Need One-Handed Axe Build!

Ok, I've almost complete normal on my first character, and will soon have the Scion unlocked. Because her position in the skill tree makes her very interesting, I'm allready thinking about builds for a new character. I did quite some Googling, and found some interesting builds. However, they aren't the builds I'm looking for.

I want a Scion build that uses a one-handed Axe and a Shield as her main weapon setup. For the rest I am interested to see what can be build, and welcome any suggestions. The passive skill build above is nothing more than a very basic low level concept, but it might be a good point to start from. A Spectral Throw build probably isn't ideal as it works better with a two-handed weapon, and would take a lot of the melee out of the build. I was thinking about Trapping, but am not sure whether that would work passive skill wise. Below is an example of maxed out Axe and Blocking skills.

Last edited by Brazilski on Dec 20, 2013, 5:32:29 AM
Le Bumpe,..
Trapping could work, but would be done much better with a wand or a dagger. Your life will be somewhat low with the build you've posted. If you're playing in a softcore server, this wouldn't be too much of a problem. Try to get a bit more int to free up which gems you can use as well.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyjYTb68GaIDlpSg9MbkCG492mJFCgXTYENodDXWgwn56DGeRnGmV-GIOuFN4x2q8kX-j_4KNZK18qxZbqqpbojxSsh4DdE2bEa-ilivcmwB3EZp4mE26DIJpBkwd5WbAedko4cpG_plp5_LGlVkUuhmJd8m-GspYLswTz_8hNn_Ya5QwaMIscqQZU1uaVjb1BITTEd-vqdT375Wq8XSTZuDrK-VZ72BwA-E793jmSvV7XTtapN677ZBYEtDMU4qBS3S6luvdU4ppZSt3Q0RHmXwkAr8xWegh3ZKfUwy328=

This build utilizes the same amount of points. We add Unwavering Stance. You'll lose 5% chance to evade, but you'll gain immunity to block stun. We also added a couple int nodes to free up a lot of gems. Lastly, changed the placement of passive points a bit. You gain both more damage and more survivability.
Last edited by CommanderSauce on Dec 23, 2013, 6:22:59 AM
"
Trapping could work, but would be done much better with a wand or a dagger. Your life will be somewhat low with the build you've posted. If you're playing in a softcore server, this wouldn't be too much of a problem. Try to get a bit more int to free up which gems you can use as well.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyjYTb68GaIDlpSg9MbkCG492mJFCgXTYENodDXWgwn56DGeRnGmV-GIOuFN4x2q8kX-j_4KNZK18qxZbqqpbojxSsh4DdE2bEa-ilivcmwB3EZp4mE26DIJpBkwd5WbAedko4cpG_plp5_LGlVkUuhmJd8m-GspYLswTz_8hNn_Ya5QwaMIscqQZU1uaVjb1BITTEd-vqdT375Wq8XSTZuDrK-VZ72BwA-E793jmSvV7XTtapN677ZBYEtDMU4qBS3S6luvdU4ppZSt3Q0RHmXwkAr8xWegh3ZKfUwy328=

This build utilizes the same amount of points. We add Unwavering Stance. You'll lose 5% chance to evade, but you'll gain immunity to block stun. We also added a couple int nodes to free up a lot of gems. Lastly, changed the placement of passive points a bit. You gain both more damage and more survivability.

Hmmm,.. with only 5% evade, Unwavering Stance definitely sounds worth it.

The extra life I have my doubts about though. Not that the build wouldn't profit from some extra life, just that that's quite the number of points invested just to get to Thick Skin. There must be a more efficient way to spend those points.

Finally I must emphasize that my "build" wasn't actually a build, just a setup to start from and to see what direction a build could take. I also still have no idea what skillgems I would use. What would you use, Elemental Hit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info