LS 2H Sword Build Critique

Yeah, I know, the LS build question. I was honestly leaning more towards a hybrid s/s shield bash build to play with the group I'm with, but instead I have been nudged towards the LS route due to the group.

Anyways I still think I'm going to enjoy this a lot. I just want some input on how my build fairs. I can't recall where using 79 points puts me (I believe it to be around level 70 with bandit points), but this is what I have so far and my reasoning. This is a softcore character as I am waiting to understand the game more before I delve into HC. This is most likely why the character may seem a bit squishy(Hopefully not).

The build:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLQaiBu4OrRDwFCAUdRfcGNsZLiECIVUhYCfVJ-0otSkuKaUx-zIJMn40NTTyNug5DjpSOnE9_ECgQ5xQR1BQVbVWBFhjWK9dAF8_YIhhUmMXZ5tuqnTxd2J4DXuMfLiGYIzPl3CeuZ7Nn8unMKluqXOvorXyud3BBMEHwdjEWMT2xtjQR9RS1I_Xftw937_vDu9O8i_z3fZI974=

Thought process:
Skip Resolute technique. - Yeah I know it might be one of the best keystones, but I feel like If I never have a chance to crit that I'm going to weep every night in the corner of my room.

All resists. - Went a little out of the way to pick these up, but with no chaos damage resist around and the scaling debuff to all resist with difficulty levels I figured it would be nicely spent.

Heavy into sword dmg/speed.

Passed on point blank. - Honestly I feel that so far in gameplay I don't always find myself in the front lines eating hits when I don't need to. And honestly sometimes when I get up close I prefer sweep. SO I passed.

Any thoughts? I take constructive criticism well and really would like to know if the build just went south somewhere or I missed something in my late night haze.
Your build seems to be lacking in health and attack speed. Also you do not need the extra 6 to all resist. 30 to all resist is just fine, you can get the rest from gear.
This is what i would change your build too.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxth7jFhjIQJQUCr2jM8hVfZIOQ7cPTH7Xz_BBFRJVbXnUp7N7w6nMLndAef3vhQg8i826FBHr6JYrzpSEPB4Dd-_hmAX3KluVgQGorXyYVI6cW6qn8tgiDIJMn4ote9OXQBAoAUtIWBgS3TxwQd679RSGNueudd-dO0G7kOcNDWXcA6tYxcUdSmldEHB2Fb6iiLA83z1wKb8xWegh3ZKfQ==
Mmm, I really wanted to keep those two all resist nodes T_T
Wich gems you need to go for and wich stats?
"
ebuzola wrote:

I'm not sure I understand?
Really don't see why you wouldn't just invest the one point into point blank since you're so close to it.
"
Hylite wrote:
"
ebuzola wrote:

What are the other skill gems u use beside LS and heavy strike.
And, what are the core stats you need to lolok for on armor?
"
projarrod wrote:
Really don't see why you wouldn't just invest the one point into point blank since you're so close to it.

Most likely because I don't understand the mechanic because it's vague. I'm not 100% of the time on top of mobs in our group play and I don't exactly know what close/far away is. Please educate me though if you know so I can make this build better.

I also need to get more hp in there.
Last edited by Hylite on Jan 24, 2013, 8:20:27 PM
"
ebuzola wrote:
"
Hylite wrote:
"
ebuzola wrote:

What are the other skill gems u use beside LS and heavy strike.
And, what are the core stats you need to lolok for on armor?

Sorry,

Mostly LS/Heavy strike.

Core stats I was looking into was all resist, hp, sword % dmg/speed, and armor.
Last edited by Hylite on Jan 25, 2013, 12:23:35 PM
Would anyone suggest auras for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info