Ultimate AoF Spectral throw build? Suggestions wanted!!

So im reasonably new to the whole theory crafting thing but i recently came up with an idea (as i hadn't tried spectral throw yet) to use Avatar of Fire + spectral throw + Oro's Sacrifice... The whole plan revolves around building a semi-tanky character (could be either marauder or templar) with reasonably high life but generally rely on mobility and your spectral throw to kill things.

This is the Level 100 Build - as a rule of thumb whilst levelling i just wont be getting the fire damgae nodes until the last levels. I had a level 76 Templar with a full Respec so i specced straight into this build :D
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAecCcQSzBS0FWwYOCfYOPBQgFE0UcRZvFy8ZLho4GlUbyB0UHwIksCWtJwsn7SlPKaUqjTKJNsU22DboNuk62D38QKBDMUbXTdhOKlBHUFBUSVXGVdZXDVfiWGNZ81oaXcZeE18_YEthIWP9ZKNk52aeapNuaXKpdO12CHbnd-V673zZgKSCm4TvhtGHKYdli4yMdozPj0aQVZeFnC2euZ7Nn8uiAKcIpzCnhKyqr421BLZBud2-p8APwBrEuMbYz2XQ0NIh0k3Uj9Xt1fjYJNlh2t3hc-Nq5CLnUuw47FXtIO8O8i_z3fZI-tI=

I feel as though i was right in thinking the damage would be pretty good - currently im at 3.9k HP and about 3.3k DPS (this is without anger) and a lot of my gems are low level and my gear is getting there.

In terms of items i'm using Oro's Sacrifice, the new Kaoms heart (for the fire damage), Hrimnors resolve (+Fire and chill/freeze dodge which could be deadly for us), and i intend to get "The Taming" unique ring for the +damage to ignited and ignite chance as well as ele and weap ele damage making it an awesome dps addition.

So Oro's + the taming + flammability is 35-39% ignite chance on hit (depending on flams level), and every time we ignite we gain a frenzy charge meaning (when i respec my bandit reward [goodbye 20 regrets]) 5 Frenzy charges constantly up and as elemental damage is constant no matter the hit amount (unlike phys damage which scales with the single hit damage in regards to armour) the +APS is pure DPS increase. Also there's culling strike against ignited targets... :D

I'm linking to Spec throw, LMP, Weap ELE, Faster Attacks, Fire Pen, life leech/Mana leech depending on how DPS/survivability is looking.

Also in regards to single target if Spec throw isnt cutting it im thinking Heavy Blow OR Elemental hit, however im thinking Heavy blow will probably work better...

For Auras i hope to use Anger/determination, Purity of Fire and grace depending on armour levels (mitigation is needed due to extra damage taken from Oro's however we shouldn't be face tanking).

I would love to hear feedback and suggestions - anything to make the build stronger would be much appreciated!!

EDIT: i've decided to attempt to work a Arctic Armour into this build as i feel the survivability is definately needed due to the extra damage taken at the moment ists level 3... but ive chaged the passive tree slightly and will try and pick up some mana/regen - also im now running clarity on BM.
Last edited by sparky117 on Dec 27, 2013, 3:59:32 AM
Some things I noticed:

1) Avatar of Fire is useless with Oro's Sacrifice because there is no non-fire damage to convert.
2) You're going to get thrashed by elemental reflect. Elemental Adaptation and Purity of Fire are required.
3) The Immolation and Arsonist clusters aren't really needed IMO. Those points could be much better spent in defense/life instead.
4) The increased AoE nodes don't apply to Spectral Thow.
5) You take Iron Reflexes but you don't have anywhere near enough dex for level 20 Grace. I wouldn't bother with it and just run Determination + 6/7 endurance charges.

I would start with something like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQVbEmkS4RQgFE0UcRZvFxwXLxmFGjgaVRpsG_okqiXfJ-0pTy3SMn4yiTboNuk6UjrYQapG10d-TdhQR1XGVdZX4livWfNdxmBLYSFko2TnZU1uaXF5cql07Xbnd-V4DXrvfNmApIKbhNmE74cpi4yMdo9GkFWdrp7Nn8uiAKQZpwinMKeEq8WsqrUEvoq-p8APwBrEuM9l0NDSTdX42t3hc-Nq5CLsOO0g8B_z3fcy-Ov60g==

You could move into Marauder start if you want more life/regen... or go for the Scion life wheel. Spec out of the 2 +30 dex nodes when you get enough from gear. Level 20 Faster Attacks needs 109 dex.
Last edited by JumboMaverick on Dec 25, 2013, 11:44:07 AM
EDIT: I'm sorry to anyone who had read this thread previous to this edit but it appears i had linked some random build that was on my clipboard - oops! sorry and please review my ACTUAL build! thanks!

Thanks for your reply really appreciate it!!

1) Because of how the Passive tree was layed out i was getting Avatar Of Fire not out of necessity but so i could convert all of my ele damage that i would be gaining from trinkets (sorry i forgot to mention that for DPS i would be trying to get +ELE damage mods on jewlery) which for 1 skill point seems like a decent DPS bump.

2) ELE reflect were considered which is why i have elemental adaptation and i am running purity of fire, which with the added aura buffs SHOULD bring my fire res to something like 80+. This addded with the extra cap of +10% from a ruby flask should allow me to mitigate most of that damage.

3) I partially agree with you. At the moment i have left out all the fire damage nodes (as my Templar is only level 76) so i had just gone for life. however i do feel due to the extra HP from Kaoms and when im able to efficiently run Determination + Grace + Purity of Fire my mitigation and survivability will be taken care of allowing me to pick up those damage nodes. Again the Spectral throw is supposed to allow me to kite and not take many hits.

4) Thank you! i Hadn't even noticed that i had those on still. when intially making this build i was considering using infernal blow or a splash melee so you have just free'd up an extra skill point!

5) Due to my high green gem usage and an ease of gearing in regards to getting a high armour rating i find Iron Reflexes extremely helpful, and im unsure wheather i posted an old passive tree but the tree alone gives 154 DEX whilst Grace at level 20 alone needs 153. ill change the tree with the small changes ive made so far.

The build does go into marauder start for the life nodes etc. - Thank you for your feedback!

More critiquing is wanted with slightly updated version!!
Last edited by sparky117 on Dec 25, 2013, 6:59:53 PM
Friendly Bump - anyone see any improvements i could make???
even general thoughts on the build?
Yeap , AoF will be useful if you have more fire damage nodes tho , it will be deadly for Lava Lash ( 30% fire damage from weapon )

And.. I think you might need more attack speed ( won't be a problem if you have cool gears with atk speed )

You can try Flicker Strike ( I heard that its perfect for Oro's Sacrifice )

I think that running Anger , Wrath , Grace would be better . ( 3 aura )
If you don't have enough mana for spectral ,
Spectral Throw + WED + LMP + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic + Life Leech or Fire Penetration ( if you have high HP regen )

PS: Correct me if I'm wrong , I'm trying to build a Oro's Sacrifice AoF too. But thinking of some fun skills such as flicker , cleave ( bad damage but I think there's a solution ) and etc..

Opps :P

Oh ya ! or swap your helm to Alpha's Howl ( probably you can run 4-5 aura with this )
"
Crynite wrote:
Yeap , AoF will be useful if you have more fire damage nodes tho , it will be deadly for Lava Lash ( 30% fire damage from weapon )

And.. I think you might need more attack speed ( won't be a problem if you have cool gears with atk speed )

You can try Flicker Strike ( I heard that its perfect for Oro's Sacrifice )

I think that running Anger , Wrath , Grace would be better . ( 3 aura )
If you don't have enough mana for spectral ,
Spectral Throw + WED + LMP + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic + Life Leech or Fire Penetration ( if you have high HP regen )

PS: Correct me if I'm wrong , I'm trying to build a Oro's Sacrifice AoF too. But thinking of some fun skills such as flicker , cleave ( bad damage but I think there's a solution ) and etc..

Opps :P

Oh ya ! or swap your helm to Alpha's Howl ( probably you can run 4-5 aura with this )

I'm not sure theres many other fire nodes i can gain access too without sacrificing large amounts of survivability. Yer Attack speed is lacking on the Passive tree but i still think it will be ok once i have the 5 frenzy charges (25% ASP) and when i link it to faster attacks and have higher gem levels.

The problem i see with flicker strike for my build in particular is that not only does it have %phys increase on the gem which will be completely wasted but it is also going to put me in melee range with all the monsters. True ill be teleporting but the actual "aoe" effectiveness decreases substantially imo. flicker gives 125% base damage which is ok for burns though heavy strike gives 150% and the larger the hit that causes the burn the stronger the burn. I will chuck flicker on and see how i go though :)

wrath would give a large amount of extra fire damage 9-141 at level 20 but i am going to be putting survivability first and due to the 20% increased fire/phys damage taken from Oro's i feel purity of fire and determination are more necessary until i get better gear.

Yer once i have a 5L/6L on my Oro's mana shouldnt be a problem as ill use BM or mana leech (preferably BM so i can reserve nearly all my mana and pick up that third Aura).
^
Sad day...

Spoiler
I just spent about 20 Exalts trying to 6L my Oros :( i had 2 5L's but i wanted to push for the 6L... Heavy Days, Heavy days
Having played this build for a couple of hours now im beginning to think that THIS IS THE ULTIMATE AoF BUILD!?!?! haha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info