BANANATHROW lvl100x2 proven;uber atziri capable ... (crit ele spectral mass dps and mf capable)

"
Haboryme wrote:
Thanks for the clarification regarding Master of the Arena

I don't really see the problem with high IAS. Yes, ST hits only twice PER CAST, but the faster you cast the better, you get more projectiles that will each hit twice, or am I missing something?

Some comments regarding your gearing proposition
Eye of Chayula isn't a viable alternative in my opinion.
Unwavering stance is on your way to Vaal Pact and losing the amulet slot would mean a tremendous DPS loss (50+crit multi, WED and flat ele dmg).
Same for Abyssus, having no ES on the helmet would definetely make the ES pool too low (it's already not that large). Also I don't think one granite flask is enough to counter the effect of the +40% physical damage taken. With a high pDPS dagger and triple phys reflect (map mod, mob mod and shrine) this would most likely result in a swift death.
Not to mention the loss from not getting the DPS buff provided by Crown of Eyes.

IAS does indeed boost your DPS, however... I have seen this phenomenon in many wander builds where IAS is taken and accuracy/crit is neglected. If you have an accuracy rating below 85% then you're loosing a tremendous amount of damage. In my personal opinion I believe that boosting base damage, accuracy and crit is much more powerful than boosting attack speed. Blood rage and the four frenzy nodes already boosts your attack speed tremendously.

The gear I mentioned are alternatives and are all intended to be used <prior> to attaining end game gear. I agree with you completely but in my personal opinion shav is much more vital for this build that CoE, at least in the order they are attained.
Last edited by sysop on Jan 1, 2014, 6:58:02 PM
First off, I said something above, and I meant to first say thanks to Flubby for posting this build. I am really enjoying it, and it actually pulled me back into standard from domination since I already had a 6L shavs in standard.

Secondly, to biggerbooms comment, Crown of Eyes must make a huge difference, because I'm almost lvl 80, basically have all the damage nodes, except for spell damage nodes, since I don't have crown of eyes yet, I have a pretty decent amount of both flat ele damage and WeD on jewelry and buffed, i'm only hitting 15k dps (RR BB GG shavs, using PCoC on shavs). I think maybe my dagger is also lacking...and maybe that makes a big difference. Any thoughts?

How big of a difference is 7.8% crit vs. like 8.5% or 9%+ on a dagger?

One thing I did want to mention. I saw someone mention the Mana Geyser node. I was thinking that Deep Thoughts would be even better, without requiring any more points (right above power charge above witch starting area) since this node has 20% mana instead of 16% from mana geyser (and 10 more intel). I think with the leech you get from auxium it would be better to have more mana, than more mana regen...am I wrong in thinking this? Also wondering if you / I could even drop Mind Drinker 2% mana leech node once you get an Auxium?

Thanks again Flubby for putting this together. I started this char about a week ago and have really enjoyed it. Obviously it gets much more fun as you are able to get the passives nodes. Waiting until around 85 or 86 to try and use Crown of Eyes.
how big of a dps difference is it if you go 2R2G2B? want to try this build out but don't want to blow through ridiculous amounts of chroms
Domination - IGN: Fat_Camp
Standard - IGN: FrozenPatties
Last edited by BlackSacrament on Jan 1, 2014, 7:52:40 PM
very big because he use flicker/whirling blade to get power charges which make ST essentially a 7L attack. If you roll 2R2B2G you're bound to a 6L or at best a crapy 7L with 1 socket being increased crit chance and that's a shitty support gem.
However, if you dislike using a 2nd skill to generate power charges, 2R2B2G is actually stronger than this 5 off combo because I believe PCoC is a better gem compared to faster attack due to how much attack speed he's stacked on tree, blood rage and frenzy charges.
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Jan 1, 2014, 10:57:55 PM
I'm currently using

for lightning strike, and in my personal opinion, it's very very shitty trying to generate power charges in any way other than through your main skill. I'm currently using a cast on damage taken gem to generate them, which basically means that I almost never get 5 power charges sustained on easy maps because i just don't take enough damage. When you reach the kind of dps I've reached (300k with full charges), you realize that what you want isn't more tooltip dps, but rather, more sustained tooltip dps. If my chest was RRRRBB instead of RRRRGB then I'd lose faster attacks, but would have 5 power charges all the time.
Last edited by biggerboom on Jan 2, 2014, 12:19:53 AM
The big thing about this build that needs to be taken into consideration is that it's an elemental build, so you need at least two red sockets for the build to work. You also need at least 2 green sockets for LMP + Spec throw. What you can take off, though, is faster attacks, to replace it with power charge on critical. You won't get the same dps as if you had kept the faster attacks gem, but you'll be able to sustain power charges through every situation, and own't lose them in crucial moments against hard bosses like this build normally would unless you risked using an inferior skill just to generate them.
As mentioned before I play with 2b2r2g with pcoc instead of faster attack...52k dps and lv76+ bosses last 2-3 sec. So no need to have 5off color, only if u want to have perfect tooltip dps.
IGN: Std -> Hossina (lv100 Scion)
Talisman -> Voltaxina (lv96 Ranger)

GMT +1, Central Europe
First of all, I like the build, but it definately is one of the most expensive builds ever^^
And I think you made some mistakes in your guide:

"
Flubby wrote:

Shavs adds around 8k dps ( the ias from low life) and the crown does 4k per 22 spell dmg. You can use this build without those two remove the spell dmg nodes ( and get ias, ci , crit) and will still do 20k+ for a cost of like 5-8ex ( 5l eva es chest 1ex dagger 1ex for the jewlery).

Well you forgot the 20++ Ex for Auxium. Without you'll get permafrozen and shock stacked by everything...

"
Flubby wrote:

Defense
1. 80%+ Flask uptime
2. See the flask setup i acutally do have 50% pyhs reduction with 70-80% uptime

I wouldnt count this as extra defense as you dont have any flask mods on gear/passives.
Everybody has a granite flask and the same flask recharge rate like you. This is nothing special imho.
And how do you get to 50% dmg phys dmg reduction? I wear armour gear, have armour nodes (currently 44%) and I dont get even near 50% phys dmg reduction WITH a granite flask...

"
Flubby wrote:

3. Each blade hit gives me 20-30% es back. Once they are up and mobs are around you become close to immortal
[...]
3. once the blades are out its almost impossible to kill me since they cover a whole screen and each ---> single hit<--- gives me 30-50% of my es leeched back

what? as far as I know leech is capped at 20% ES/Life per second. Vaal Pact doesnt remove the cap...

Then how do you maintain blood rage without chaos res and/or ES regen?
And how do u get accuracy without %accuracy nodes and without a lot of dex?
Last edited by azraelb on Jan 2, 2014, 8:32:33 AM
"
azraelb wrote:

what? as far as I know leech is capped at 20% ES/Life per second. Vaal Pact doesnt remove the cap...

why would you specc Vaal Pact then ;P? Vaal Pact does remove the 20% max HP leech/sec cap....

IGN OneMonthHC: Twohundred
"
azraelb wrote:
First of all, I like the build, but it definately is one of the most expensive builds ever^^
And I think you made some mistakes in your guide:

"
Flubby wrote:

Shavs adds around 8k dps ( the ias from low life) and the crown does 4k per 22 spell dmg. You can use this build without those two remove the spell dmg nodes ( and get ias, ci , crit) and will still do 20k+ for a cost of like 5-8ex ( 5l eva es chest 1ex dagger 1ex for the jewlery).

Well you forgot the 20++ Ex for Auxium. Without you'll get permafrozen and shock stacked by everything...

I used Dream Fragments and a high DPS ring with ml (easier to find since you can get res on the belt). It worked but it isn't the best option but it's cheap.

"
azraelb wrote:

"
Flubby wrote:

Defense
1. 80%+ Flask uptime
2. See the flask setup i acutally do have 50% pyhs reduction with 70-80% uptime

I wouldnt count this as extra defense as you dont have any flask mods on gear/passives.
Everybody has a granite flask and the same flask recharge rate like you. This is nothing special imho.

Surgeon's Flask with such AS and crit chance (70%+) recharge very quickly, you don't get that with a "normal" build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info