Suggestion for GGG's next project/game

GGG so far has displayed beyond phenomenal skills at making an ARPG that is loaded with customization options. While it feels a lot like older ARPGs such as Diablo due to the top-down view, I suggest their next project be a bit more modern visually. This is my complete idea.

- Game name: Revelation of Doom

- Game Genre: First Person ARPG

- Pre-Story details/information:

- The year: 2112

- Location: An apartment building in a poor/beatdown neighborhood (earth).

- Character background: You are a 3 year old child. Your Father went MIA while in combat in war and no one saw what happened to him. Your mother has always been poor and struggled to survive. Though she has a blood line tied to a powerful god that once walked the earth before mankind existed (no one knows this but your character discovers it some point throughout the story of the game).

- How the story/gameplay begins: Your character (the 3 year old child) is playing with blocks in their room as your mother comes in to tuck you into bed for the night. She puts you in your crib, covers you up, and goes into the next room to sleep. Suddenly, the blocks on the floor begin to float and they form an oval. A portal forms between them and a man jumps into your room from the portal takes you out of your crib and jumps back into the portal as your mother tries to rush in because of the noise the portal made but is too late and only finds an empty crib. She begins to weep.

22 years later: You wake up as a grown man/woman in some sort of alien jungle, that appears beautiful and lush. Strange noises you've never heard before are all around you and there's two moons in the night sky. Suddenly, you hear a voice coming from nearby saying very faintly "please, over here, there isn't much time... *cough cough*" You run to look behind the nearest tree-like plant and there is a man wounded in his torso bleeding out. He tells you this when you approach him "Son (or Daughter), they are going to invade us. You must find the divine one. I heard them say the divine one is the only one who has a chance to stop them. It's our only hope..." *the man dies*

Immediately a voice from above says to you "Power is yours, and if you will die, do so gloriously" and a glowing blue crystal like stone falls to the ground. It is called a "Meditation shard" which grants your character it's first skill point and 5 attribute points.

Your character then is free to roam this alien planet and try to figure out who this man was and what he was talking about.

Full spoiler/story:

Spoiler
Your character spends half the game on the (primitive? or not technologically advanced but evolved and biologically advanced) alien planet fighting aliens and demonic creatures with spells and divine powers on a quest to stop them from invading earth. After slaying half of their armies they make a rush to their biological spore pods that they travel space in and leave the planet. You think they went to attack earth so you look for a way home thinking to go back to the jungle you first woke up in. once you are there you look down and an alien book is laying next to the man's remains who you first saw. You open it and read only to find out there is another alien planet even closer to earth. Still without a way to travel anywhere you look up and a voice says "as I made way for you to exist, so will I make a way for you to travel" and a portal opens. Through it is another alien planet with tougher enemies, and bigger enemies. 3/4 of the way through the game after killing 1/2 of the enemies on this new alien planet you are becoming overwhelmed by very strong enemies but you learn they have a leader that controls them all and that they cannot live without him. However he is actually located on earth. At some point you find another portal leading to earth. You go into it to find this leader but are met with resistance as portals begin opening on earth in a futuristic city. (This is act 4) Police and military try to kill the aliens and demons that pour through the portals but somehow their weapons have no effect on them. the aliens try to fortify the city as you then discover their leader is right in the middle of it. Fighting their leader is the "final boss fight".

Game facts:

- There is a life and mana orb, skills/spells cost mana

- There are 4 acts to the game with portals that act as waypoints. (since it's a first person perspective this is easier to use them)

- Your character nor the enemies you fight use any technology. So picking up guns in Act 4 (see spoiler for when this is) isn't possible.

- There are no melee weapons, or ranged weapons, only melee spells/skills and ranged spells/skills. As well as minions you can summon.

- Meditation shards are like a book of skill in path of exile, except they also grant attribute points in addition to a skill point. The lore behind it is that when you meditate you gain divine power.

- The skill tree would be something like it is in PoE currently except every skill is a hybrid between a passive and active skill. Meaning that any time you use a skill point you gain passive bonuses as well as an active skill you may use. Also, you may have 5-10ish active skills for your number keys.

- There is no gear in-game (you simply wake up in the alien jungle at the beginning of the game with clothes) but instead there are spiritual/soul upgrades you can find in the form of alien souls and demonic essence after killing each type of enemy. These will be similar to orbs in Path of Exile and can be used to modify active skills in specific ways, or some will be like an elixir for attributes you cant normally gain just from leveling up.

- Attributes you can gain from leveling up:

Power - Increases damage of active skills
Spirituality - Increases mana regen and max mana
Fortitude - Increases maximum life

- Attributes you can't gain from leveling up:

Energy - Increases casting/attack speed
Vigor - Increases run speed
Protection - Reduces damage amount of all damage types done to you

- All attributes will have a maximum value cap, which can also be raised moderately by certain passive skills.

- While playing online you can encounter other players in safe zones, and form parties.

Description of the game's visual features:

- Beautiful HD, 3D graphics that immerse you in the game and it's environments.

- Alien/demonic sounds that don't exist currently in reality to make it feel like you are really there.

- First person perspective allows you to see all the scenery, the sky, the nearby planets and orbiting moons/suns.

- Day and night cycle. (One that doesn't effect game play but makes the stars, galaxies, and moons shine at night, and lets the sun(s) shine on everything during the day.

- Beautiful lighting and effects.

------------------

This about sums up my idea for now. I'll edit this post as I get more thoughts on it or if people inspire me to add things, but I honestly hope GGG can make this game. If not, I hope someone else can cuz I think it could be epic, especially depending on how badass the aliens and demons you fight are/look and how much fun it is to slay them.

Also, if GGG doesn't have the resources to make it happen, I'd be willing to bet they could hire some people who could make ends meet. The gaming world needs a revolution like this.

P.S. this isn't something for the suggestion forum, is it? Cuz I think that's only PoE suggestions.
"
Väkirauta wrote:
You forgot grinding a lifetime for exalts into the story.

The could still exists but in the form of aliens souls and demonic essences :P

P.S. Chris, thoughts? :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info