Stun - Question

Hi Boys / Girls :)

I was wondering how does Stun work in this game?

Can i do anything to effect how often im going to stun?

And what does The stun duration do? Increases the time the mobs are stunned??

- Thx ClopperN
Hi,

I would advise you read the Mechanics thread :)

"
Stuns
Whenever a player or monster takes damage, there is a chance they will be stunned. A stun interrupts whatever that creature was doing while a brief animation is played. The default length of stuns is 350ms. The duration of stuns can be altered by increased block and stun recovery, increased stun duration, and similar modifiers.
For increased block and stun recovery modifiers, the formula used is:
350 * (100 / ( 100 + increased recovery) )

The formula used for determining whether or not a stun occurs is:
stun_chance = 200 * damage / defender_effective_max_life

Where defender_effective_max_life is the maximum life of the creature being hit. Increases to monster life from a party of more than one player do not affect defender_effective_max_life.
For a player with Chaos Inoculation, their defender_effective_max_life is whatever their max life would be if they did not have Chaos Inoculation.
Reduced stun threshold modifiers reduce the value of defender_effective_max_life. For example, 25% stun threshold reduction means you treat their maximum life as only 75% as much as it actually is, meaning you stun them easier.

If the stun chance would be less than or equal to 25%, it's ignored, so you need to deal more than 12.5% of effective maximum life to have a chance to stun.

Read it before you ask another question :p
Prior to open beta, I built a hammer marauder with focus on stun and it is exceedingly awesome. I was pleased with how easy it is to get a consistent and effective stun effect in combat. Spend a few points here, a few points there, and the next thing you know, anything you touch is suddenly very interested in staring off into space, contemplating the severe ass whooping you are providing to them until they keel over dead from said ass whooping.

Why is stun good?? Here is a list of things they are not doing while they are stunned:

- defending themselves
- moving
- setting you on fire
- breaking your neck
- stealing your lunch money
- freezing you into a hero-sicle
- dipping you in acid

. . .you get the idea.

To illustrate how stun can work for you, here is a chart comparing stun chance (vertical axis) to the percentage of an opponent's maximum life an attack inflicts (horizontal axis).

The quick and dirty way to determine how effective your stun will be is to determine your 100% stun chance point. You can determine your 100% stun chance point using the following equation:

100% stun chance point = 50% - (your Reduced Stun Threshold value / 2)

So, if you have a Reduced Stun Threshold value of 24%, you will have a 100% chance to stun your opponent if you deal 38% or more of the opponent's maximum life in one attack. From there, the math is geometric: 19% is half of 38% and gives you a 50% chance, 9.5% gives you a 25% chance to stun and 28.5% gives you a 75% chance to stun.

Furthermore, a Reduced Stun Threshold value of 82% would give you a 100% chance to stun if you deal 9% or more of an opponent's maximum life. Considering that it is fairly easy to get well over 1000 milliseconds (one second) of "DERRRRRRRRRP!!" out of your opponents with stun by investing in passive skills and the right items, this is a pretty attractive arrangement.
you say 1 second stuns, is that with the 2h 40% (crantum crusher), 15%+15%, and 15% duration passives?

I am running 2h mace, and because my attack speed is not that great compared to 1h, I am thinking I need to grab those duration passives. But cant find anywhere mention of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info