Byrr's Eldritch Battery Ethreal Knife Shadow

"
TaloLegend wrote:
8% Evasion and Armor > 10% Armor?
I'm using Diamond Skin, because going the bottom line costs the same even with the Ar/Ev 8% Node.

Agreed, in the build iono linked the only reason the bottom route is a point less is because he dropped an armor and evasion node. If you think you want Diamond Skin, go this route.

"
TaloLegend wrote:
I just dont get it why anyone is going Acceleration at the Startpoint, followed by 3x 8% Prijectile Damage, you can can them at the Duelist too for not wasting 1 point in Acceleration!
Safe this Point and go Diamond Skin -> Happy :)

I hadn't thought of that, I'd only thought about eventually getting both. I'm really thinking about doing this since it will only cost 4 regrets and help me a lot with Elemental Weakness maps.

Otherwise I get those nodes at the shadow start because it gives some damage for EK at earlier levels when it needs it. Before 30ish Freezing Pulse is much better damage and lower mana cost.

"
iono wrote:
Why didn't you go across the bottom to save a point?

You lose the 8% armor, but if you really wanted to you could get one of the 10% ones instead (on the left, below the mana cost reductions). Or do you need that 10 int over 10 dex?

If I drop that int node I would have to have an onyx to equip my wand as it is an Opal and requires 212 int. I have a decent amulet now so it's not really an issue but I prefer not to be limited on gear choices like that. When I first got the wand I didn't have an onyx and had to find something so I could use it.
Last edited by Fenric on Mar 9, 2013, 4:28:47 AM
Well I thought about it a bit and decided to do it, so here is what my passives look like now:

I thought about getting a 20% mana regeneration instead of Diamond Skin, but I'll wait until I level up. I am comfortable swapping a Blood Magic gem with Added Fire for my EK, and my goal is to do Elemental Weakness maps with little to no drop in my resists.
Last edited by Fenric on Mar 9, 2013, 4:40:34 AM
"
Fenric wrote:
"
TaloLegend wrote:
I'm using Diamond Skin, because going the bottom line costs the same even with the Ar/Ev 8% Node.

Agreed, in the build iono linked the only reason the bottom route is a point less is because he dropped an armor and evasion node. If you think you want Diamond Skin, go this route.

%Evasion/Armor are the same thing as %Armor with Iron Reflexes, so 10 > 8

Source: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Iron_Reflexes

So yes, I know I lost the Armor/Evasion node, but if you truly wanted that extra armor you could achieve an additional 2% (yeah yeah I know..) with the same number of points. And of course you get the added flexibility of not requiring an extra node for armor + opening up the possibility of getting diamond skin (which you've done already.. but I felt like I had to explain myself).

Also if you wanted to you could grab Doom Cast (60%Crit Chance) next to EB, and pick up your int along the way.
Last edited by iono on Mar 9, 2013, 6:45:39 AM
"
iono wrote:
"
Fenric wrote:
"
TaloLegend wrote:

%Evasion/Armor are the same thing as %Armor with Iron Reflexes, so 10 > 8

Source: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Iron_Reflexes

So yes, I know I lost the Armor/Evasion node, but if you truly wanted that extra armor you could achieve an additional 2% (yeah yeah I know..) with the same number of points. And of course you get the added flexibility of not requiring an extra node for armor + opening up the possibility of getting diamond skin (which you've done already.. but I felt like I had to explain myself).

Also if you wanted to you could grab Doom Cast (60%Crit Chance) next to EB, and pick up your int along the way.

Yeah, I had Doom Cast originally. It was one of the things I reset to get to Iron Reflexes. I feel like I still crit fairly often without it, and I don't have any spell crit gear. I find my damage is already plenty high, with bear traps for high hp mobs like rare golems, bears, some bosses, etc.

Regarding the 8% armor/evasion vs. 10% armor nodes, it would depend on how everything gets calculated with Inner Force, Grace, and Determination.

I've also heard Byrr say a few times he did look into it and found that going with armor/evasion gear would result in a higher armor value than pure armor.

It makes me curious, but I'm content enough with the build and how much armor I have at the moment. That might change when I get to do 70+ maps again though.
My new build after the free respec:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAdwFLQx9Dq0QfxXnGNsaVRv6HNwhYCQ8Jd8mlSepKPoppSpbLUcwdTWGOrM64UCgQYdDnEZxR35JUUp9TeNQQlVLWm1br2BLYSFlTWegbXtuaXOzdO108XgNeLp6uHrvf8aCHoLHhNmE74d2iPGMNo1-kyeVIJrMnaqfe6KjpBmmV6dcqW6sWay6rpO0DLVItfK3PriTuc28n76Kvqe-u8APwfPEuMaexq7NmNIZ0k3UGdVP1fjW0dsL3Q3ed-Ha4urjn-dj6-7vhvBr8XbyRfzF_gr-jw==

I got 200 HP and 400 DPS cause of the duelist revamp. And as it seems its worth to get reduced mana cost for me cause it reduces my 6L EK cost by 5 mana/5%.

After I get 2 more levels I will get the other 2 x 8% projectile dmg node for ~300 dps.
IGN: benkitteh
Last edited by benkitteh on Mar 11, 2013, 8:15:34 AM
"
benkitteh wrote:
My new build after the free respec:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAdwFLQx9Dq0QfxXnGNsaVRv6HNwhYCQ8Jd8mlSepKPoppSpbLUcwdTWGOrM64UCgQYdDnEZxR35JUUp9TeNQQlVLWm1br2BLYSFlTWegbXtuaXOzdO108XgNeLp6uHrvf8aCHoLHhNmE74d2iPGMNo1-kyeVIJrMnaqfe6KjpBmmV6dcqW6sWay6rpO0DLVItfK3PriTuc28n76Kvqe-u8APwfPEuMaexq7NmNIZ0k3UGdVP1fjW0dsL3Q3ed-Ha4urjn-dj6-7vhvBr8XbyRfzF_gr-jw==

I got 200 HP and 400 DPS cause of the duelist revamp. And as it seems its worth to get reduced mana cost for me cause it reduces my 6L EK cost by 5 mana/5%.

After I get 2 more levels I will get the other 2 x 8% projectile dmg node for ~300 dps.

I tried grabbing HP from the templar side with a similar build, but this is probably ideal right now. Moving mana flows really messed with my old build.
Can I ask why no chain or fork ? Thought they were mandatory? :s
Reached lvl70 yesterday after rerolling to this build last weekend.

Current gear:

Spoiler

Pretty bad gear atm :(. Which items should I upgrade first?

IG: ZereEK
Is it worth it investing in a good Rathpith Globe (unique spirit shield) for this build? Or maybe a Magnate belt since I see a lot of EK shadows using it?
i invested alot to get both and it's really good working for me.. after having some fun with an ele cleaver i just made 80 now and my gear and build looks like:

Gear:
Spoiler

i switch head with
Spoiler
for casting grace and disciplin with life (~300) - you can also run clarity on life if needed! so i use purity, determination, hatred and clarity on mana and i can use EK 5L without any problems.

facts:
- 3537(3831) Life (294 reserved)
- Resis 78%
- 12.867 Armor ~50% Reduction (77% with Granite)
- 5,8k EK Dmg (+33% Projectile Weakness and pierce ^^)
- 19k Beartraps (using MF for Rares/Bosses)

My Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAdwFLQx9Dq0QfxXnFvMY2xpVG_oc3CFgIxgkPCXfJjwmlSepKPoppSq6LUcvnTB1NYY6szrhQKBBh0OcRnFHfklRSn1N41BCVUtabVuvYEthIWVNZ6BuaXOzdO108XgNeLp6uHrvf8aCHoLHhNmE74Vth3aI8Yw2jRyTJ5Ugmsydqp65n3uio6QZplenXKlurFmuk7QMtfK31riTuc2-ir6nwA_B88S4xp7STdVP1e3V-NsL3Q3ed-Ha4urr7vBr_MX-jw==

i will take the 30% Armor Node next, followed by the 3x 8% Projectile Dmg at Duelist Start
IGN: Maphan_Meep
Last edited by TaloLegend on Mar 26, 2013, 6:59:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info