Suggestions forum

I hate to say this, but I think the devs should start ignoring about 90% of the suggestions forum topics for now.

Before open beta, I don't remember so many complaints and pleas for changing the slightest things in the game. What is more interesting is that, most of these requests seem to be the kind that the newer generation of gamers (the entitled and gimme-the-reward-NOW kind) want, which also happen to be the kind that the older generation frowns upon.

A few examples:

1. I want to be able to compare stats on an item (with my equipped item) when I highlight it on the ground.
This can only happen if the affixes on an item are severely dumbed down and linear like Diablo 3's system. With PoE's rich itemization, comparing items is really not feasible.

2. The waypoints/monsters/level entrances are not clear. Make them more obvious
How about a huge penguin hoarding next to each waypoint/level entrance? That would probably appease them. For real, if someone cannot see the obvious blue colored marker on the map indicating the waypoint (or orange colored marker indicating the level entrance), they should not be playing this game.

3. I want an easy way to reset ALL my skill points.
Another ez-win idea. In D2, we made mistakes in builds, and made new characters and learnt from them. That was a part of the replayability, and it added to how careful we were when it came to decision making when allocating a stat/skill point.

4. Microtransaction prices are way too high
I'm sure they must have missed the part where the microtransaction features are completely optional, and that they can play the entire game, for free, without any of those. But NO, they have to complain and whine about those as well. Another hand-me-everything-now idea.

I could keep going, but I was disgusted by that forum and closed it out. Honestly, before the Open Beta, the forums were much, much cleaner, and I actually enjoyed reading several of the "Suggestions" since they were meaningful suggestions with a lot of thought put behind them. The current ones are all "gimme this cuz i want it" type of suggestions.

/rant

EDIT: Another typical example: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73073
Last edited by Ashwin on Jan 24, 2013, 4:58:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info