[1.0.4] Raiden - The Immortal Electric Marauder

This build is a massive tanky mage, based on strenght for Iron Will and Doon Cuebiyari, shocking all with storm call.

To Survive, i have all elemental resistences at max and chaos resistance at +49%, 15,4k armour. Aegis aurora replenishes energy shield by 4% of armour, its 616 energy shield per block, and i have 74% block chance with 64% block chance to spells. 3.900 Life and 1.688 ES, with a total of 5.588.

To Deal Damage, i use Doon Cuebiyari, a mace that gives cast speed, 1% damage per 8 strenght in main hand, more 70 strenght and supported iron will for my tempest shield, and Iron Will gem in the chest gives a nice damage with this amount of strenght. I have not much cast speed, cuz the more important is the damage that each storm call deal, when the first storm call get down and shock, the second have 30% bonus damage and can shock again, so the 3º storm call have 60% bonus damage and can shock again, the next storm calls deal the cap of 90% bonus damage. That is not maximized cuz the gems isnt 20/20, and one level of storm call really increase the damage.

The Concentrated effect reduces 30% Area of effect, thats why i have some nodes with increased area, you can also use increased area of effect gem, but i opted for more damage.

To do hard bosses, swap Elemental Weakness to Enfeeble.

PROS
- Massive Tanky, can stay afk in middle of monsters.
- Ranged, can cast storm call from any distance in screen.
- Doesn't use Kaom's Heart
- Doesn't use Soul Taker
- Endgame, can do any level monsters map with any suffixes including elemental reflect.
- Need no dexterity

CONS
- Hard to gear
- Storm call needs 1.5s to deal damage, so you have to worry with life leech.
- Sometimes is hard to hit with storm call, when the enemy is running is an example.

Gear&Gems

BANDITS
Normal: Help Oak, +40 HP

Cruel: Kill all.

Merciless: Kill all.
IGN: DKrod
Last edited by DarkMass on Dec 23, 2013, 10:20:06 PM
Good Build!

I'll do

i lost my e mail acess
this build should have more people talking about it

easy to gear, easy to level, great dps and utility, nearly unkillable, scales really well into end-game once you start being able to get some chaos resist.

70% storm call dmg from that scepter, (10% plus ~480/8 str) its a good option on a budget, but rares give more dmg. A dagger or wand also give crit chance and multiplier, which is always more dps even if you arent specced heavily in it. I included the 70 str from the scepter too, yes.

You should be running grace aura + IR for more armor and ES refresh, and possibly get some more es and / or hp. Too low for endgame.

AFKing in residence with aegis aurora is not impressive, everyone knows how good it is vs lots of small hits by now. You should tank a dominus smash crit to show off your immortality. If you cant at least take dominus smash without extra dmg, you arent even close to having a real tank immortal build.

Last edited by rhoasjustkilledmybaby on Jan 28, 2014, 5:25:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info