[1.0.3] Oro's Sacrifice Theory Craft (Flicker Strike, Righteous Fire? Crits, Softcore)

I'm looking to build a Crit Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike Build to boost it's dps by way more than resolute tech tanks could ever dream of, but ditching tons of survive-ability in the process calls for a Mana Shield build to me, which honestly helps a lot since a 6L Flicker Strike is quite expensive on the mana.

This is just a tapped out tree of what I feel might be optimal...
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlgUtBbUIZwzyDkgRlhXwGNsZLhrbHNwelCFgJJ0k_SftKLUppSo4LIUwcTIJNZI2PTpCOyg8LT7PQKBBh0ZxS3hOKlFHVElWLVb6Vw1aGluvXz9gQ2BLYlpodGxGbj1vnnBScmxyw3TtdPF253rvf8aCHoMJhTKIQohriPGNv5MnlKCdo565ns2fy6PnpcunMKluqwusP6xZrH-0DLXytz653b3mwFHBxcM6xPbGosauykrMBtIh037UI9SP1QDYTdlh2mLbC9xX3Q3dqOOE51LnVOdj7g7vDu9O73ryL_Pd8-r5Y_no_Kv8xf4K

This is not for Righteous Fire but rather Arctic Armor, Righteous Fire is going to be the last thing you can accomplish with this build, in like a 50 point respec lol... I might put more effort into creating a build around Crown of Eyes + Righteous Fire + EB/AA/MoM + Oro's Sacrifice + Flicker Strike + Blood Dances later, as for now, we won't complicate the survive-ability with regen necessity.

This is looking like a FUN build (as most flicker strike builds are) with lots of CONS (as most flicker strike builds have) so is not recommended for Hardcore but could be viable with some heavy tweaks/future unique items. I have not tested yet, either, this is purely Theory Crafting.

I plan to use Arctic Armor and Crits to max the survive-ability when boosting the dps. It's going to be similar to what you would do as a Terminus EST flicker striker, only much stronger/reliable.

---------
The build uses 2 5L~6L Flicker Strikes. (I wish I could use 3, WTB 2handed off-hand trinket)

The first one is geared towards removing the niche Melee Splash and Multistrike support combo (since it benefits physical damage more than anything) and focusing primarily on Single target damage output.

5L (Main DPS)
Spoiler
Flicker Strike (20% quality of course: gives 80% crit chance)
+
Additional Accuracy (20% quality again: gives 80% crit chance)
+
Weapon Elemental Damage (20% quality just for a 10% increase to dps)
+
Elemental Proliferation (Quality helps, Swap for Chance to Ignite in 1v1 situations)
::yet to be tested if ele prolifing the ignite adds frenzy charges-
::if it does, this is going to be my alternative to melee splash-
+
Life Leech (We take Vaal Pact, obviously, Quality doesn't matter here.)
+(6L)
Fire Penetration (for consistent damage)
or
Increased Critical Strikes/Chance to Ignite (for consistent charges, both 20%)
or
Mana Leech (for the additional survive-ability in conjunction with Mind over Matter or to ensure that you have enough mana to cast that next flicker, The obvious alternative to this is using the Unique Mana flask that recovers mana while making it so your abilities use NO mana)

--------------------

The second Flicker Strike is going to be used to build up our frenzy charges when in a tight spot. you can switch flicker strike out for cyclone if you want a quick desync button, but I feel like you can rely on lightning warp with cwdt to resync us. Also can be used as your MF flicker strike at 6Links)

4L (Utility/Charge Building Flicker:::If not using Koams)
Spoiler
Flicker Strike (again, 20% quality : gives 80% crit chance)
+
MultiStrike(only using it on utility since Multistrikes does help with mana/charge conservation and since this is just our utility, dps/huge burn dmg isn't our focus, we only want to get our charges back up)
+
Chance to Ignite
+
Power Charge on Critical (20% for a 20% extra chance to grab power charges on crit)
or
Culling Strike (20% for a 10% increase to "damage") (for farming)
or
Melee Splash (for farming)
+(5L)
Additional Accuracy (20% quality also again: gives 80% crit chance)
or
Item Qauntity (for farming)
+(6L)
Increased Critical Strikes (20% quality: gives 40% crit chance)
or
Item Rarity (for farming)

----------

I don't want to use the niche Multi-strike/Melee splash in the main dps set-up, mostly because I don't want to gimp the massive burn potential that this build could reach, and both of those gems are geared towards PHYSICAL DMG, which is not something I see this build doing very much of if any.

The second reason not to take Multi-strike is simply because, this build's going to rock at least 30~60% chance to crit and a 20~70% chance to ignite with 8 frenzy charges, meaning we pretty much have unlimited Flickers anyways, with this method we can focus on dealing huge dmg to priority targets and end the madness and false-hit DESYNC inducing randomness that multi-flicker strike offers, If elemental proliferation works as I believe it will, then we can kill big mobs without the use of melee splash and still get more frenzy charges than we rightfully need. (even without blood rage)

--------------

:::Other Gems I plan to use:::

Spoiler
Critical Weakness Curse
:::For 80% MORE Crit Dmg (..and some extra flat crit chance) to double that huge massive burn proliferation to every known suspect in the vicinity.

(Helmet::4L)
Anger Aura +reduced
::for a 25% boost to oro's massive fire dmg::
+
Clarity Aura (maxed) +reduced
::for sustaining Arctic Armor/Mind over matter
+
Arctic Armor Buff
(Maxed or close enough to move without degening.. Not sure if flickering around is "moving" there could be a possible conflict here to cause you to go with a lower leveled AA)
::for countering the 20% extra fire/physical dmg taken from the sword
@*s
Grace/Purity of Fire/Purity of Elements Aura +reduced
::for swapping out anger when prioritizing specific defenses

Boots 4L
Cast When Damage Taken #1 (not leveled)
+Enduring Cry
+Decoy Totem
+Lightning Warp (flicker strike + lightning warp makes me happy, adding more variety to your "flash" theme as well as getting you out of harms way if something horrible happens, allowing you to reset your game plan)

Gloves 4L
Cast When Damage Taken #2 (leveled)
+Immortal Call
+Devouring Totem / Crit Weakness
+Molten Shell

----------------------------
::Gear I plan to use:::

Spoiler
(Helmet)
Armor/ES or EV/ES Hybrids
>Life
>>Resists
>>>Accuracy
>>>>Mana/Mana Regen
>>>>>Magic Find

//Hrimnor's Resolve::
High Armour
30% fire dmg and immunity to freeze/chill with 3 passive points

//Geofri's Crest::
20% chaos/all res +1 to gems (for capping purity of fire and resistances)

(Chest)
>Life
>>Resists
>>>Accuracy
>>>>Mana/Mana Regen
>>>>>Magic Find

//Koam's Heart::
No slots / no utility flicker
40% Fire Damage <- pretty big boost to dps
500 Life <- build could use more of that

//Daresso's Defiance::
Extremely High Armor with Iron Reflexes
6% dodge <- eh, buff please.
+End Charge Frequency <-alright immortal call(wish it were on crit strike instead of on kill but I'll take it)
Onslault <- 20% Attack speed boost when hit, conflicts and compliments immortal call as it removes end charges to grant 1 second per end charge)

(Boots)
>Life
>>Resists
>>>Move Speed
>>>>Mana/Mana Regen
>>>>>Magic Find

//Darkray Vectors
Decent Armor with IR
+1 Frenzy Charge <-awesome
16% Dodge Chance at 8 Frenzy Charges <- alright :T
30% light res <- thanks

//Blood Dance
7% Life Regen at max frenzy charges <-ridiculous
3% reduced attack speed boost per frenzy charge (flicker gets a passive of 10% ias per frenzy anyways)

(Gloves)
>Life
>>Resists
>>>Accuracy
>>>>Mana/Mana Regen
>>>>>Magic Find

//Maligaro's Virtuosity
50% crit chance <-yeah
50% crit multiplier <-oh yeah
5% increased attack speed <- ...okay

(Rings)
Prismatics
>Accuracy
>>Resistances
>>>Maximum Life
>>>>Weapon Elemental/Elemental/Fire Damage
>>>>>Critical Chance/Multiplier
>>>>>>Mana/Mana regen/+#Energy Shield/+%Energy Shield
>>>>>>>Magic Find

//The Taming
30% increased weapon elemental dmg <-not bad
28% all resistances <- also not bad
5% chance to ignite <- hell yeah ~
10% dmg to ignited enemies <- wooo

(Amulet)
Jade/Onyx/Paua
>Accuracy
>>Resistances
>>>Maximum Life
>>>>Weapon Elemental/Elemental/Fire Damage
>>>>>Critical Chance/Multiplier
>>>>>>Mana/Mana regen/+#Energy Shield/+%Energy Shield
>>>>>>>Magic Find

//Atziri's Foible
Mana Battery/Leveling purposes lol

---------------
:::Napkin Math Time:::
::Maximum Fire DPS Potential::
Spoiler
Base Oro's Sacrifice has
475~600 Fire Damage * 1.38 Attacks Per Second = 700 Fire DPS +Anger's +94~146 Fire DPS
=
825'ish Fire DPS, Rounding down to 800 BASE FIRE DPS for ease of napkin maths (cuz i'm stupid)

>>
(Increased Fire Damage(going on uniques only, rare rings can achieve a much larger potential):
Hrimnor's Resolve +30%
WED Quality +10%
Koam's Heart +40%
Lava Lash +30%
The Taming x2 +80% to Ignited Enemies
+8% weapon elemental node(rounding it up to 10% for math))
= 200% Increased Fire Damage

so 3 * 800
=
2,400 Fire DPS

>>
60% more Weapon Elemental damaage from WED gem
2,400 * 1.6 =

3,840 Fire DPS
>>

+200% crit chance from the tree
+150% rounded up crit chance from increased critical strike gem
+160% crit chance from quality flicker/added accuracy
+50% crit chance from maligaro's
+40% crit chance from a decent amulet
=
600% crit chance increase 7 * 5% base chance
=
35% chance to crit
+critical weakness 10% crit
=
45% chance to crit (bumping it up to 50% generously for napkin math)

>>
+150% base crit multiplier
+120% crit multiplier from the tree
+50% crit multiplier from maligaro's
+60% crit multiplier from a decent amulet
=
380% crit multiplier rounding up to 400% for the napkin
+
critical weakness 80% MORE crit multiplier
1.8 * 400=
720% crit multiplier (rounding down to 700%)

so what we have thus far after pre-crit math is:

3,840 Fire DPS ~ 4,000 Fire DPS
50% Chance to crit
700% Crit Damage Multiplier

700% * .5 = 300% average crit dps

4,000 * 4.0 =

16,000 Fire DPS Post Crit

Since Flicker strikes damage effectiveness is 125%

16,000 * 1.25 =

20,000 (how sexy~)

Now lets calculate for attack speed modifiers~

+30% ias from tree
+5% ias from maligaro's
+120% ias from 8 frenzy charges with flicker strike bonus
=
+155% ias

with a base 1.38 attacks per second *2.25
=
3.1 attacks per second

3*20k = 80,000 Fire DPS!!

calculating for multistrike with 36% less overall damage

20,000 / 1.36
=

with double the attack speed

14,750*6 =

88,000 Fire DPS

88,000 * .088
=
7,744 Average Life Leech

SO roughly 40,000 Fire DPS without Crit Weakness and pre resistances...

I had higher hopes when I started calculating this but with optimal gear, you could get up to about 100~150k DPS with crit weakness. It still won't beat a pure dagger flicker strike build in terms of raw damage (upwards of 400,000 ~ 500,000 DPS) and survive-ability (able too use a shield/super high ES pool)...but the ability to use flicker strike endlessly without reliance on blood rage is a blessing to people who want to use this build in a party, the massive burn damage is also going to play a role in doing maximum dps, this is why i choose to roll with elemental proliferation over melee splash, since the HIGHEST crit damage is going to be the one that spreads out over everything else, this also increases your DPS by an insane amount versus single targets as well considering the HIGHEST CRIT ignite will run the 4 second duration as opposed to the ignite damage being reset each time you crit or ignite with a lower roll of fire damage.

Meaning, you will be doing 20% of your highest critical strike per second for 4 seconds to an entire pack of mobs with ele prolif or to a single target.

Hm, I guess I could calculate the biggest hit possible, with 50%'ish crit chance it won't be hard to see it often..

4,000 * 8 (crit multiplier)
=
32,500 * 1.25 (flicker dmg effectiveness)
=
40,000 Largest Fire Damage Hit
so
40,000 * 0.20
=
8,000 ignite damage per second without calculating how fire damage effects burning damage in the new patch.

so, and extra 10,000 or so dps can be presumed from ignite damage alone.

Huh, this build's looking at a pretty decent 100k dps..with less than ridiculously over powered gear... still an expensive build, the price tag and dps don't match up in the least but...again, it's an endless flicker strike build that can be used in parties.

I'm sure that was a massive and unorganized compilation of Oro's synergies. I just wanted to get it out there, if this theory craft thread picks up I'll try the build myself and organize everything, so any advice from expert theory crafters or Oro's experienced players would be helpful.

My biggest question::
Is burn damage worth it? (could include a tankier/less crit dependent layout)
Is crit worth it? (providing max dps and burn damage, but making you squishy, there's only 10% chance to crit picked up from the tree, which is a pretty small boost when you can pick up just as much with gems, but the multiplier picked up and accuracy bonuses and accuracy from dex is very vital to the success of critting aswell...so... is it worth it to build into this side of the tree?)

Is the Mana Shield worth it? (Eldritch Battery, Mind over Matter, and Arctic Armor make your character super sustainable in terms of damage taken and in using your mana-hungry 6L flicker strike endlessly. However without it, I believe you could stack burn/fire damage and higher life/regen with the nice crit chance, which would compliment Koam's even more, if you did happen upon it, and even kind of make Crown of Eyes+Righteous Fire a little bit of an option..rocking 3 to 4 Surgeon's Ruby Flasks and of course Blood Dance...)
Last edited by Do_odle on Dec 16, 2013, 11:53:40 PM
bump
bump
I've been trying to think up a build around this sword as well and I like the look of most of your skill tree but I think there are some problems.

I'm pretty sure that with Vaal Pact all those life regen nodes become useless.

Acrobatics cuts your armor and ES in half, prob doesn't work with Iron reflexes and/or unwavering stance. I'd think your best bet is to run evasion with acrobatics.

I think using arctic armor and MoM are an interesting way to solve the swords extra fire/phys taken and elemental reflect but I'm not sure they work with flicker strike. I'm not sure if blinking counts as moving for arctic armor and not sure if it's worth the points going out of your way to run MoM + EB and all those Max/Regen mana nodes.

I agree that you'll prob need to run something like Anger + Purity of fire + Clarity + Grace. You'd need to get some aura nodes, maybe run clarity off of a blood magic gem. Even then you would prob need several aura nodes to have any mana pool left for flicker strike.

I've run into the same problem as you with what to link to flicker strike, there are too many things that it could use.

I think these 3 are mandatory:
Flicker + MultiStrike + Life Steal

I think the next question is whether to run mana Leach or run blood magic:
Flicker + MultiStrike + Life Steal + (Mana Leach/BloodMagic)

Last 2 are kind of up in the air and I can't decide over:
Elemental Proliferation, Chance to Ignite, Elemental Damage, Increase Crit Dmg, Crit Chance, Fire Penetration, Added Fire Dmg, Increase Burn Dmg.

I think if you can get your crit chance high enough you wont have to run Chance to ignite and that Elemental Proliferation might be mandatory for AoE. Then again it might be hard to get the crit high enough with base 5%.

This is what I'm considering for a crit build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAB-ej60sAaFvmIOJ2KkFWnhBo47DhX4jKJd-UEsxRNQYe3Pv4K52OI8axZNZK18qlubEZybDIJeA1YrzboAeenMBQgUEeezXbnbqpKyD8nKk0VIHPhX6r3iCzp3Q2rC3LDzAb8xWegh3ZKfVb63UZjp_xO7g4a2_ljFfDnVCT91QC95j7PUUeNvwW1DPKlyzY9iGvjhMBRcNVwUvPqDkgRlp2j_Ktwu9kTL2_UI92oxqIwcUt4OkIXL2TnVdaApCSwhtHGrjwtxPYn7fPdrKpZ86IANunjamaeaHTaYpSg2E0=

I think the defense might be too low and that the physical dmg taken would be unmanageable with only evasion. might have to go Iron reflexes and drop acrobatics.

I've also seen some interesting Resolute Technique builds that run off + Chance to ignite gem/gear.
Ur math is pretty bad... im not 100% sure, but it seems like u in the first part of ur calculation, u estimate the DPS based off of the weapon attackspeed... then in the last part of ur calculation u multiply the dps (20000) with the weapon attackspeed again. basicly u calculate weaponspeed twice
Ohh... and ur calculation for multistrike is even worse... if the number was 80000... which it is not. multistrike with 100% more attackspeed would give u somethin like 102400 dps ... but due to earlier miscalculations the number is not 80000 . its more like half
also. lower damage ignites will never overwrite the higher damage ignite. Only the highest damage ignite will always deal damage...
Also. weapon description says gain frenzy charge when weapoon ATTACK ignites.. so pretty sure proliferation gives u nothin here. cant be sure though, ofcause... spells igniting for sure wont give u frenzy charges

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info