9, 2014, 7:05:06 PM
"
Bobbyblind wrote:
There might be people who simply overlook the graphics of TL2, but I think there's a lot who simply get bored playing it.
I got into it with a couple friends, when it released. And just like Torchlight 1, we got extremely bored after 10-12 hours of playing. And the worst is, we can't explain why. The game is good, the mechanics are fluid, we like the graphic style.

I even tried to get back to it, and once again, around the 12 hours played mark, I just gave up, out of boredom. I'd like to enjoy it, but I just can't.

Anyway, glad it's out there, proposing a modable ARPG.

i'll tell you why. because you've been playing that game for over a decade all ready. Its got some nice bells and whistles but fundamentally its just an easier version of D2 with different graphics. so naturally you get bored of it pretty quickly., If offers nothing that you haven't seen before.

I not saying its a bad game. It set out to be a D2 clone and thats exactly what it is. It didnt innovate on the D2 formula like PoE its just a carbon copy. It has no interesting mechanics or nothing its a boring game.
I'm with bobby here. I think It's the lack of gratification or that grind factor in the game feels a bit of for me. It's a good game. But i would recommend Fate.

A good old game if you haven't played that yet. It's TL1/2 but with endless dungeon. What can go wrong? :P
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
Awesome game. I pirated it and played it single player. Which eh. i dont have any friends that play these games, so im alone anyway. I just used tungle. It was still a fantastic game. one of the better arpgs to use the diablo generakl formula, correctly. well, that ive played.

and i think ima buy it soon. cause its cheap and i dont even really know why i didnt just buy the original. i got the money.

oh yeah, the main thing I didn't like, was that the first skills you get kick a lil too much ass.
Smoother than Smooth.
Last edited by Moist on Jan 9, 2014, 8:22:09 PM
imo It was a fun game to sink a couple hours into. However I was extremely disappointed with the itemization. The uniques were nothing special. (out of the 8~10 I've found none have peaked my interest. Uniques basically guaranteed decent stats, but rares can be much better.) PoE is much better imo, but if your looking for something different TL2 isn't bad, but it isn't amazing. You are usually sticking to 1-2 skills that are aoe to spam. Atleast that was my experience with the ranged weapon guy (forgot name) and the mage. There where some pretty interesting spells and passives though.

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”
--Herm Albright
Prismatic Bolt OP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info