crackling audio issue

Hi, I am experiencing crackling in the audio(everywhere, town and levels). It seems start after running the game for some time. I don't know if its related, but my laptop is heating up(and shut down once).

I am playing on an Acer laptop, Win7 with an on-board sound card. My drivers are up to date and I don't experience this issue when the app isn't running

I have searched the forum, and found only one other post, it was from last Sept, and reference to the closed beta version. If anyone has an suggestions for fix workaround I would be grateful.

Otherwise I really like the game. Thanks GGG. :-)
Last bumped on Jun 1, 2018, 4:05:12 PM
I'm having the same crackling issues. I played the game for an hour or so and the audio was fine now anytime I play the game it starts crackling on spell cast / melee combat.
I get the same but almost every other sound appears crackling and very high pitched, making it almost unbearable to play. SOme sounds, like ingame menu sounds for "OK" work, the "dunking" sound, but when I opt to not click OK, it makes a static crackling .. Fireball spell likewise, but not the standard ranged attack form the wand.. I wonder why?

I have a soundblaster X-Fi fatal1ty I think..
I also get a crackling sound, but it affects all of the sound on my computer. If left unchecked, and even after the game is closed, I lose sound completely. I have to uninstall my sound driver, reboot the computer and let it reinstall the driver, then shut down completely and reboot for sound to come back.

Never had this issue before, and I have gone 2 days now not playing PoE - no sound issues.

System Specs:
-------------
Win7 64-bit, EVGA X58 SLI LE mobo w/ onboard sound, Intel i7 920 (2.67 GHz), evga geforce gtx 275, 6MB Corsair XMS PC3200 RAM
Last edited by Dienasti on Jan 28, 2013, 10:18:06 PM
Im also having this problem. It's REALLY a fun killer. PLZ fix this, the game is no fun if u have to play without sound...
I have this issue. Originally, I thought it was supposed to be the crackling sound from fires. And then I realized I was getting it in caves where there was no fire to be found anywhere. It is an annoyance.
OK so I noticed you had an Asus laptop just like mine and I had the same issue. Turned off the sonic focus utility from the tray and just like magic everything is fixed. I hope you guys fix your sound as well.
I have a constant crackling/static sound whenever I enter the game. It is not in the menu screen however. I didnt notice it in the beginning so I think it might have come after some playing time. It is very annoying. You should look into it please.

I have a creative audigy 2zs sound card.
"
Thygesan wrote:
I have a constant crackling/static sound whenever I enter the game. It is not in the menu screen however. I didnt notice it in the beginning so I think it might have come after some playing time. It is very annoying. You should look into it please.

I have a creative audigy 2zs sound card.

Same with me as well. No issues at Desktop. Start up PoE and I get horrible static that is constant, it does not crack or change, one static sound nonstop.

There is some text in the login window that looks like bug data. How can I get that to Devs?
Same issue here: crackling sounds, especially in act 3, even in areas with low or no lag.

I think I've not been able to listen even once 3rd act music without this very annoying unwanted "effect"...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info