Resolute Technique

I see most Strength based melee builds taking Resolute Technique. Could someone explain the reasoning for this? Crits seem good...

At later levels with a lowish dex do we just miss too often?
"
StarSloth wrote:
I see most Strength based melee builds taking Resolute Technique. Could someone explain the reasoning for this? Crits seem good...

It's mostly due to life leech. Not hitting = not living, especially when you use blood magic, you literally dump life and if you miss you waste it. (in the beginning anyway)

Mauraders don't have many dex or crit nodes so it's harder to build a crit build, plus it's nice to not have to worry about missing, especially in HC.
Last edited by FullBeans on Jan 25, 2013, 3:45:50 PM
"
StarSloth wrote:

It is a trade off. For where Marauders start, it is really easy to get to Resolute Technique. You can do it in as little as 9 points. The build below, however, almost all Marauder builds are going to be just like this in the beginning (lots of HP/regen) and then they tend to branch north (more HP/regen from Templar).

So going from that transition, a 100% hit skill is only 3 talent points away. Those 3 talent points are extremely enticing because if you want to do a crit build, you are going to spend a lot more than 3 on crit damage, crit chance, and also accuracy so you don't miss.

Those points wasted can be spent branching out further for more resistance, armor, HP, regen, etc.

That is why a lot of Marauder builds take Resolute Technique. Sure you won't have big crit numbers, but if you build right, your extra points go a long way at improving your character.

Last edited by hoiland on Jan 25, 2013, 3:43:18 PM
"
StarSloth wrote:

To reitate, Maras have a difficult time stacking accuracy + crit chance + crit damagae (sometimes) + survivability. Resolute Technique is extremely powerful for many reasons but for me its the fact that my crit is so abysmally low and my accuracy is mediocre it doesn't matter whether i crit or not... I'd rather have consistancy and reliable life steal. This game is all about trade offs and passive keystones are the best example of this.

In addition to whats already been stated, with Marauders, you want to focus pretty much everything on Strength. If you were to do that without RT, you would begin to miss A LOT in the later levels. Not having RT means we have to sacrifice strength for dex, and anyway, not having to worry about misses (being as hard hitting as we are) makes life easier.
Last edited by Denode on Jan 25, 2013, 4:22:32 PM
Melee builds typically don't get any crit from passives. There are almost none in the marauder area of the tree, and they also have to focus so much on defensive stats that most builds wouldn't take crit passives even if they were readily available. As such, melee builds tend to have the base 5% crit or whatever, with no additional crit damage or anything. Might as well take Resolute Technique then and never have to worry about accuracy. You even get 100% hit chance like that whereas the normal cap is 95%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info