Lendo Kaar's Dual Strike Duelist

I'm going to preface this by saying that I am not in fact Lendo, and I have shot him a PM about this guide. If he wants me to I will take it down.

So yeah, there's a lot of blender guides on the forums but few guides about how to make a hardcore viable dual striker so I thought I'd post a guide on the build I've been following, which is based on the one that the #4 on the ladder, Lendo_Kaar, is using.

As for me, I'm currently level 86 with pretty average gear so by no means take this as the absolute pinnacle of this build. You could pretty easily double my dps with a better weapon and a couple more points.

So first off the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvDoufTBFYs
I don't fancy myself a great public speaker but I wanted this build to be pretty newbie friendly and so I thought adding a video where I can explain in detail how the build works.

The build revolves around 2 uniques:

However neither is nescessary to get started and can be seen as late game goals. I started this character with no funds and was able to progress quite easily while I saved currency for the endgame gear that I needed.

Almost all information can be found in the video I made so I will simply use this thread to add supplementary information.

Bandits

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Oak
Merciless: Oak

Stats

Offense

Offense with Hatred

Defense

Gear

Note that I have a chest equipped in the video, but it doesn't actually give any stats. I merely use it as a way to hold gems for leveling/swapping

Originally I ran a Jungle Valley to show off the build but my software bugged out. If this gets enough attention I can back and add some videos of some tougher maps.
Last edited by TechTML on Dec 22, 2013, 5:27:18 PM
Almost nothing to add, video contain 95% of what i want say about build, and i happy because i dont need to do guide by my self :D
But:
76.25% evade chance not 75%:P
Go to sovereignity through aura effect and take one 4% less mana reserved node, when your reduced mana high enough lvl. For a lot more armour and +1 max res for our purity of lighting.
Fell the weak and next 2 nodes gives a lot of armour also.

If you have 4%+ life leech from gear, you can go to ranger tree to get a little bit more dps with same life and 4% block.
Something like that:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2BFx2rxVeXR35gQWVNEdWE2b6nWNsl39JN7-NT3xv6wA9jcJuDpBk0kwHctkG-ik4qeA1brymlqW7dDWxGtfL8xXJsNZJW-megtxcyCf6PrFnuDod2OJZN44jx73oj9kp9plfnY9N-7_A64TGe_gpwclpI8kW3PgOHxq4brZVmPC3E9ift892sqnKpWfN82Vn-wBoX4ZBVZp5u2KeE-tIaODbpHRQXLySq42qPRmTnhtEZhdDQM5YksM9lcz-ApFXGQYwWb4TvdO1672BLBS1hIRLhbqpKyA==

Also Rilke(rank 2, and guy who tell me his dual strike dps after i culled him 360 1h axe and he bought soul taker :D hard to not switch to that build after that :D) run simular build but from marauder and use mings heart ring for blood rage(which gives 10% leech and frenzy charges) Can add his build later.

Build from ranger start:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037venBy7g4Dh1b6I_YbrZVm_MXv8N0NZ6C3F1pIW6-HdjiWTipKfSmltkE0k2Nw7-O-p9JNbmnAD4TZWNtT35uDhO907XrvYEsFLWEhEuEl3xv6pBkB3L6KeA2pbmxGcmwyCbXybqpKyDWS_o9N46ZXMZ464fJF_grnY4jxrFm3PsauPC3E9ift892sqnKpfNlZ81n-F-Fu2MAakFWnhBo4Zp760jbp42okqhmFFy9k54bRJLCApB0Uj0bQ0M9lVcYWbzOWcz9BjGVNR34=

My current build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wUtEdUS4RQgFHEWbxcdFy8XPhfhGYUaOBv6HRQkqiSwJd8nTyftKaUxnjIJM5Y0kzWSNug26TiWOuFBjEGqRmlHfkp9SshN404qUEdT31XGV5dYr1jbWfNZ_luvYEFgS2EhY3Bk52VNZadmnmegbEZuqm7YcmxyqXM_dO14DXrvfNmApITZhO-G0Yd2iPGPRpBVlZuZK5stm4OkGaZXpzCnhKluq8WsWayqtfK2QbcXvYG-ir6nwA_AGs9l0NDSTd0N4mHjaudj7-PxivJF8933Mve--Ov60vzF_gr-jw==

Last edited by LendoKaar on Dec 21, 2013, 10:10:19 AM
Hey thanks for the reply! Glad that the guide gets your stamp of approval. And yeah wow, didn't even think about dropping a mana reservation node. With how low my mana pool is I just assumed that I wouldn't be able to drop a node but yeah, I'll definitely have to check that out. I won't edit my original post as I'll just consider your post to be an extension of the guide.
I'm more interested in learning about the leveling and grinding for currency part, as I feel like if you're able to acquire those two expensive uniques... this type of build is probably already fairly obvious to you :P

most people doing this build would do a pseudo "basically the same build" for a long, long time before acquiring like 40 or so exalts. But how much of it is the same? etc
"
mallow wrote:
I'm more interested in learning about the leveling and grinding for currency part, as I feel like if you're able to acquire those two expensive uniques... this type of build is probably already fairly obvious to you :P

most people doing this build would do a pseudo "basically the same build" for a long, long time before acquiring like 40 or so exalts. But how much of it is the same? etc

I was farming piety in very efficient group for like 2-3 weeks, then get all items and start mapping.
How is this build compared to the also popular Aegis Aurora Soul taker frenzy build? I feel like that build would be much tankier without sacrificing too much dps, but I could be wrong.
"
How is this build compared to the also popular Aegis Aurora Soul taker frenzy build? I feel like that build would be much tankier without sacrificing too much dps, but I could be wrong.

I have tried using Soul Taker alone, and I don't recommend it. The DPS on it is pretty low and you'll definitely feel weak in groups. I feel it has more value as a support item then as an actual weapon.
Last edited by TechTML on Dec 21, 2013, 3:21:34 PM
Really? I've seen tons of people running Soul taker and shield for frenzy/cyclone, I guess this build is just a lot stronger.
Last edited by Shayd_ on Dec 21, 2013, 5:54:02 PM
"
Really? I've seen tons of people running Soul taker and shield for frenzy/cyclone, I guess this build is just a lot stronger.

Eh, it definitely works and it has power solo, I just felt like I wasn't carrying my own weight in groups compared to other high efficiency builds.
Ah okay, I see. Did you list what bandits you did and I missed it? I'm assuming Oak/Krait/Oak or Oak/Oak/Oak?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info