Community PvP Movement

For the time I have played PoE, I enjoyed playing the game through and through (even the late game maps are pretty great), but I found PvP to be an interesting aspect of the game. With the addition to the new Dueling system, its a huge leap forward for PvP'ers. However I feel like there should be a standard for PvP and here is where the community is to come in and help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do want to promote this post:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/728831

As a precedent for how duels are to be done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~*Precedents for Future Duels*~

1) Level 34 or Under
2) Use of an ELO System to show Players Ranking
3) Use of Global Chat #888
4) Set location in Act 3 Normal by Grigor or Top of Steps
5) No Facebreakers, Strapped Mitts!

Here are some points that I wish to address on this post.

1) Do you think there should be a set level for PvP enthusiasts?

Spoiler

Explanation: The reason I ask this is that LvL28 Pvp doesn't have enough options, in terms of builds, due to the lack of PSP (Passive Skill Points) available. On the other hand, open PvP is imba too in my opinion due to the fact that most builds are geared and built toward PvE rather than PvP(for several builds). It also takes quite some time to get to the open PvP bracket and the fact that you can face a lvl 100 when you're 60 makes no sense. This being said the new dueling system lets you duel at any level.

Suggestion: I feel a good level to have duels competitively is 34. The reasoning behind 34(To be changed) is that you have a lot more skill points available to you through quests (in Normal and Cruel) and you gain access to 31 actives/supports. Any higher than 34 (i.e having competitive PvP at 40) causes a lot of imbalances because you gain access to Merciless difficulty with the chance to get more skill points (by active leeching) and more skill points. It also brings up the issue whether to have duels in Cruel or Merciless.

2) Supporting an ELO System

Spoiler

Promoting the use of an ELO System by OP - PoERanks
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/728831

I would like to point out that the ELO system will work quite nicely due to the huge amount of build possibilities that can be created with all of the available PSP/Base Items/Uniques that become available (this is based on the Level 34 System). It causes players to want to duel more, which gives incentive to the community to find the best possible builds/gear for their characters.

3) Increasing the Market

Spoiler

Have anyone found something that was great for leveling that you knew you couldn't sell because it was for a higher level, but didn't want to vendor because it was so good? Increasing the demand for gear around this level will promote people who find that GG piece of armor/weapon/accessory will be rewarded. In addition, it's very easy to acquire as well through Piety and such so it won't ever be too much of a problem(I hope).

4) PvP Tag to Promote PvP

Spoiler

Exposure is huge in getting an idea or concept across to people. Without people knowing something, how exactly will they know it even exists? I'm sure many people are aware of the PvP aspect of the game, but at the same time they believe it is pretty horrible. With the new system, I have confidence that PvP is viable. It is something that is optional to players of course, but people will not opt to suddenly want to PvP without a little push!

Clan Tag is going to be a huge indicator of a player's Identity (aside from their actual IGN), but because this is a community based movement I'm suggesting all players interested in this movement to use a tag that is part of their IGN.

This is definitely up for suggestion, but I'm going to suggest the use of "PVP" or "pvp". I wish you were allowed to use numbers, but regardless suggest possible tags for this movement. I really want to make this a thing to try and make it bigger.

5) Dueling Location & Matchmaking

Spoiler
This is going to be difficult if the precedent level exceeds 34, but I do believe players should duel in Normal and here is why: Looking for gear with the best stats and good resistances is beyond a struggle and very costly. This is up for discussion too, but I stand strongly for having duels in Normal. In addition, I also suggest players meet up in Act 3 Normal because Act 1 Normal is basically for trading.

For Matchmaking, since there isn't exactly a Queue-system for players (following these standards) here is my suggestion for what players can do before it is implemented.
>Create a Party seeking to duel with your current rating:
i.e. pvpProbFarming Seeking Duel 1v1 Rating 800.
The player then joins the party and goes to Eternal Laboratory (for example), leave the party and then duel.
>Players stand by Grigor in Act 3 Normal or on the top of the Steps before they enter the Sarn Encampent.
>Join Global Chat #888 <http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/728831>

6) No Facebreakers!

Spoiler
Because this is done in Standard League, Facebreakers before the nerf are available and are beyond overpowered so no unarmed builds should be allowed. I don't really see any reason to allow it unless a majority of players feel it isn't as power as I think it is.
*Note* I am aware that there are the nerfed Facebreakers available as well, but it won't be easy to track players using it so I'm just going to ask players avoid FB Builds.

7) Flask Recovery

Spoiler
I feel flasks should stay the way they are now; not refilled after each battle. I feel that it requires the player to be smart on what Flasks to have in their belt and how much to use. There is also a benefit of having Flasks refilled too, but I feel it's good as it is now. I only mention it for the sake of it existing.

>I will edit this post as more ideas come, but this is all I can think of now<

Thanks for reading and I do hope to see players who enjoy playing this game enjoy the PvP aspect just as much as I do. Please post comments regarding each section labeling your comment toward a specific topic. Do play Devil's Advocate! It makes perfecting this system to be better by potentially solving all types of problems that become evident. There will be troll posts, but please stay on topic. Thanks again.
" The reason I ask this is that LvL28 Pvp doesn't have enough options, in terms of builds, due to the lack of PSP (Passive Skill Points) available. "

This is an opinion and i believe it to be completely false!

BUt you're right about facebreakers. Legacy facebreakers are disgustingly overpowered, 500% pd would still make breakers potentially the best build
raising lvl cap to 31 or above would result in some skills being totally op because of concentrated effect. I think you have never really played lld 28 thats the only reason i can think of coming up with a lvl 34 cap suggestion.

i agree with facebreaker but completely removing them isn't cool either.

they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
"
exmse wrote:
" The reason I ask this is that LvL28 Pvp doesn't have enough options, in terms of builds, due to the lack of PSP (Passive Skill Points) available. "

This is an opinion and i believe it to be completely false!

BUt you're right about facebreakers. Legacy facebreakers are disgustingly overpowered, 500% pd would still make breakers potentially the best build

If you ask me, Sword Block builds dominate level 28 PvP. I've tried Tanky Temporal Chains + Glacial Hammer builds or Stun builds (which evidently isn't that good) to counter it and it's pretty difficult. A 1-hit-ko Geofri's build is also countered by TC and makes it almost impossible to beat. I really don't see too many build options because of how it scales compared to other abilities.

"
Funcrusher wrote:
raising lvl cap to 31 or above would result in some skills being totally op because of concentrated effect. I think you have never really played lld 28 thats the only reason i can think of coming up with a lvl 34 cap suggestion.

i agree with facebreaker but completely removing them isn't cool either.

The whole point of leveling past 31 was to introduce the level 31 gems into the play. A lot of people say FB isn't good, but I also hear that it is pretty easily countered. Need more feedback on that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info