Extreme FPS drop at Piety (Ice-arrow)

I usually don't have FPS drop and that is what makes it very strange, the last fight at Piety gives me a huge amount of FPS drop when we are fighting as a party.

I had around 50fps throughout the fight but when she start shooting her ice-arrows it drops below 10 in fps.

This only happens at Piety and nowhere else. Of course I can have some smaller fps drops when there are a lot going on but then it is usually to around 30.

My GPU is ati hd6870 and I have updated drivers.
IGN: Tiamos
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have the exact same problem.

Usually I am hovering around 100-120fps. During this fight I was dropped down to 2-10. I was forced to find a party to kill her. However, even then with my party members effects (had two Rangers), I was given the same FPS when they were using their skills.

Judging by OP, I'm assuming this is a problem with ATI...yet again.
Last edited by tangosmango on Jan 28, 2013, 1:43:19 AM
ATI card here. Also have extreme lag when ice arrows from Piety explode. Otherwise I am sitting around 60 fps.
What's good is often forgotten, what's bad is often hidden.
push!
same here. maps with a buddy of mine who uses iceshot (lmp,chain) is so bad. 2 fps all the way :/

€: ATI card user
Last edited by DCnB on Feb 6, 2013, 3:39:37 AM
"
tangosmango wrote:
I have the exact same problem.

Usually I am hovering around 100-120fps. During this fight I was dropped down to 2-10. I was forced to find a party to kill her. However, even then with my party members effects (had two Rangers), I was given the same FPS when they were using their skills.

Judging by OP, I'm assuming this is a problem with ATI...yet again.

Was doing piety last night when we had like 3 elemental archers with Ice and Poison and Fire effects

Lets just say, it was like being LSD all over again, just a lot slower
ati here too, only it's not just piety.

Looks like it's about anything that's "blueish and transparent" that does it to me.

Too many mobs at the docks? Down from 50fps to 1. Piety uses lightening orb/ice arrows? Down from 50fps to 1.

I hope when they put the update out that preloads effects it won't be as bad, but if that doesn't fix it I don't know why only a few particle effects do it.
I have the same issues and yes I have an ATI card as well the HD 6870. Frankly its annoying as all get out however it seems like I can mitigate the issue a bit by changing my processor affinity from dual to only using one processor on my actual processor.

However being able to change particle affects as video options would be nice and may help alleviate the issue.
same
Xbox 360- Isonul
PoE- Isonul (social char)
Pm me anytime :)
same here. i just dropped to ~10% health on hardcore because of the low FPS during pietys frost form. lucky i didn't die.

more graphic options to lower those (particle)effects would be nice (this does seem more like a bug though).
performance > graphics.
Last edited by Sureiya on Feb 15, 2013, 8:19:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info