I wish Guild Wars 2 had more depth

So because this seems like a pretty rational community in here I wanted to see if anyone is as disappointed with Guild Wars 2's core mechanics as much as I am.

Looking at Path of Exile's gameplay I can see so many things that just work right and make sense. In Guild Wars 2, it always felt like the game was too complex but simply did not have enough depth. I could never play my character the way I wanted to.

Anyone else agree with me? General thoughts on Guild Wars 2? I haven't logged in for like three months (Guild Wars is my favorite game btw)
I loved GW1. Loved the way skills worked and how they could be combined. Each class felt so different while maintaining endless possibilities. Love the art style. The pace of the game (no jumping, no "action"). Instanced quests, no waiting at one bush until the berries you have to collect respawn (i hate that so much in mmorpgs).
Setting your build to prepare for a quest was like gearing up an making thousands of skills work together for you. You had to manage life and mana.
My most loved class was the mesmer, totally messing up the enemys resources. :-D Everything was so unique and worked so well.

But now, GW2 is just an mmorpg. Nearly everything that made GW1 great is completely gone or reduced to a mere shadow. They have crafting. And grinding. And weapong depending skill presetes.

I have no idea why they have done this.
I feel the same way! My favorite class was a monk. I actually loved healing and supporting other players. When I found out the Guardian in Guild Wars 2 would be nothing like this... I was sort of shocked to be honest.

I remember discovering that I could take my character to 55 HP and then apply Protective Spirit and the HP regen would negate any damage. OH MY LORD THE FARMZ!

Really miss Guild Wars. Every time I think about the game I get nostalgia bombs.
I really was excited for GW2 coming from SW:TOR I was really hoping that it would be the next big thing we could just get lost in me and my guild.

Honestly though it just didn't have the staying power for me. I didn't do dungeons because I didn't care what my armor looked like, WvWvW was fun, but most of the time it was just following the zerg, and the story was not very fun. I mean I came from SW:TOR which say what you will, but it had a damn good story.

These factors resulted in my playing 1-80 over the course of 3 months and then dropping it playing very infrequently. Mainly I'm looking into Archeage and the new Elder Scrolls MMO(not expecting to much there) It just seems like the current MMOs don't have anything worth staying around after the level cap.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
"
Zidjian wrote:

These factors resulted in my playing 1-80 over the course of 3 months and then dropping it playing very infrequently. Mainly I'm looking into Archeage and the new Elder Scrolls MMO(not expecting to much there) It just seems like the current MMOs don't have anything worth staying around after the level cap.

And they are all the same. So similar mechanics, crafting system and all the same boring quests. It seems not to matter what mmorpg you play. Too bad.

"
I feel the same way! My favorite class was a monk. I actually loved healing and supporting other players. When I found out the Guardian in Guild Wars 2 would be nothing like this... I was sort of shocked to be honest.

I remember discovering that I could take my character to 55 HP and then apply Protective Spirit and the HP regen would negate any damage. OH MY LORD THE FARMZ!

Really miss Guild Wars. Every time I think about the game I get nostalgia bombs.

It was so great. Played a monk two (also for farming) and it was fun, although i never quite got the hang of it. Mesmer was the coolest by far. :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info