Any thoughts on getting intelligence to use the better spells (Using Blood Magic)

So I'm at a real fork in the road right now in my tree .

I want to get blood magic but I also know that I'm going to get intel (I was thinking nodes) to use the higher level spells .

I'm going health/regen/AOE style rauder .

Do you guys think it's worth it or am I screwing myself ?
"
Maikky wrote:

I want to get blood magic but I also know that I'm going to get intel (I was thinking nodes) to use the higher level spells .

It would be helpful to see a link for your tree but it sounds like a difficult build to pull off especailly at low levels. You may need to use a traditional Mara build until you get gear and passives (int) to support spells. You will need int in the tree but you should probably aim for +30 nodes.

"
Cruxation wrote:
"
Maikky wrote:

It would be helpful to see a link for your tree but it sounds like a difficult build to pull off especailly at low levels. You may need to use a traditional Mara build until you get gear and passives (int) to support spells. You will need int in the tree but you should probably aim for +30 nodes.

Here's what I'm looking at, http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEBwUtCygUTRkuGlUabB8CJIsn1SftKU82ujbFNug6UjrYPAU9Dz1fRmlQUFJTVElVtVcNWGNYr18_YEthIWSjbpd07XrvfLt9U4M4hO-Mz5eVl_SdgJ2uns2f36IApwinMLndxFjE9sWKxtjSIdSP2CTZYd0F37_kIudS7DjvDu988B_ynPZI

Currently, i'm at the point where I can go up towards the intel tree or down towards blood magic .

The problem that is bugging me is that int gives mana which I'm not going to use .

I know it's not going to be the best build ever but I at least want to know if it's doable .
Last edited by Maikky on Jan 25, 2013, 9:24:26 AM
Hm you will definitely have life problems and a build like this absolutley requires life steal support gem. I really don't think its worth getting the radius node in the witch tree without having others nodes to get by traveling that far. Also, the "+10 life on kill" nodes and the surrounding ones are not good and should be left out. I would need to know what skills you're planning on using to help.

"
Cruxation wrote:
Hm you will definitely have life problems and a build like this absolutley requires life steal support gem. I really don't think its worth getting the radius node in the witch tree without having others nodes to get by traveling that far. Also, the "+10 life on kill" nodes and the surrounding ones are not good and should be left out. I would need to know what skills you're planning on using to help.

Can you give spells lifesteal ? I was going to get Lighting Warp + Frost Nova or Shock Nova, maybe some auras .

I'll take those life 10s out, I was thinking that on my way to the AOE increase, the small ints could help me to get the max int to level up all my skills all the way .
Last edited by Maikky on Jan 25, 2013, 8:42:35 PM
"
Cruxation wrote:
"
Maikky wrote:

What the OP suggests is exactly what I'm doing with my HC character. The trick is to use 2handers until you can't support the accuracy anymore. I swapped over to spells in Cruel in the second half of act 1. I'll link my current build and note that I went and got blood magic first.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEADjwUIBRNFHEZLho4J-0pLilPOlI9_FBHUFBXDVhjWfNfP2BteuZ8uH1TgpuDOIwGjM-QVZ2Ans2iAKSspzCnhKyqud3AGsbY0iHUfNSP2WHdBd-_52rsOO8O73zyL_ZI

Also would note that I do not use life leech support on my primary attack. when In groups and not being attacked I can drop a rejuv totem and that will more then make up for my spam, and when solo I just make liberal use of my sapping flasks.

I use Firestorm supported by Con Effect in a scepter that gives +1 to fire spells. I would later like to add Iron will for this. I also use Molten Shell. Firestorm is my go to even for single target damage. Its good but not obviously not the best single target. In the process of leveling up fireball to make it my single target dps spell. Molten shell is great for aoe and I will likely retire my firestorm to aoe down casters who cant proc molten shell.

The following would be my late end game spec.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEADjwUIBRNFHEZLho4J-0pLilPOlI9_FBHUFBXDVhjWfNfP2BteuZ8uH1TgpuDOIwGjM-QVZ2Ans2iAKSspzCnhKyqud3AGsbY0iHUfNSP2WHdBd-_52rsOO8O73zyL_ZI
Last edited by Lionguild on Jan 25, 2013, 9:52:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info